THE BROWNS BOARD

Winslow now highest-paid tight end in NFL history.

flipflop

Sure thing dude, like you know how mature the guy is in the locker room. That's why he got suspended last year for a game because his massive ego got bruised that Phil didn't call him at the hospital. 20M guaranteed doesn't mean shit. Teams hand out guaranteed money all the time to guys that end up not cutting it any longer. Again, he may very well thrive in Tampa, but that situation is completely irrelevant to Cleveland. Different weather, different offense, different needs of the team. It may very well prove to be a good move for both teams. You just don't get it that you can't compare the teams and think KWII would have the same impact on both.

He was suspended by Phil for talking about the staph while Phil was trying to cover it up, a suspension Lerner personally rescinded and apologized to him for.

20M in contract incentives doesn't mean much, but when it's guaranteed it does.

I just don't see a viable option to replace him in Cleveland, especially not right away. A 2nd round pick won't give you his production this year.

Not to mention the orange/brown combo is a lot better than red/gray. So I'm salty about that too and need to take it out on somebody. Your colors look sharp.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's more like the previous regime valued his value. And this one would rather invest their time starting from scratch, I guess. Looks lazy to me.

K2 might be the best receiving TE in the entire NFL this year. And if he's totally healthy, in all likelihood he will be.

All that matters here is your organization could have had two of those years. Suckers.

And you could have had him for two years too, at the old contract fact is Tampa did not have to give him that contract and was dumb to do it at least until after this year is over.

He is the best receiving TE, but it is the whole package that hurts him, he can't block as well as he should cause of the bum knee, and being that he can't run block as well he does present a bit of a tell tell. (although that is not a huge deal) his achelies heal is the fact of that his career is cut short. If you don't think that his career was cut short and his abilities cut short then you are fooling yourself.

20M guaranteed says he's doing just fine. He'd be a huge asset to ANY team, including the Browns. I get that you guys weigh it out and want to justify his trade, but bottom line is you were better off with him.

So he pushed for an extension--big deal! He wasn't a cancer in the locker room by any stretch. In fact he was more like a leader, especially on the field. He has matured a lot and could have potentially been one of Mangini's key go-to locker room guys. OOPS!!!!!

for 20M guaranteed no matter if my knee falls off half way through or not I would be doing great too. And I wish him the best. Did we say he was a cancer. No it was a business decision.

Stop with the man love. He is on the Bucs now. go bug them. you offer nothing here.

That's a lot of what-ifs.

The benefit would probably be in the 70-80 reception 5 TD range.

C'mon buddy, stop with the sour grapes. I bet if I searched your posts I'd find you used to like the guy. Am I right?

You have to SUBTRACT the catches and TD's that our current TE's would get to ascertain the BENEFIT of having him...then you have to figure in the BLOCKS they would get that HE wouldn't.

So, catch wise he is worth 20-30 extra catches by a TE, and maybe 1-2 TD's.....and he is likely to cost us 20-30 blocks that he would not be able to maintain due to his knees....then add on the fact that teams KNOW he can't block so they can scheme to rush the side that he is lined up on and you pretty much come out with a very minimal gain on an average team.

Sure, I like him. And I agree is a good player...and among the best when it comes to receiving from the TE position...but his limited ability to block...and the strong pass rushes we face in the AFC North...limit his effectiveness. He will be a nice fit in the warm weather of TB...but here is as much a liability in pass blocking as he is a weapon in receiving....definitely not worth 5x what we are going to pay 3 other TE's.

Who do you think will have the better year--Royals, Heiden, or Rucker?

I think that's a pretty tough question actually, knowing what I know about the Browns. I'm going to guess Heiden, because he's a Cleveland guy with hands and the re-rookie can lean his way a bit.

Then again Robert Royals may have some systemic knowledge Mangini and Daboll might employ. Should be interesting.

Keleen you are avoiding the question that I asked you earlier!

HOW much better do you think he would have been had he not gotten hurt? How many more seasons do you think he has left in him? and how many at a high level?

Keleen you are avoiding the question that I asked you earlier!

lol That's funny because it's actually Collen.

HOW much better do you think he would have been had he not gotten hurt? How many more seasons do you think he has left in him? and how many at a high level?

Well only the best ever. I'd say 5 years, 4 strong.

lol That's funny because it's actually Collen.

wow I misspelled it oo well.

you really think 5 years 4 of them strong. I hope he does, and if he does that, I still won't be mad. Why a bird in the hand is better then two in the bush!

I see your alter ego keeps following you around giving you thanks.

(sorry but making a second name to give yourself thanks is lame, and sorry you can deny it but considering that you have 10 thanks and at least 9 of those are from the same person is more then a coincidence)

you really think 5 years 4 of them strong. I hope he does, and if he does that, I still won't be mad. Why a bird in the hand is better then two in the bush!

It could be argued Kellen was the bird in the hand, and the 2009 2nd and 2010 5th are the two in the bush!!

I see your alter ego keeps following you around giving you thanks.

I saw that too, sorry--not me. :blush: Guess they like the entertainment you guys provide. :P

Scratch one guest :ph34r: , add one member B) !

Guess they like the entertainment you guys provide. :P

the only entertainment that is offered is seeing you get railed in the ass by kellen. it's entertaining because we have never seen a guy take it in the ass and have such a huge smile on his face. get a life homer j simpson... ahem, i mean kellen.

p.s. come back when you hit puberty.

• 3 months later...
Kellen Winslow revealed that he needed fluid drained from his testicles after catching a staph infection last season.

"My testicles were enlarged, to the point where it hurt to walk," Winslow said. The incident led to a severe falling out with the Browns, and Winslow passed the staph infection to his wife Janelle, who also needed to be hospitalized. "I had to clean it every day with a Q-Tip, for two and a half weeks," Winslow added. "It was the most painful thing I've ever been through."

Ouch.

Good going Cleveland Clinic.

via here.

he was absolutely right to get the hump with the team last season. Being asked to hush this up whilst at the same time rumours about you goin round having AIDS and testicular cancer. I would have got the hump big time. Good luck in Tampa K2, I'm not a hater.

Guest ATENEARS

Maybe this year will be the year K2 catches a TD in the later months of the season ... I don't know if he is just not a cold weather player, or if he just can't last through an entire season without blowing-out, but he needed to go.

Guest Aloysius

Yep, he needed to go:

During the controversy over his suspension, Wickersham wrote that Winslow confronted his teammates in a players-only meeting about why they didn't stick up for him on the staph issue.

"I was real disappointed when no one came to my defense," Winslow told Wickersham. "They don't want to get suspended or have conduct detrimental to the team, but you've gotta be a man sometimes."

Wickersham wrote that he contacted several former Browns employees on why no one defended Winslow. Wickersham said those conversations revealed hard feelings over Winslow treating the trainers like he was their only patient, jeopardizing his damaged knee from a 2005 motorcycle accident by playing basketball in the off-season and his lewd locker room remarks. The article also said Winslow got into "an altercation with a friend last summer, which the team kept private to protect him." Winslow also alienated teammates and staffers with his demand for a new contract.

Archived