THE BROWNS BOARD

The Jets want to trade..... for McCown?!?

sdballis

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever talent and ability McCown had he gave it all up for the Browns when he was here. If there was any player that "played like a Brown" he would be top on my list. If he doesn't remain with Cleveland I wish him the best wherever he goes.

+5(?)... I lost count...

I'm not the one that constantly references quidditch and voldermort, but whatever floats your boat.

Do you even know about the subject matter? It is one of the best fantasy series ever produced. Up there with the Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars.

McCown was brought in to be a lifestyle coach for lil' Johnny. While the failure of this effort was not on McC, it is a position that is no longer required.

The only advantage McC holds over RG3 as the vet choice is that with McC there is no concern of an ego outbreak fueling tension at the position.

This... Pep and Hue have no interest in a 3rd voice in their protégée's ear.

Yeah, I don't see McCown coming back for just the reasons Tour stated.

Mike

Whatever talent and ability McCown had he gave it all up for the Browns when he was here. If there was any player that "played like a Brown" he would be top on my list. If he doesn't remain with Cleveland I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Amen our brother!! Tocosman, your McCown nonsense never beat this one..

McCown just might go to Denver which puts Fitzpatrick in a bad place.

How so? Anytime a QB goes somewhere other than NYJ I'd think it helps Fitz...

Fiitz won't have any leverage. When Only one team wants you they name the price I reckon.

And when only one vet QB is left for that team to choose from?

Typical Browns move lets get rid of a solid qb that bridge the gap between now and finding a real franchise qb and well will replace him with a washed up piece of shit and a shitty rookie and limp along for another 5 years or until the coach is fired the Browns are the poorest ran organization I have ever seen they are a joke and a laughing stock the people in the front office changed but the Philosophy is the same make sure they lose

there won't be another 5 yrs....there will be no more cleveland browns if what you say happens, and it could...they won't be. around...maybe in saint louis...

I also think mccown would be a better mentor - just because of how old and experienced he is vs RG3.

I have a hard time seeing the #1 QB prospect, RG3, and McCown on the same roster. I'd have to think RG3 is looking for a situation where he'd eventually have a chance to be the guy.

he will be the guy with his 3rd knee surgery...that is all i see.... stupid move picking this guy up...oh wait, we did pick up no knees mcgehee. a few yrs ag..what did he have...6 billion knee injuries...took him 7 seconds just to get to the los....then wham....he picks up his nice fat check for getting his ass to the los and falling down....

Hoyer is out in Houston. Could be competition for McCown for Denver or Jets.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25535370/report-brian-hoyer-and-the-houston-texans-are-headed-for-a-divorce?linkId=22855320

Between Fitzpatrick and Kap, there are two starting QBs out there and three cities ... San Fran, Denver, NY Jets.

So it could be McCown or Hoyer in the other city, acquired for a 7th rounder or something.

But I could see Fitz landing in Denver, Kap traded to jets, and Chip just going with what he has (Gabbert) and the draft, leaving these guys (McCown and Hoyer) to just get cut.

I would like to see us get a pick for McCown though, I'm not sure it will happen.

Zombo

Also the option of holding onto McCown until preseason gets going, banking on another team's QB getting injured and a team all of a sudden having a need. I think McCown has demonstrated he knows this is a business and would ride along and keep quiet, even with knowing we're just using him as a pawn. Also, pretty cheap extra QB coach for RG3 and Goff/Wentz if that happens to be the case.

Archived