THE BROWNS BOARD

He's As Much of a Scientist as I Am

MLD Woody

Well most of what we talk about on here are social issues. When the options are "let gays get married" or "don't let gays get married"... It seems pretty obvious.

Also: "Agree with climate experts on the climate" or "disagree"

I'm against affirmative action (outside of some for financial status in college apps) and I really don't want to vote for Hillary. I understand there is a lot of waste in govt and that it needs to be changed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's always a self-serving free stuff for liberals.

"I'm against affirmative action (outside of some for financial status in college apps) " woodypeckerhead

on principle, affirmative action is wrong. Reverse discrimination and discrimination is wrong.

but it's okay when libs want it to be... as in, their own self interest.

Murder is wrong. Capital punishment, very, very wrong. But in their own liberal self-interest,

murdering unborn and born children is just fine.

Al Gore talked about having to make sacrifices because of mmgw. haha. see Al Gore have big jets to

fly around the world and a big giant house that uses way too much energy and see Al
Gore talk about carbon credits to save us, see Al Gore INVEST hugely in carbon credits....

it goes on and on. Liberals don't get it. If they could, they wouldn't.

I'm pro death penalty but this constant narrative equating capital punishment with abortion is so intellectually low rent. It's the most base and crass of arguments. And it's based on the same tired old narrative that liberals just want to kill babies....any baby will do. Pregnant woman walking down the st why the fuck haven't you been to PP bitch?

Some of the most basic understanding of the human condition absolutely eludes many conservatives. The opinion we should abide by a woman's choice to do with herself what she feels is necessary gets renditioned out to deep left field where everybody wants babies terminated on the spot. Like there should be an abortion can that rolls around cities plucking pregnant women off the street for onsite abortions.

Some of u are barely functional. Only a rudimentary resemblance to a thinking human. You can hold pro life views while still retaining that essence that separates us from the common monkey.

"I'm against affirmative action (outside of some for financial status in college apps) " woodypeckerhead

on principle, affirmative action is wrong. Reverse discrimination and discrimination is wrong.

Murder is wrong. Capital punishment, very, very wrong. But in their own liberal self-interest,

Al Gore talked about having to make sacrifices because of mmgw. haha. see Al Gore have big jets to

fly around the world and a big giant house that uses way too much energy and see Al

Gore talk about carbon credits to save us, see Al Gore INVEST hugely in carbon credits....

Al gore is not the face of gw despite the rights insistence to the contrary

he was. we heard it all the freakin time. he's still around. He's a fool, that's why the left

wants to ignore his foolish and fraudulent claims.

“Al Gore was the perfect proponent and leader of the global warming alarmists because ... The earth is warming due to manmade greenhousw gas pollution.

1. Jan 26, 2016 ... Time runs out on Al Gore's global-warming Armageddon ... With such a massively complex system like the climate, nearly any explanation can be made; it's like ... as a "STRAW MAN", Rothchilds are behind the whole Global Warming oop's .... Stick this in thefaces of the phonies that have perpetuated it and ...

2. Aug 12, 2014 ... According to the man-made global-cooling theories of the time, billions of ... could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is .... In 2007, 2008, and 2009, Al Gore, the high priest for a movement ...

I see nothing wrong with some financial based AA in college apps

Calling it reverse discrimination is in itself kind of discrimination

I never said I was against the death penalty.

Killing a man isn't aborting a fetus

Al Gore isn't driving the real climate change talks. Science and data are

And it seems Woody Miss understands what affirmative action is. Affirmative action is letting a stupider kid in a head of a smarter kid. You're talking about financial aid Which goes on each and every day probably to the tune of billions of dollars.

WSS

I'm not talking about financial aid. I'm talking about AA based on economic status. Bright kids from crappy schools aren't going to have access to the higher level courses I did in high school. I don't think that should necessarily be held against them. Of course, they still need to show that they'd be qualified

I'm not talking about financial aid. I'm talking about AA based on economic status. Bright kids from crappy schools aren't going to have access to the higher level courses I did in high school. I don't think that should necessarily be held against them. Of course, they still need to show that they'd be qualified

So stupid kids get extra points. Got it.

WSS

Again, not what I'm saying.

Really?

So assuming there is a particular standard a student needs to achieve before being admitted into the University that standard should be lowered if the student in question comes from a poor neighborhood or went to an underachieving Public School? What am I misunderstanding?

Or points should be deducted for students that went to a middle or upper-middle-class school?

WSS

Applicants are looked at based on how impressive their application is. Extracurricular, GPA, etc. One very important consideration for top schools is course rigor. I don't think it should be strongly held against a student because they didn't have access to these courses. This is one example where economic status could affect the applicant.

If you come up in crappy conditions, seek out all of the additionally learning you can, and you still outperform I think you deserve a shot.

The toughest part would be the student adjusting to college academics from where they left off.

Archived