THE BROWNS BOARD

Winslow now highest-paid tight end in NFL history.

flipflop

Pot. This is kettle. You're black.

Dude you don't seem to realize that nobody wants DA. There is not talk of any teams wanting him over Quinn. All of the football talk on all of the sites, radio stations, and NFL TV shows speak to teams wanting Quinn. Not DA.

Damn you're just too dense.

Lum is proving to be a pretty dumb motherfooker, and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed.

Total toolpouch stupidity that boy is. Kinda Pittsburgese actually.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He actually did during that game, it was the only time in his life Lumbergh honestly looked at Anderson and saw the inferior QB we all see, that afternoon he actually called for him to be benched.

As you can see that moment of clarity quickly faded....

It was the Evil monkey in Lumbergh closet that made him do it!

He actually did during that game, it was the only time in his life Lumbergh honestly looked at Anderson and saw the inferior QB we all see, that afternoon he actually called for him to be benched.

As you can see that moment of clarity quickly faded....

I still think there was a substitute hand in the puppet that day.

You do realize that most Browns fans loved KW it is just he is damaged goods and not worth the risk of giving him the size of contract that he was going to want if we had kept him and had to redo his contract during contract talks. It is not that we did not or do not like him, just it is a risk versus reward thing.
Well you guys sure have a funny way of showing it.

So what does not matter what they gave up to get him.
It matters because you are the one who said they broke even. To help illustrate the point, if he were a Steeler I wonder if their front office would feel they "broke even". There's no hiding you're a Browns fan, that much is clear. It's seriously infected your brain.
The fact remains giving him a big contract with so much guarenteed money is way more risky then just trading him getting something in return from him while he still can get value, How much value would he have if he got hurt this year and was done. Or we keep him, he does really good, then we reward him with the contract that he wants then he gets hurt. RISK VS REWARD nothing personal.
He still had what? Two years left? My point is that he's about to pay off those couple years he owed you with elite, top 5 TE play in the prime of his career and the new regime sent him packing, for waaaay less than they spent. Way less. Add in the two years he sat rehabbing and the fact is Kellen got over on the Stains in a big way. He could have finished out his contract in Cleveland, right? When you spent $15 bucks on a tube of toothpaste you make certain you roll the tube all the way from the bottom. Guess they've just got money to burn up there in Ohio. They better draft a HOF'er with that 2nd pick to come within a mile of even having this conversation.

You could say that about the Bucs now.

Tony Gonzales

Jason Witten

Antonio Gates

Owen Daniels

Dallas Clark

Kellen Winslow

Of these top TE's, what has their team done in the playoffs? Besides Dallas Clark, absolutely nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Having a player like Winslow is a luxury, something the Bucs don't have.

Are you fooking seriously pulling out that card? This from a team who gave Two 1sts and Two 2nds for a coach they just fired? Yeah, don't think they came out ahead on that trade, and they still haven't recovered from that stupidity.

How does this illustrate anything in regards to the Browns? Are you so narrow-minded you think anyone gloating is an automatic Bucs fan? Wow. You're astute there Vegas.

Great job defending your team. I better watch out for you, the way you quote the same sentence twice really puts me in my "fooking" place.

so, i go and buy a caddy.....she's running great, everything i wanted in a car. while being stupid one day racing a pinto, i spun a bearing on the 4th rod whilst leaving that crappy ford in my dust.

now, my cars screwed. every time i start it up, i hear that knocking and i have to wonder just how much more time this engine will run. unfortunately, its not worth fixing because the damage is already done....and a crate motor would be just too much.

so now i have a choice.....keep this caddy knowing its damaged goods, and drive it till it dies. could be today, tomorrow, or never. or, i could sell it to the highest bidder and try to recoup some of my losses.

it just so happens i found a buyer that doesn't even know what an engine is, doesn't know what the problem is, but figured that at a reduced cost from MSRP that it was a good deal.

then the fool got the estimate for the new engine.....which he could have bought a brand new caddy and an additional beater car to boot.

You can find the prime of his career in that parking lot where he decided to go evil knievel.

Bottom line is that kind of guaranteed money for a guy who is hanging on by a thread with his knee is stupid, you can spin it any way you want to make yourself feel better, but facts are facts.

Also nice try in hiding your stooler colors but they bleed through with your blatant stupidity

The prime of his career remains to be seen, and I think you know that. Trading money in the bank is stupid in my opinion.

Didn't the franchise eat the guaranteed money when they traded him anyway? Awesome business skills. Truly a model for the entire NFL to embrace.

I'm more of a Charger fan, really. Just trying to put it in ways you might understand, guess I was wrong.

