THE BROWNS BOARD

The Jets want to trade..... for McCown?!?

sdballis

McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see the benefit in cutting him or trading him for nothing.

WSS

I understand... the problem is he brings very little value to our 2016 roster.

Remember the trend has been to carry only 2 QBs on the active roster. Was true here and in Cinci the past couple years... I think...

Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

It's like kicking 2 Dead Horses. JT says "FO knows not to trade me" & Joe "I don't feel right leaving a contract" :blink:. Hope JT stays & maybe trade dead line to a winner. JT may give in. McCown is the best damn plan for the money to keep the future kid growing in the new system quickly. After Hue & Asst. Coaches get's more on their plate with Team & RG3 re-schooling. I just don't see our future getting any help anywhere. Understand the roster spot & PS guy would be a better option but if I see 5 TE's again on this roster, I may lose it.. :ph34r:

... but if I see 5 TE's again on this roster, I may lose it.. :ph34r:

lol... certainly not when 3 or more are on the PS...

I'm not trying to push Joe out the door, but for good value... to a winner, I would move him. If McC could be a piece of that, then so be it...

I understand... the problem is he brings very little value to our 2016 roster.

Remember the trend has been to carry only 2 QBs on the active roster. Was true here and in Cinci the past couple years... I think...

Assumedly our old staff is out of a job and Jackson no longer works for Marv Lewis for a reason.

Change.

And there are plenty of guys at the bottom of the 53 that bring nothing to the table.

And unless RG3 is now more resilient a capable vet will be useful.

WSS

Did the DATs already cut Weeden?

OK, I see that they did. See this list for QBs still out there, including Weeden:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2016&position=8&type=-1

One name missing though that should be on there: JFF.

They didn't give out any "F" grades Gip. :)

Here we go again with this stupid fucking MENTOR shit.

Who the fuck has Josh Mah-Clown mentored? What the fuck exactly does a QB who never won a fucking thing have to teach a young, impressionalbe QB? WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

Ah, I get it, so he could pick up the habits of a fucking loser and HIMSELF become one.

You guys really are a bunch of mouth breathing, limp-dick, Neaderthal morons who are like those battery powered toys that forever bang into the wall, turn, bang into another, repeat, and never do a fucking thing. NO WAIT........... you dumb mother fuckers are even worse............. the battery operated toys are ownership and management............... You stupid ass dildo suckers are the simpletons who buy those things and sit around all fucking day long looking at them.

Someone on sports TV spreads his ass cheeks as simply for the sake of filling up air time, invents the concept of QB mentoring, and you idiots spend the rest of your life parroting the same shit............ Analytics, Analytics..... Mechanics,,,, Mechanics,,,,,,, We need more fat ass OL........... and of course, this fucking idiotic MENTORING bullshit

Hey, I know, let's get fucking Whoopie Tarkenton Goldberg to Mentor Selena Gomez on how to be a sexy woman?

No, No, Wait................ Let's get Barney fucking Fife to Mentor all our Military men...........................

Oh, I have a better one.....Let's get Mister Fucking Haney to run the Federal Reserve

How fucking stupid are you people? Mah-Clown is a fucking loser. Maybe he can teach our new QB who to get a concussion or shoulder separation? Fucking idiots.

You're going to take the #1 or #1 QB prospect and let some loser fucking teach him?

Jesus, Joseph and Mary you people get dumber, and dumber with every post.

Hey, let's let the #2 rated Black Fran Tarkenton teach Wenz how to run around like a chicken with no head until some DE comes in and blasts the mother fuck out of him? Yeah............... now yer talkin...............

Funny shit , Ghoullie.. lmfaoo!

Here we go again with this stupid fucking MENTOR shit.

Who the fuck has Josh Mah-Clown mentored? What the fuck exactly does a QB who never won a fucking thing have to teach a young, impressionalbe QB? WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

Ah, I get it, so he could pick up the habits of a fucking loser and HIMSELF become one.

