THE BROWNS BOARD

Wanted: A Muslim Speaker

One Post

I think it's more related to the fact that the quran is the will/word of Allah. If you denounce anything it says, then you could be viewed as denouncing Allah.

Not too different from Christianity, though most western Christians have evolved to a point where they realize biblical stories and writings are contextual to the time period they were written - and mostly stuff that isn't supposed to be taken literally.

Though I guess many choose to do that selectively depending on what they agree with. The normal Muslims who live in western society probably the same case.

Almost all the verses of violence in the Old Testament are related to certain places and time periods. They are not open ended like the verses of the koran are. The verses in the koran that speak of killing infidels where you find them is open ended and applies as much today as when it was written.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of what particularly? The jordanians spoke somewhat authoritatively yet the only troops they've seemed to committed are guarding their border.

Or did you mean the president who has sent the justice department to investigate incidents in which black criminals are involved?

(by the way I think the jordanians and Egyptians are the closest we have to trustworthy partners in the Middle East, well except for Israel, but I haven't seen what I would call a big military commitment)

WSS

The latter

I don't think your examples necessarily support the first point you made

Archived