How does a 2nd and a 5th rd pick equate to any kind of return on that investment choco? They won't recoup shit, he probably didn't fit Mangini's mold is more like it. Good coaches are like good salesman--they can sell (coach up) anything.

When you're 40 with 3 kids and an ugly ass wife....who happens to make GREAT money, sometimes it's better to just keep pounding that vag that has formed to you than start hitting the bar scene again. VD is rampant these days, you know? You never know what you might come home with come late April.

p.s. This caddy wasn't a dime a dozen, when healthy. More like a Masarati. But those are everywhere, right? Cheap too.

lolz

How does a 2nd and a 5th rd pick equate to any kind of return on that investment choco? They won't recoup shit, he probably didn't fit Mangini's mold is more like it. Good coaches are like good salesman--they can sell anything.

When you're 40 with 3 kids and an ugly ass wife....who happens to make GREAT money, sometimes it's better to just keep pounding that vag that has formed to you than start hitting the bar scene again. VD is rampant these days, you know? You never know what you might come home with come late April.

p.s. This caddy wasn't a dime a dozen, when healthy.

sure, but when that ugly ass wife is demanding to be kept in a penthouse, with diamonds galore, and has a tendency to mouth off about you to other people....then I think the scales just might shift the other direction.

sure, but when that ugly ass wife is demanding to be kept in a penthouse, with diamonds galore, and has a tendency to mouth off about you to other people....then I think the scales just might shift the other direction.

Valid point. But that's when you smack a bitch up.

Most super talents need checked from time to time, Kellen is probably no exception.

Or go get yourself a nice rash from the dirts. An easy decision for most functional organizations. To trade a young, elite-level player who's willing to play his entire career in Cleveland..........you definitely need your head examined.

Why cause we made a business decision to get a return on him while we still can. and were not willing to give him the contract he wanted. Sure that is a funny way of showing it. Had he not been so injured in the past and not been on a short career he would not have went anywhere.

They did break even not totally but they got something for him rather then have him end up demanding more from us, we are not wanting to give, and then we can't get nothing from him cause maybe then no team will give up anything for him cause of the contract he then wants. Or he gets hurt during this season and has to retire or such. point being I wish him well (except for the times he plays us.)

My point is he is damaged goods. And the percentages are greater that he won't last then they are that he will last.

The prime of his career remains to be seen, and I think you know that. Trading money in the bank is stupid in my opinion.

Didn't the franchise eat the guaranteed money when they traded him anyway? Awesome business skills. Truly a model for the entire NFL to embrace.

I'm more of a Charger fan, really. Just trying to put it in ways you might understand, guess I was wrong.

Prime of his career was cut short there is nothing that remains to be seen on that, no matter how good he is he would have been a hell of a lot better before injury. and if you think other wise then you are wearing blinders due to your obvious love of one player!

How does a 2nd and a 5th rd pick equate to any kind of return on that investment choco? They won't recoup shit, he probably didn't fit Mangini's mold is more like it. Good coaches are like good salesman--they can sell (coach up) anything.

p.s. This caddy wasn't a dime a dozen, when healthy. More like a Masarati. But those are everywhere, right? Cheap too.

lolz

a 2nd and 5th is better then nothing. so how does that not equate to value! No one is questioning KW's talent, it is his durability!

now i have to explain economics to you? a second is better than nothing.....its fairly simple.

there seems to be a disconnect here between winslow being elite and winslow having a knee ravaged by surgery and disease.

so you think he's elite.....but thats simply your opinion. we've had the pleasure to watch k2 play for a few years.....many of us think differently.

but your the football guru, right? most important thing is draft value when considering trades? you sound like the kids at brown.com......placing emphasis on shit that doesn't matter.

kellens great for catching passes....and equally as worthless blocking. he's a liability in the run, so when your trying to build a team that can run the ball....as its needed in the AFCN, you're dumb ass should know that you possibly could use a TE that can at least slow down the dominate OLBs in the division. with a bum knee, you think he can leverage anyone?

you seem to be the only one that cares what we paid for him....thats like 5 years ago braniac......BFD! you can't change the past, so dont dwell on it. move forward and dump the baggage before it takes you down with it.

now i have to explain economics to you? a second is better than nothing.....its fairly simple.

there seems to be a disconnect here between winslow being elite and winslow having a knee ravaged by surgery and disease.

so you think he's elite.....but thats simply your opinion. we've had the pleasure to watch k2 play for a few years.....many of us think differently.

but your the football guru, right? most important thing is draft value when considering trades? you sound like the kids at brown.com......placing emphasis on shit that doesn't matter.

kellens great for catching passes....and equally as worthless blocking. he's a liability in the run, so when your trying to build a team that can run the ball....as its needed in the AFCN, you're dumb ass should know that you possibly could use a TE that can at least slow down the dominate OLBs in the division. with a bum knee, you think he can leverage anyone?

you seem to be the only one that cares what we paid for him....thats like 5 years ago braniac......BFD! you can't change the past, so dont dwell on it. move forward and dump the baggage before it takes you down with it.

