THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler

PoeticG

i love the fact that EVERYONE thinks that hue jackson 'everyone's self-anointed QB whisperer' will have the time to mentor anyone. are u all idiots? pettine was a defensive coach. did he have time to mentor the defense?

uh NO! that's why HEAD fucking coaches hire ASSISTANT fucking coaches! so while everyone thinks that hue jackson is going to be holding kessler's BIG HUGE hands (wow, they are the size of andre the giant's hands for christ's sake!) he won't be!!!! it'll be pep fucking hamilton!! that's right PEP FUCKING HAMILTON!!! who's bio:

Hamilton spent 2013-14 and the first eight weeks of the 2015 season as the offensive coordinator for the Colts. In his two full seasons as coordinator, Indianapolis won two AFC South division titles and went 11-5 each year. In 2014, the Colts led the NFL with a franchise record 4,894 passing yards. He worked with quarterback Andrew Luck, who led the NFL with 40 passing touchdowns in 2014. Prior to joining the Colts, Hamilton spent three seasons (2010-12) at Stanford, serving as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach the final two years. He worked closely with Luck, who was a two-time Heisman Trophy finalist. Hamilton served as the quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears from 2007-09. He worked with Jay Cutler, who set single-season franchise records for completions (336) and passing attempts (555) in 2009. Hamilton was an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach with San Francisco in 2006, where Alex Smith became the first quarterback in team history to take every offensive snap during an entire season. Prior to San Francisco, Hamilton spent three seasons with the New York Jets as offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach (2004-05) and offensive quality control coach (2003). He spent one season as the pro personnel intern for the Baltimore Ravens in 2002. Hamilton also interned with the Washington Redskins (2001) and Kansas City Chiefs (2000). He began his coaching career at his alma mater, Howard University, where he served as quarterbacks coach from 1997-2001.
includes working with andrew luck (who led the league i believe in turnovers last year) in indy and at stanford and before that he worked with JAY FUCKING CUTLER!!!!
those who believe that a head coach has the time to invest in a 3rd round QB to make him into something he's not are bug-eyed fucking crazy. and even if he did what would he become, a decent smaller version of andy dalton? well if that's what you guys strive for in your team's franchise leader...........
pffffffttt!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, everybody knows that, but it's easier to just refer to Hue Jackson, the HC.

Ya, Hamilton will be working specifically, but you can bet Hue picked his assistants, so there ya go.

...been awful grouchy for a while Mik. Cabin fever? Spring is HERE ! :)

Kessler is going to be the best qb in this draft when its all said and done... not necessarily because of Hue, but because he is the best qb in the draft. That's jmo

Only 757 pages until the Kessler thread catches up to the Johnny mega-thread.

Do we have a name for his groupies yet? Kessler Kocksuckers?

Do we have a groupie yet?

BFR is a believer.

Zombo

...been awful grouchy for a while Mik. Cabin fever? Spring is HERE ! :)

HA! yeah pretty much. spring is usually one of my fave seasons but this weather will have anyone wishing for london in february.

They call him the new Kosar. Colder than refrigerated coleslaw Kessler. Condensation collectin next to a warm can of Natty ice on the dresser - when in Atlanta he makes them bitches wear sweaters.... his receiver pick up the YAC that go with his ACC forever.

Colleen Crowley was a psycho and Johnny is a kardashian now WSS. But Johnny is behind us.

Fuck it if Mccown mentors kessler i'm all for it. Either he'll be clutch like tom brady or mediocre like Mccoy but he wasn't that high of a risk. Let's throw RG3 to the wolves!

Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

I don't expect Wentz to win the starting job, but if he does, get ready for fireworks. I believe we play none other than the Eagles on week ONE. If Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles, and he beats us week 1...Hue won't be off to a good start, and the second guessing will be in FULL EFFECT. Think about that for a minute. It's the season opener, so obviously the Browns will lose, but let's hope it's not against the QB we didn't draft. Again.

I heard Hue say that he followed Kessler's career. His choice is

seriously well-backed up with observation over years' time.

