THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Ramsey

Mike H

One of the players I would be OK with taking instead of a QB... Versatile, imposing defender who plays in coverage and can tackle. Good instincts. Plus Haden is toast.

If the Browns do go with RG3 and take a later round QB, I want Ramsey to be the Pick at 2.

I just wish there was a player named Camp in the draft so.... you know...

The only issue I have with a safety is that he doesn't address the immediate deficiency of run defense.

Because that would ruin our overnite path to the Super Bowl?

Because that would ruin our overnite path to the Super Bowl?

Super bowl? wtf? Dude i just want to stop the run. I don't care if teams pass for 1000 yds a game on us, i.....just.....want.....to....stop.......therun. I'm sick of it. I want the Browns defense to be "serviceable" in at least one area. I"m tired of clowns rushing for 100+yds on the Browns. The road to building a complete defense has to start somewhere, my vote is stopping the run. I'm tired of the looming specter that on any given sunday we could see rushing records fall against the Browns. I hate that.

It's too bad the Browns don't have their qb.... they surely will pick Wentz... or Goff.

Had it not been for this situation.... Ramsey is amazing. I think he's the top player on the

board. He's a future all pro.

But the Browns have had a string of also-rans that weren't the qb they needed. It's just time

to stop it. It's a nice cb class - far easier to get a terrific cb later. But Ramsey is terrific.

Obviously, I'm an FSU guy, and I've said multiple times that I would LOVE to have Ramsey on our team. I see him as a "Troy Palumalu type", as he can cover, rush the passer, and is stout against the run. He'd basically be a new toy for Ray Horton, and he's a guy that has his crap together OFF the field as well. He's a leader, a good kid, and a hard worker. His combine numbers are mind boggling. I think he legit measured 6'1, and 209 pounds, while running a 40 in the 4.4 range. Additionally, he jumped a 40 inch vert, and had some ridiculous broad jump as well.

Note: I am NOT saying that Ramsey will BE Troy Palumalu. Troy is a hall of famer and Superbowl champion. That would be too much for ANY rookie to live up. I'm merely pointing out that I believe Ramsey could be used in a similar manner.

What we don't know, and won't know until draft day, is whether or not our talent gurus have Wentz or Goff rated high enough to take at #2. If we DON'T have them rated high enough, and we can't trade down, then Ramsey definitely fills a need. Haden is hurt yet again, and injured himself in questionable circumstances. It was obvious to me that our franchise was none too pleased about his ankle injury, and it wouldn't surprise me if he hurt himself playing basketball (the king sport of ankle injuries). Haden was banged up ALL last year, and he's starting out 2016 under the knife. Not good. We know we can't depend on Gilbert for a damn thing, and Tramon is old and might be cut soon.

Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.

Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up. If not, we can't reach JUST because we need a QB. Take Ramsey, suffer through yet another miserable season, and try again in 2017. Last year Winston and Mariota came out. This year, as luck would have it, there isn't that level of talent. We have so many holes, need so many things, that taking best player available makes a lot of sense. That is, of course, unless Sashi and Hue feel like Goff or Wentz has what it takes.

but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.

Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.

Bottom line, we need so many things. What we CAN'T do is reach on a QB and completely whiff. If Goff or Wentz is rated high enough to warrant such an early selection, then by all means, snatch them up.

Luckily both QBs are rated high enough...

but that's exactly what people want us to do. Reach every year on a QB until we find "the guy". The league has no problems with us doing that cause it means the better players in the draft fall to the teams the NFL wants to push. A month before the combine Goff/Wentz were late 1st round early 2nd round prospects. So they got coached up for the combine and now all of a sudden they're the most NFL ready QB's in years. Horseshit.

Cleveland is getting played so hard by the league.

Not true?

Mike Mayock said Wentz was a Top10/first rounder in December. Other people are still catching up -- that's how this works. A select few individuals/groups do all the work, and others slowly gravitate towards them as the weeks inch closer to the combine, and then eventually the draft.

