THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi is Destroying Browns Reporting in His Spare Time at the Spring Meeting

Tour2ma

I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just going to go ahead and be totally honest........ I have no idea what analytics even is, and need Google's help just to spell it. I never saw Money Ball either.

It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

It is literally just analyzing data to find trends. Every team in every sport does it, and always has.

These guys are just looking for data points that more closely correlate with success.

Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

Or...errr, maybe you do? :blush:

Right....I mean, you don't need a Harvard education to understand analytics!

Or...errr, maybe you do? :blush:

Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

OK... I laughed so hard that that one hurt..

Look on the bright side... it's better than the model spitting out that they were under-drafted...

Did the effort all start with a pile of data and a regression analysis?

I'm okay with bringing in Hue.. Im not a fan of "Whore-ton" and his less than desirable hang DB's out to dry defense. And I'm definitely not a fan of Dupa and Sushi. I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

If you needed any more evidence.

Maybe it just depends on the data points you're evaluating.

Or maybe the education helps in finding NEW, undiscovered data points.

It's all very interesting stuff, personally. I've been working on a formula for QB's in the draft for about two years with some guys as a side project and all its continuously told me so far thoughout each revision is that both Joey Harrington and Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been drafted so high.

That is a No Shit Sherlock statement if I ever heard one.

I honestly think its a conspiracy to move the browns to vegas when the stadium lease is up 2020 I believe.

And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. :lol:

And the bonus is we will already have a free and experienced QB waiting there for us. Forget drafting them. If you build it (in Vegas) he will come. :lol:

Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

Laugh all you want but a team just cant be this inept by accident.

No, but they can if you have an impatient owner and players who want to play elsewhere because of a decades long reputation as a losing team.

League would never approve team to move... team still has a lease on a newish stadium... etc..... etc.... blah blah

Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

Money talks in this league.. The signing of RG Knees proves it to me.. They signed a POS often injured QB who cant read defenses to save his own life.. FU Dee Haslam.. hope its worth the ride in bed.

This brightens my day. Your opinion is wrong 99.9% of the time, so this points to RG3 having a great career.

Too true

Yes , and you once wrote for a rag that hires high school kids..You should report for TMZ.. Thats your sub culture level of Journalism..

My first Browns game was the last year Jim Brown played before retiring. So I'm old! But what can you say about a man who fires Paul Brown, trades Paul Warfield,

Paul Brown was THE Browns. He invented the west coast offense. Face masks! He was the first Coach to write down the plays, copy them and put them in a binder. So technically, he invented the first playbook. The coaches under him went on to greatness and won Super Bowls.

Then one day Art Modell came along and fired the greatest mind that ever existed in Football, ever. Today's fans don't remember the true history of the Browns nor the players that are drafted.

I do think we can be successful but it's not going to happen overnight. Decades of bad management and terrible draft picks cannot be erased in a couple of years.

Maybe this new regime will surprise us maybe not. I'm willing to wait and see in April. If I were the FO, I would trade the #2 pick for draft picks and get as many good players possible. Why draft a QB #2 if he's going to sit!

because hopefully he will be the front man for the team 10+ years after sitting for +/- season.

how is that bad?

It's bad because it is an extremely inexact science with more often getting a dud than a diamond. If there was a guarantee that Went or Goff was the next Philip Rivers we all would sign up for that but with the teams history there a better chance they are the next Brandon Weeden

It's bad because it is an extremely inexact science with more often getting a dud than a diamond. If there was a guarantee that Went or Goff was the next Philip Rivers we all would sign up for that but with the teams history there a better chance they are the next Brandon Weeden

So I say just never draft a QB because past regimes fucked up. Maybe run the WildDawg on every play?

So I say just never draft a QB because past regimes fucked up. Maybe run the WildDawg on every play?

So you don't want to draft a QB with the 2nd pick in the 2016 NFL draft so the logical conclusion is above. Love my fellow Browns fans.

inexact science? I watched Rivers at NC state 2 years. His ducks don't match the dimes on these 2 guys are throwing. You don't quit QB drafting cause of the teams history. You draft a rookie QB, cause your team has nobody to build your future on. RG3 has proven what?

inexact science? I watched Rivers at NC state 2 years. His ducks don't match the dimes on these 2 guys are throwing. You don't quit QB drafting cause of the teams history. You draft a rookie QB, cause your team has nobody to build your future on. RG3 has proven what?

If you are 4-12 and building your franchise on a QB, you're the Jags and how is that working.

Archived