You guys really are a bunch of mouth breathing, limp-dick, Neaderthal morons who are like those battery powered toys that forever bang into the wall, turn, bang into another, repeat, and never do a fucking thing. NO WAIT........... you dumb mother fuckers are even worse............. the battery operated toys are ownership and management............... You stupid ass dildo suckers are the simpletons who buy those things and sit around all fucking day long looking at them.

Someone on sports TV spreads his ass cheeks as simply for the sake of filling up air time, invents the concept of QB mentoring, and you idiots spend the rest of your life parroting the same shit............ Analytics, Analytics..... Mechanics,,,, Mechanics,,,,,,, We need more fat ass OL........... and of course, this fucking idiotic MENTORING bullshit

Hey, I know, let's get fucking Whoopie Tarkenton Goldberg to Mentor Selena Gomez on how to be a sexy woman?

No, No, Wait................ Let's get Barney fucking Fife to Mentor all our Military men...........................

Oh, I have a better one.....Let's get Mister Fucking Haney to run the Federal Reserve

How fucking stupid are you people? Mah-Clown is a fucking loser. Maybe he can teach our new QB who to get a concussion or shoulder separation? Fucking idiots.

You're going to take the #1 or #1 QB prospect and let some loser fucking teach him?

Jesus, Joseph and Mary you people get dumber, and dumber with every post.

Hey, let's let the #2 rated Black Fran Tarkenton teach Wenz how to run around like a chicken with no head until some DE comes in and blasts the mother fuck out of him? Yeah............... now yer talkin...............

You should thank your care taker for giving you enough computer time to type that all out.

Assumedly our old staff is out of a job and Jackson no longer works for Marv Lewis for a reason.

Change.

And there are plenty of guys at the bottom of the 53 that bring nothing to the table. And unless RG3 is now more resilient a capable vet will be useful.

Also, Tour, how many receivers, lineman tight ends et cetra do we carry? Which of those positions are more important than a competent quarterback? How often does a Browns quarterback play 16 games as opposed to an offensive lineman who has probably at least a couple backups?

I just see RG as the new "capable vet". Pair him with the QB I still see us taking at #2 and there are our two QBs for the 53. It is how I see a rebuilding team going. Could there be a 3rd QB? Sure...

If we were in playoff contention, then a second vet as an insurance policy would make sense to me... but we are not in that position. Thus the #2 overall...

Part of our rebuild effort has to be mining for position players. Prior to this year I'd put most positions ahead of OL. Now? At minimum the gap has closed.

It does look like Hue carried three QBs in his year at Oakland... Palmer, Campbell and Boller.

I just see RG as the new "capable vet". Pair him with the QB I still see us taking at #2 and there are our two QBs for the 53. It is how I see a rebuilding team going. Could there be a 3rd QB? Sure...

If we were in playoff contention, then a second vet as an insurance policy would make sense to me... but we are not in that position. Thus the #2 overall...

Part of our rebuild effort has to be mining for position players. Prior to this year I'd put most positions ahead of OL. Now? At minimum the gap has closed.

It does look like Hue carried three QBs in his year at Oakland... Palmer, Campbell and Boller.

Looks like 3 capable veterans to me.

I'm not predicting what Jackson will do but that sounds better than veteran reclamation project, rookie and bum.

Or simply reclamation project and rookie.

Anyway when the time comes we are down to our third quarterback it probably won't matter very much.

WSS

I predict Griffin starts 15 games.

Wentz starts the last one, after we have already clinched everything we can clinch. And he looks awesome.

Zombo

--Jacqueline Brissett never gets off the practice squad.

• 2 weeks later...

the #1 QB prospect, RG3, and McCown on the same roster.

^^^ dream situation for me.

I'd have to think RG3 is looking for a situation where he'd eventually have a chance to be the guy.

sounds typical, but if RG3's ego is in check regarding being a backup he may not see the situation as you see it at all.

i question his heart, but i also don't know him. he never wanted to be in Cle before. he still makes over a Mil per year to ride the pine, doesn't sound too bad. but yeah hitting those contract incentives and triggering those escalators would be nice, but does he really want to be a pinata on a 3-13 team that's obviously rebuilding? maybe, maybe not.