Yeah, and a 7th rounder is better than nothing too I guess..... :rolleyes:

You would have gotten great production out of him in the two years he had left on his contract. As far as blocking that wasn't his forte--he's a hybrid and your team needs solid hands almost as bad as they need a win in the AFCN. Maybe supply and demand wasn't your strong suit in Econ 101.

It's real easy for this asshat to come in here talking shit in April, anybody want to take a guess what are the odds he shows up around here after week 3 and Winslow is on the IR because he blew his knee out?

Not bloody likely...

I mean, look at you, a guy who came to our message board and took the time to register, go get the email confirmation and come back just to post to say that we made a bad move by trading Winslow? Seriously? That's the scope of the knowledge you wish to share with the board? And not even doing so in a manner that's worthy of anybody taking seriously. You come in here mouthing off like a 16 year old with his parents out of town, with the depth and wit of a 16 year old with down syndrome to boot.

By all means though, keep douching this thread up, you're doing a bang up job as it is...

Great comeback, Peter. Maybe that 4th rounder you got last year will fill Kellen's shoes. LMAO!

11 TD's in 4 years, yeah he's a real game changer :rolleyes:

He was a glorified possession receiver.

Come back next Dec and we'll talk about all the value Winslow added to the Bucs offense.

It's a date. And that's 214 receptions he contributed the past three years you need to make up for, but that'll be easy right? You have who? Hubbard and Steptoe? And can't forget professional practice-squadder Lance Leggett of course.

Yeah, you're playoff bound for sure. Steve Heiden will get the seperation for you. ROFLMAO!

It's a date. And that's 171 receptions in two years you need to make up for, but that'll be easy right? You have who? Hubbard and Steptoe? And can't forget professional practice-squadder Lance Leggett of course.

Yeah, you're playoff bound for sure. Steve Heiden will get the seperation for you. ROFLMAO!

If you think the Browns are playoff bound WITH Winslow this year...you are sipping some pretty high grade kool-aid. The fact is the Browns are going to be lucky to make it to .500 this year. Winslow would be taking another pounding...and in even worse shape than ever going into the next off season...and all the while asking for a new contract.

The fact is, Winslow may be a pretty good player...but he is NOT going to be the difference that gets us to the playoffs over the next 2 years or so...and is only going to decrease in value as teams start worrying more and more about his injury history.

There is also an article on ESPN that talks about the 5 worst moves of this off-season...and guess what....TB is on there for making Winslow what he wanted the Browns to make him....the highest paid TE in history.

So, we get rid of a guy who thinks he is THE BEST...who is effect is a LUXURY for a rebuilding team....get a couple new pieces for him...unload his salary and avoid having to pay him the money he THINKS he deserves.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...that and the fact we got EXACTLY what the Giants got for Shockey...and I am not complaining.

If you think the Browns are playoff bound WITH Winslow this year...you are sipping some pretty high grade kool-aid. The fact is the Browns are going to be lucky to make it to .500 this year. Winslow would be taking another pounding...and in even worse shape than ever going into the next off season...and all the while asking for a new contract.

The fact is, Winslow may be a pretty good player...but he is NOT going to be the difference that gets us to the playoffs over the next 2 years or so...and is only going to decrease in value as teams start worrying more and more about his injury history.

Or maybe he'll make the Pro Bowl again this year.....

The highest paid Tight End in NFL history, that just sounds better every time I hear it.

Mmmmm. This kool-aid is so good. You should try some. Oh, that's right, you can't! You dummies traded his ass!

:mellow::blink::o:wacko::(

The highest paid Tight End in NFL history, that just sounds better every time I hear it.

Mmmmm. This kool-aid is so good. You should try some. Oh, that's right, you can't! You dummies traded his ass!

So what if he does??? It still wouldn't be enough in all likelihood to get the Browns into the playoffs...and would just reinforce his desire to get paid...and would just cause more in-season whining on his part about NOT getting paid....so where would be the benefit?

So it sounds good to over pay for someone who will more likely then not, not live up to his paycheck. He was treated very well here. paid when he could have been cut, and was not asked to give up money that we could have took from him. Great talent, but his body could not back up that talent after the accident. If you think otherwise well then you know little about football or the human body.

HOW much better do you think he would have been had he not gotten hurt? How many more seasons do you think he has left in him? and how many at a high level?

