THE BROWNS BOARD

The Jets want to trade..... for McCown?!?

sdballis

what i've seen of RG3 lately is someone who just doesn't give a fuck

What I have seen of him lately is a guy that was told that his coach didn't like him and wasn't going to play him....and a guy that said "OK, I will keep my mouth shut and just wait until I can get out of here and go somewhere that a coach thinks I can play" As far as I am concerned, he acted professionally in that regard. (unlike some other recent vintage QB we know about). And now he may have found that guy in Hue Jackson.

By the way....note for Zombo: How about we treat "he whose name shall not be mentioned" like Voldemort. Any time his name comes up...be it his actual name or like JFF or some such.....autocorrect it to Voldemort...or something you prefer.

I mean, if you can do it with the word Retard, you can do it with him, no?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCown was brought in to be a lifestyle coach for lil' Johnny. While the failure of this effort was not on McC, it is a position that is no longer required.

The only advantage McC holds over RG3 as the vet choice is that with McC there is no concern of an ego outbreak fueling tension at the position.

I've heard it said that the vet qb will not be a mentor. He will play and the kid will be coached up...by a coach.

This... Pep and Hue have no interest in a 3rd voice in their protégée's ear.

If that's true, then [and I'm serious] why bother with RG3 at all?

Why not just trade McCown and be done with it?

i think they don't want this to be a wasted year. whatever the reasoning they have for making this move it's not thinking that RG3 is going to be the savior of the browns (at least i hope they don't.....cuz then they're dumb as bricks) it's more on the lines of youth vs. age and probably money somewhere mixed in.

this goes to show me that hue wants the rookie QB we pick at 2 to sit for a while and get up to speed with the game before throwing him into the ring.

either way the life expectancy of either of these guys is a 1/2 season so..........

McCown was brought in to be a lifestyle coach for lil' Johnny. While the failure of this effort was not on McC, it is a position that is no longer required.

The only advantage McC holds over RG3 as the vet choice is that with McC there is no concern of an ego outbreak fueling tension at the position.

On the other hand, RGIII may also need a lifestyle coach....not as badly as Voldemort, but still.

This... Pep and Hue have no interest in a 3rd voice in their protégée's ear.

But, A. RGIII may be that protoge and B. I still think it is better to learn to be a pro from a fellow player rather than a coach.

Seems like a no lose thing. We trade off a 37 year old beat up qb for a younger and faster one. If RG3 recaptures some of his previous lightning, great! If not, he buys some time so that the new kid doesn't get killed. And there is no way in hell that they plan on starting a rookie qb. With the CBA forbidding much practice time, you just can't do it now. Now to see where Mcown ends up. I wish him well.

McCown could have won in Dallas last year. He definitely will find a job as a backup somewhere. Denver might be drafting Paxton Lynch: McCown could be a mentor there.

what i've seen of RG3 lately is someone who just doesn't give a fuck

What I have seen of him lately is a guy that was told that his coach didn't like him and wasn't going to play him....and a guy that said "OK, I will keep my mouth shut and just wait until I can get out of here and go somewhere that a coach thinks I can play" As far as I am concerned, he acted professionally in that regard. (unlike some other recent vintage QB we know about). And now he may have found that guy in Hue Jackson.

By the way....note for Zombo: How about we treat "he whose name shall not be mentioned" like Voldemort. Any time his name comes up...be it his actual name or like JFF or some such.....autocorrect it to Voldemort...or something you prefer.

I mean, if you can do it with the word Retard, you can do it with him, no?

If I knew what the fuck a voldermort was I could be be persuaded.

Zombo

--And no I'm not googling it, my computer will think I'm a nerd.

If I knew what the fuck a voldermort was I could be be persuaded.

Zombo

--And no I'm not googling it, my computer will think I'm a nerd.

Harry Potter's dark evil wizard. If you say his name deatheaters would come to capture or kill you.

And you are a nerd for NOT knowing it. Nerd.

c5ff1741bac15ea52fb181d82bb059f2.jpg

Harry Potter's dark evil wizard. If you say his name deatheaters would come to capture or kill you.

And you are a nerd for NOT knowing it. Nerd.

c5ff1741bac15ea52fb181d82bb059f2.jpg

Alrighty then.

Zombo

Typical Browns move lets get rid of a solid qb that bridge the gap between now and finding a real franchise qb and well will replace him with a washed up piece of shit and a shitty rookie and limp along for another 5 years or until the coach is fired the Browns are the poorest ran organization I have ever seen they are a joke and a laughing stock the people in the front office changed but the Philosophy is the same make sure they lose

Typical Browns move lets get rid of a solid qb that bridge the gap between now and finding a real franchise qb and well will replace him with a washed up piece of shit and a shitty rookie and limp along for another 5 years or until the coach is fired the Browns are the poorest ran organization I have ever seen they are a joke and a laughing stock the people in the front office changed but the Philosophy is the same make sure they lose

if they don't pick the QB at #2, everything you just said i'll agree with.

That solid bridge quarterback (McCown) went 1-7 last year as a starter. I like to think just maybe we can do a tad better than that.

As to the QBs in the 2016 draft- I'm not going to argue with you anymore.

Whatever talent and ability McCown had he gave it all up for the Browns when he was here. If there was any player that "played like a Brown" he would be top on my list. If he doesn't remain with Cleveland I wish him the best wherever he goes.

+1!

Whatever talent and ability McCown had he gave it all up for the Browns when he was here. If there was any player that "played like a Brown" he would be top on my list. If he doesn't remain with Cleveland I wish him the best wherever he goes.

+3 and without a defense worth a shit to anyone.

I'm thinking that there will be teams that feel they still need a qb after the draft plays out. Seems to happen each year. That also would mean that Josh's value would increase. They might be wise to hold him till TC starts then see what they can get in the next draft. It may also help him getting a bit more cash out of a team. He has my respect but the 1st half of next season may require a run first guy to avoid a blood bath.

Archived