THE BROWNS BOARD

Seth DeValve?

Dr.Footwear

Can always "wing" in a 3TE or 6OL set...

don't confuse are non vision running backs. were sticking with the old up the middle with Matthews we hope

Seth actually caught my eye when I watched Cole Toner tape. Our new TE played WR for Princeton. He gave Yale fits.

At his pro day he posted a 1.54 10-yd split in his 40... which was a 4.68. Folks... that ain't bad.

I'm down with this "reach"...

Here's his full pro day info:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1005902&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE

i was skeptical of the "WR" distinction, but as you stated HE REALLY DID. and not just a possession guy this dude was their "X" receiver (!). he lined up all OVER the field...TE, on the line, slot--he even ran the ball outta the backfield. that exp and versatility will be a cool weapon for Hue.

seems like a solid and eager blocker with soft sure hands, power, and athleticism. i'd bet he has a high football IQ as well.

i think we got a "Ben Watson except in the 4th round...and i'll dare to say I think Seth has an even higher ceiling than Ben. why not? :)

Telfort and Bibbs are GONZO.

I could care less about his ability to block right now. What I care about is his ability to line up on the outside of the field and whether or not he can elevate to snatch the ball away from defenders. THAT'S what I want, and that's what we DON'T have. I want someone we can throw the jumpball to, and while Devalve isn't a tremendously tall individual, he can obviously jump out of the gym (especially for a white dude, lol).

The blocking will come. He's fast and god-awful strong...the blocking will come.

I could care less about his ability to block right now.

The collective blocking fails of our TEs in 2015 was mind numbing...

If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.

Very interesting. I know a lot of us have given our OL shit for not getting the job done.....yet while having 4 potential Pro Bowl caliber players on that line. (I am talking last year with JT/Bito/Mack/Greco/Schwartz)).

But this says it was not the OLs failures that caused a porous offense....it was the TEs, WR, RBs and QBs at fault.

So, the question is: will these new players, Devalve and the WRs do a much better job in blocking....run and pass, or will they be just more suckage to endure?

Is Devalve a manchild at blocking....or just a pass catcher (as they say Barnidge is)?

What does it tell you that all our Harvard guys would take a TE out of Princeton.....when there was a Harvard TE touted to be drafted? Ben Braunecker. Who went undrafted.

Well considering I could not find this player in either CBS or Drafttek boards anywhere, I'd say the true Retard were from Harvard for picking a guy we could have had as a UFA. :lol:

Totally wasted pick and you may as well throw in the Auburn receiver too, a shorter version of Mayle the dropsy champ.

Very interesting. I know a lot of us have given our OL shit for not getting the job done.....yet while having 4 potential Pro Bowl caliber players on that line. (I am talking last year with JT/Bito/Mack/Greco/Schwartz)).

But this says it was not the OLs failures that caused a porous offense....it was the TEs, WR, RBs and QBs at fault.

So, the question is: will these new players, Devalve and the WRs do a much better job in blocking....run and pass, or will they be just more suckage to endure?

Is Devalve a manchild at blocking....or just a pass catcher (as they say Barnidge is)?

Shanney's ZBS's were tried to be carried on by a OL, with no OL coach & De Flippo that had no plan on how to use it. OL coach is Hal Hunter from Colts (yuk). Greg Seamon from BENGALS is TE coach. Hue, Pep & Al Saunders will be in something similar that worked for Eifert & their other TE's. you would think?

Ya have to admire this pick - this kid was off everybody's ? radar.

He even thought maybe he'd be an UDFA. Any/every football player

who plays hard, gets banged up.

Impressive kid as a person, too.

Thanks Cal! Wow! I see why the FO likes this horse they're betting on...

Yep, I suspect they bet on Shagaf to win the Kentucky Derby too (last place as a did not finish). :P

Remember Vince Mayle was Josh Gordon 2.0 last year around here.

hey! :angry: i resemble that statement.

that said, i think Devalve is my dark horse pick of the group over Higgins now (this week). i can't wait for camp...

Yep, I suspect they bet on Shagaf to win the Kentucky Derby too (last place as a did not finish). :P

i never mind paying for something that's worth it. in fact, i actually prefer to. hopefully Seth, Cody, Scoob and others can return the honor of being drafted with good to great play culminating with a championship.

LOL! Alright Mr Me-Aggies - I'm on a mission to get you back to a better place about this team.

hey! :angry: i resemble that statement.

that said, i think Devalve is my dark horse pick of the group over Higgins now (this week). i can't wait for camp...

Yeah, me too on the Mayle man. Looks like we were guilty of wishful thinking.

I really enjoyed what they added to our Wr position this draft. We'll have a lot of fun stuff to talk about...

Yeah, me too on the Mayle man. Looks like we were guilty of wishful thinking.

I really enjoyed what they added to our Wr position this draft. We'll have a lot of fun stuff to talk about...

I look forward to it Flugel. :-)

and didn't I see Dallas pick Mahle up at one point? i think they did, i remember smiling. admit i also smiled a [Greg] Little" when Cincy picked up that guy, though not as big as when Indy gave us a 1st for Tr3nt. B)

LOL! Alright Mr Me-Aggies - I'm on a mission to get you back to a better place about this team.

Only one thing brings me back flugs, what they do on the field. Now I expect no miracles, but I do expect the 2nd half of the season to look far better than the first half as the new players adjust to being pros. And I do have more faith in the long term plan if at some point they determine it is also important to add the big hitters to the moneyball players. Can't win without those extra special players that unite all the minions both sides of the ball.

This guy looks the part for sure..... Hopefully given some time he will be able to play as good too.

Archived