He hasn't but no one seems to be pressing to have RG3 mentor a young QB. The argument is that McCown can coach a young kid into being a good QB when he himself has never been one.

Hue has never been one...just saying.

Actually yes. He has done more. Rookie of the year and for the most part better numbers. I'm not a fan of rg3 but it makes sense to bring him in. Even if it is for one season. Yes he's injury prone. But so is McCown. He sat out how many games last year? We don't pick up rg3 to mentor. Why is a career backup mentoring a rookie such a great idea to you? Serious question.

i think it's more about durability. since returning to the league in '99, the Browns are something like 1/16 at making it through a season with 3 QBs or less...with a pretty decent O-line that has had multiple pro bowlers on it, Lecharles Bentley not included.

do you follow the Browns closely? nearly 30 QBs in two decades is worth rolling the dice on an unproven RG3 healthwise, Shaw/Davis and a rookie?

let me remind you the Browns are a Billion dollar franchise. not a swimming pool concession stand or a shift at a Lowes Home Improvement. a billion dollars. now imagine running a billion dollar company with millions of fans, employees with families, in a league where success directly translates to fame and huge financial reward. the QB is the most important position in American football.

not doing everything is literally irresponsible. you can be a big risk taker on an X Box, preferably not on a team currently on a 50 year championship drought.

for me, as a Browns fan when i hear you say the above it makes me imagine NASA going into space a man short with another having a cold.

except this shit is real, and NASA isn't in space and is irrelevant to this discussion.

billion dollar company...heading into the safari with no spare tire, even though you have a full size one on a rim already mounted on the truck, and you want to unbolt it and leave it behind to make room for more cannonfodder...no thank you.

What we already know is that the front office doesn't care about Josh McCown.

WSS

how do we know this, and to what extent do they really not care? obviously they won't lose the fanbase if Josh left and had success elsewhere, but i believe they don't see absolutely zero value in him either. i hope he sticks. with Goff/Wentz it would be the best ive felt about the Brown's QB room...ever.

for me, as a Browns fan when i hear you say the above it makes me imagine NASA going into space a man short with another having a cold.

except this shit is real, and NASA isn't in space and is irrelevant to this discussion.

Jack Del Rio

"Simplify, We are building a football team here. Not a complicated space craft to land on Mars" Hello Sashi

Whatever talent and ability McCown had he gave it all up for the Browns when he was here. If there was any player that "played like a Brown" he would be top on my list. If he doesn't remain with Cleveland I wish him the best wherever he goes.

truth spoken.

However, he has experience coaching up talent. McCown couldn't figure out how to get himself out of mediocrity.

Oh I think he knows perfectly well how to do it, he just hasn't been able to convince a better team to pick him up.

No reason he wouldn't be successful on a good team, maybe Denver.

WSS

WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

no thanks. positive attitude, maturity, respect, punctuality, intelligence, talent, wisdom, focus, poise, toughness, desire/will/drive/ambition/determination, tenacity, great presence and heart are not words i use to describe losers.

huge difference between the words "can't" and "haven't".

here, one is an impossibility. the other simply has seldom occurred.

However, he has experience coaching up talent. McCown couldn't figure out how to get himself out of mediocrity.

fair, but i believe it was more timing, his surroundings, his particular situation,rather than lack of talent or ability as the culprits. i can't think of a better 3rd QB for the Browns as insurance down the stretch. i think i like him even better than a Hoyer backup. he and Tom Brady would make for an interesting QB room.

Oh I think he knows perfectly well how to do it, he just hasn't been able to convince a better team to pick him up.

No reason he wouldn't be successful on a good team, maybe Denver.

WSS

how funny if Josh ends up following JFF to Denver.

if it happened at least it's not moving to somewhere crazy bitter cold and dying, Denver is growing, clean, progressive, sunny -- off the field it's a definite positive. on the field they are returning SB Champs, there's definitely worse places to be.

Archived