THE BROWNS BOARD

Women's Soccer accuse US Soccer of wage discrimination

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give Woody a break on this one.

He likes soccer and gets a kick out of watching it pun intended. I can't stand it but... There are people who hate football, and love auto racing tennis golf and bowling.

WSS

Soccer (real football) can be the most entertaining sport imaginable, if you are in to it, but some things I just cannot stand on TV - golf is foremost in that, but also snooker is pretty dull, darts, any kind of fishing, athletics (especially longer distance stuff).

I prefer team sports where there is some kind of tactics, and the game is alive as long as possible.

The AT&T girl, haha. I'm not disagreeing, I just find the while thing funny.

It is kind of telling though. A thread about wage discrimination for women's soccer players presented to a bunch of guys turned into a "Hot Chicks" thread... Hahaha

It's all my fault. I take this one.

I never watched golf on television but I don't golf myself. It looks really boring on tv. My friends who golf tell me that is why they like watching golf on tv and I don't. They say if I played golf I would feel different about watching it televised. Maybe they are right?

golf has gotten a lot better because they're constantly switching camera's all over the course from one player to the next and now you can actually watch the guys ball flight. It used to be you saw his swing and then the camera would switch to the green and you'd see it land. So watching guys tee off with a driver was usually pointless But now you can see them draw or fade the ball around the bend. And yes I play golf... :D

womens golf is one of the sports I expect women to be good enough to compete with men shortly. Some of these chicks are driving the ball 300 now...so especially on some of the shorter course we should see women compete favorably. That fucking Korean bean pole can whip the ball over 300 she pisses me off so bad.

Oddly enough I don't mind a little bit of golf on television. My Dad loved to watch it and sometimes I just sit there with him. A sport I kind of like on the radio is baseball. Something kind of nostalgic to listening to the ballgame.

I've tried to get into hockey but just can't fully appreciate it.

WSS

The AT&T girl, haha. I'm not disagreeing, I just find the while thing funny.

It is kind of telling though. A thread about wage discrimination for women's soccer players presented to a bunch of guys turned into a "Hot Chicks" thread... Hahaha

My room mates and I shared a laugh during the world cup when we discussed "Things said during male sporting events vs female sporting events." It's just one of those things men are better built for and there is no denying it. Except for sand volleyball...

Archived