THE BROWNS BOARD

Prince... Dead at the age of 57...

Other than his songs typically played on the radio and the hot babes in his circa 1980's MTV videos, I didn't know much about the breath and depth of his music. From what I read, however, he was an extremely talented individual.

We never mentioned him during our Icon threads - maybe we did - but when ABC Radio leads their top-of-the-hour news with his death, I guess this gives him a seat at the table.

Don't have to be rich to be my girl.

Don't have to be cool to rule my world.

Seriously, everyone I grew up with is starting to die. Whats worse, I don't see the next generation of talent behind these greats.

If they're somewhere to be found, its buried a mile deep under the trash that has become mainstream music.

Bowie hurt, but at least he was older than me.

From what I understand he was a multi-instrumentalist, having played every instrument on an album or two

I think the total was around 24.

Penned something around a dozen MTV era "standards". Some sweet, some raw, some inventive as hell.

I about wore out "Kiss" when I bought the LP... it's simplicity just grabbed me by the ears...

This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

I actually didn't think he was that old. I thought more like 47.

Prince
Biography

Prince Rogers Nelson, known by the mononym Prince, was an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor.Wikipedia
Born: June 7, 1958, Minneapolis, MN
Died: April 21, 2016, Chanhassen, MN
Spouse: Manuela Testolini (m. 2001–2006), Mayte Garcia (m. 1996–2000)

I'd be more surprised if it were an overdose. He surely didn't seem like a heroin guy.

Except I had heard that he had suffered some type of hip or leg injury...and he was treating it with opiate pain killers, and those may have gotten ahold of him and did him in. Autopsy being done today I believe.

A great loss to the music community at large and fans alike. No matter what your style is and what not. You have to respect the body of work that is evident. Prince kicked ass. He definitly had his own sound RIP.

Whats worse, I don't see the next generation of talent behind these greats.

If they're somewhere to be found, its buried a mile deep under the trash that has become mainstream music.

Well said Tia, "Maybe they just like their mother. They never satisfied." RIP Prince..

Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

[/quot.

I hate Floyd Rose systems.. Leo Fender got it right the first time.. its all about setup man.

I hate Floyd Rose systems.. Leo Fender got it right the first time.. its all about setup man.

I like them Kaylaher made a good one as well. When I wasa kid I bought a Kramer with a FR. The guy at the music store had me scared to death to change my strings, turns out I could do it myself just fine. As I got older I didn't care so much about tremolo systems; just an expensive phase I guess.

Archived