I didn't even research Kessler at all for the mock draft stuff, and Hue has been watching him

during his career.

Hue Gotta Believe ! (thanks again, for the shirt, CM)

Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

That's like not trusting your surgeon because he hasn't operated on you before.

Kessler is going to be the best qb in this draft when its all said and done... not necessarily because of Hue, but because he is the best qb in the draft. That's jmo

I hope so....and it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Look how many QBs were taken before Russell Wilson...also a 3rd rounder.

You never know.

I don't expect Wentz to win the starting job, but if he does, get ready for fireworks. I believe we play none other than the Eagles on week ONE. If Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles, and he beats us week 1...Hue won't be off to a good start, and the second guessing will be in FULL EFFECT. Think about that for a minute. It's the season opener, so obviously the Browns will lose, but let's hope it's not against the QB we didn't draft. Again.

The Browns could lose to the Eagles that week, and maybe Wentz could beat them....but he wouldn't be the reason why. There are 21 other starters on offense and defense that would contribute to the end result of that game.

I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

Aussie or not that's spot on...

I saw one QB in this draft that threw with anticipation... so did the Rams. But then I did not even look Kessler's way.

If you haven't read this article or that article yet... Get to it. You'll learn something.

Short version:

1) Kessler's velocity is dead-square-equal-the same as Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco. Who threw 1mph faster? Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota.

2) All those things you wish a Browns QB would do on any play, including progression/accuracy/avoid the rush? Read that link and watch the clips, Kessler already does them.

And Kessler has ginormous hands, 10 7'8

If you haven't read this article or that article yet... Get to it. You'll learn something.

Short version:

1) Kessler's velocity is dead-square-equal-the same as Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco. Who threw 1mph faster? Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota.

2) All those things you wish a Browns QB would do on any play, including progression/accuracy/avoid the rush? Read that link and watch the clips, Kessler already does them.

And Kessler has ginormous hands, 10 7'8

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG III did as a rookie, and for some part, what he did in his second season. I don't hear people talking about RG III's accuracy, which as we know, is something Hue Jackson places a heavy importance on.

Kessler won't "wow" anybody throwing the ball, but if he is truly has the skill set that Hue says he has, it will be interesting to see him play in the preseason. Can he make the pre-snap reads? Does he have enough speed to elude the rush? Can he hit our WR's in stride? I don't need to see him "blow up" in the preseason or anything, but I do want to see some of what he is known for. I want to see him take care of the ball, get the ball out quickly, and display that pinpoint accuracy. I very seriously doubt Kessler has any chance to beat out RG III, or even McCown for that matter, but he's not supposed to. He's supposed to come in a learn at first, and hopefully we don't need him.

My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown? McCown isn't the "be all, end all" talent or anything, but it's not like he's awful. He barely had a running game and had the three stooges for WR's, and the guy STILL found a way to keep us in some ball games. He's also tough as nails, and people like the guy. In some ways, I'd love to see McCown get traded to the Broncos so he has a chance to play for a terrific defense, and our QB competition isn't as murky. I can see it now, and I don't like it: "McCown and RG III look about dead even, so who will start?!" I see this being the storyline of our team ALL YEAR. RG III has two bad games and then gets yanked. McCown comes in and loses a few games. We go back to RG III and it...

I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown?

Not all "competitions" are created equal.

Kessler is 6'1" 225lbs...much thicker/wider than expected. i think his arm will get stronger over time while he hopefully keeps his accuracy. hoping his body is dense enough that he may actually be able to take the AFCN's punishment.

I think it is just good for us that we have three QBs that are talked about for competition as the Brown's starter. I don't think Kessler will be ready by the start of this season; but, I guess you never know for sure. Having RG III and McCown as our first and second string (if they can prove themselves to Hue) is not a bad thing to me. I mean, when is the last time one of our QBs made it through a whole season without getting injured and our backup had to start at least a few games. I think, best case scenario, having RG III and McCown as first and second with Kessler or whoever beats him out as our third stringer is a good start to improving this team.

Archived