Then after the draft, people freak out because WalterFootball or some other hack website hasn't rated the players the same as the way their teams' scouting departments have.

It's a perpetual cycle.....

Not true?

Mike Mayock said Wentz was a Top10/first rounder in December. Other people are still catching up -- that's how this works. A select few individuals/groups do all the work, and others slowly gravitate towards them as the weeks inch closer to the combine, and then eventually the draft.

Then after the draft, people freak out because WalterFootball or some other hack website hasn't rated the players the same as the way their teams' scouting departments have.

It's a perpetual cycle.....

Wtf i thought it was mayock that said both were late picks along with kiper. Ill have to look this up when i get home

December 9: http://www.sports790.com/onair/the-proper-gentlemen-of-sports-52356/mike-mayock-on-the-proper-gentleman-14188620/

I think those three guys (wentz, goff, lynch) ... my gut tells me those three kids are legit

January 26: http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Mayock-Wentz-could-be-a-top-10-draft-pick/3bb34a91-74e8-4854-9f32-241c79f974d9

February 8: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634665/article/mayock-goff-wentz-have-chance-to-be-first-qb-drafted

"This kid went from 'Who is he?' and a fifth-round pick to a top-10 pick and in the conversation with Jared Goff to be the first quarterback picked," Mayock recently told The College Draft podcast.
"I had some questions about his deep-ball accuracy. In one of the games, he underthrew or overthrew four or five deep balls, but outside of that, I'm going 'This is a franchise quarterback, and if he was in a Power Five conference, he's a top-10 pick,'" Mayock said.

What I love about Goff's deep ball is his ability to drop it in the bucket. He throws the ball high enough for the receiver to run under it, and that's actually more rare than many think.

We need the draft to get here already. The really sad thing to me is that our team has so many holes, that one draft and one year of free agency isn't enough to make us competitive. Obviously anything can happen, but when you look at the talent on our team, it doesn't look good.

Maybe that would be a good thread to start? "The things it would take for our team to be competitive."

The really sad thing to me is that our team has so many holes, that one draft and one year of free agency isn't enough to make us competitive. Obviously anything can happen, but when you look at the talent on our team, it doesn't look good.

Maybe that would be a good thread to start? "The things it would take for our team to be competitive."

Short thread... "Vastly improved player evaluation and time."

Astonished you'd entertain the thought that this was potentially a one-year turnaround...

Louis Riddick had a much different take on Ramsey today on NFL Insiders. Called Ramsey's rise to the #1 overall conversation measurement hype.

Riddick bases his boards upon game tape plays made, not athleticism. Went as far as saying that Ramsey's athleticism worked against him at FSU as he did not need to learn his craft. Sounded eerily Gilbert-esque.

Here are his top five DBs of 2016:

5. Hargreaves (CB) FL

4. Ramsey (CB/FS) FSU

3. Apple (CB) OSU

2. Jackson III (CB) UH

1. Karl Joseph (SS) WVU

I think it's safe to say that placing Joseph at #1 is an even bigger surprise than ranking Ramsey at 4. But Riddick called Joseph a thumper that is made for any team that wants to toughen up its defense.

Louis Riddick had a much different take on Ramsey today on NFL Insiders. Called Ramsey's rise to the #1 overall conversation measurement hype.

Riddick bases his boards upon game tape plays made, not athleticism. Went as far as saying that Ramsey's athleticism worked against him at FSU as he did not need to learn his craft. Sounded eerily Gilbert-esque.

Here are his top five DBs of 2016:

5. Hargreaves (CB) FL

4. Ramsey (CB/FS) FSU

3. Apple (CB) OSU

2. Jackson III (CB) UH

1. Karl Joseph (SS) WVU

I think it's safe to say that placing Joseph at #1 is an even bigger surprise than ranking Ramsey at 4. But Riddick called Joseph a thumper that is made for any team that wants to toughen up its defense.

I saw Hargreaves get beat repeatedly in UF's bowl game against Michigan. I'm not taking him early.

Archived