Kool-aid must taste good cause you are drinkiing it by the bucket full.

Damn and I thought LUM had a man crush!

So what if he does??? It still wouldn't be enough in all likelihood to get the Browns into the playoffs...and would just reinforce his desire to get paid...and would just cause more in-season whining on his part about NOT getting paid....so where would be the benefit?

That's a lot of what-ifs.

The benefit would probably be in the 70-80 reception 5 TD range.

C'mon buddy, stop with the sour grapes. I bet if I searched your posts I'd find you used to like the guy. Am I right?

So it sounds good to over pay for someone who will more likely then not, not live up to his paycheck. He was treated very well here. paid when he could have been cut, and was not asked to give up money that we could have took from him. Great talent, but his body could not back up that talent after the accident. If you think otherwise well then you know little about football or the human body.
It's more like the previous regime valued his value. And this one would rather invest their time starting from scratch, I guess. Looks lazy to me.

HOW much better do you think he would have been had he not gotten hurt? How many more seasons do you think he has left in him? and how many at a high level?

K2 might be the best receiving TE in the entire NFL this year. And if he's totally healthy, in all likelihood he will be.

All that matters here is your organization could have had two of those years. Suckers.

It's more like the previous regime valued his value. And this one would rather invest their time starting from scratch, I guess. Looks lazy to me.

K2 might be the best receiving TE in the entire NFL this year. And if he's totally healthy, in all likelihood he will be.

All that matters here is your organization could have had two of those years. Suckers.

Dude, you have just as many what-ifs in your arguments in favor of your lover as any Browns fan has for this being a good deal on Mankok's part. Its a very BIG IF about Winslow staying healthy all season. Even if he does, and he was here, his play alone is not going to make the Browns a playoff team, and that is the point most are trying to get into your thick head. Whether you want to face facts or not, his accident and subsequent surgeries and bouts with staph have left his knees in questionable shape, especially when it comes to lasting an entire season. On top of it, he can be a distraction with his mouth and his contract demands. Lets not forget, the dude just cannot run-block to save his own mama. That is important in the cold, windy months.

He may very well thrive down in Tampa. Its a completely different situation. You can't equate Nov-Dec in Tampa to the same months in Ohio. I hope KWII does have a great season with the Bucs. But that does not mean he would have that same kind of season in Cleveland.

holy hell.

leave for a couple days and they come out of the woodwork.

I thought you were ignoring me? :wub: Ready to defect and start learning how a real team operates, boi? You guys won't have anything left before they're done with that roster. Better start getting your top-5 pick ready for next year! Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you have just as many what-ifs in your arguments in favor of your lover as any Browns fan has for this being a good deal on Mankok's part. Its a very BIG IF about Winslow staying healthy all season. Even if he does, and he was here, his play alone is not going to make the Browns a playoff team, and that is the point most are trying to get into your thick head. Whether you want to face facts or not, his accident and subsequent surgeries and bouts with staph have left his knees in questionable shape, especially when it comes to lasting an entire season. On top of it, he can be a distraction with his mouth and his contract demands. Lets not forget, the dude just cannot run-block to save his own mama. That is important in the cold, windy months.

He may very well thrive down in Tampa. Its a completely different situation. You can't equate Nov-Dec in Tampa to the same months in Ohio. I hope KWII does have a great season with the Bucs. But that does not mean he would have that same kind of season in Cleveland.

20M guaranteed says he's doing just fine. He'd be a huge asset to ANY team, including the Browns. I get that you guys weigh it out and want to justify his trade, but bottom line is you were better off with him.

So he pushed for an extension--big deal! He wasn't a cancer in the locker room by any stretch. In fact he was more like a leader, especially on the field. He has matured a lot and could have potentially been one of Mangini's key go-to locker room guys. OOPS!!!!!

20M guaranteed says he's doing just fine. He'd be a huge asset to ANY team, including the Browns. I get that you guys weigh it out and want to justify his trade, but bottom line is you were better off with him. So he pushed for an extension, big deal. He wasn't a cancer in the locker room by any stretch. In fact, he was more of a leader, especially on the field. He has matured a lot and could have potentially been one of Mangini's key go-to locker room guys. OOPS!!!!!

Sure thing dude, like you know how mature the guy is in the locker room. That's why he got suspended last year for a game because his massive ego got bruised that Phil didn't call him at the hospital. 20M guaranteed doesn't mean shit. Teams hand out guaranteed money all the time to guys that end up not cutting it any longer. Again, he may very well thrive in Tampa, but that situation is completely irrelevant to Cleveland. Different weather, different offense, different needs of the team. It may very well prove to be a good move for both teams. You just don't get it that you can't compare the teams and think KWII would have the same impact on both.

Archived