THE BROWNS BOARD

Real life Drama

One Post

Check this out I have my grand kid for the evening. I hijacked him from his mama (ex daughter in law) and she wants him up bright and early to catch the gay parade in the city. He's not going she doesn't know yet.

Ok if you're gay why flaunt it? Just not caring if someone is gay isn't enough anymore.

I read my post I must clarify my wife and I had plans to keep him for the night. Watching movies, pizza etc...

Then I get a phone call he's going...which he's not now to the gay parade. It's silly.

How old is your grandchild, if you don't mind me asking? While I generally support gay rights, I would be hesitant to take a young child to a GPP; young children do not yet possess the capacity to understand what a GPP is, nor do they have the ability make the decision on whether or not they want to go. It would possibly be different if your grandchild was in his mid to late teens, per se, because then they would be old enough to have made the decision to want to go see it or not.

Grandkid? Wit? Just how old are u? And no im as gay friendly as anybody but no kid needs to be going to pride parade. I draw the line there. Those parades are an extra serving of fgtry that i find intolerable and my inner voice tells me i would feel no different if i was some arm greasing popper huffing dungeon mask wearing power sodomite. If tje kid was some kind of advanced early blooming savant fairy who can do advancef calculus by 5 and detail past lives to you by 7......then ok he's probably got a better handle on shit than most of us. Otherwise what on earth is his morher thinking exposing him to one of lifes most surreal carpet rides? Most kids would take a week to process just 10 minutes of that ocular fuckery

Cleve. I'm 49. My oldest grand kid is 12.

His name is Xander. He says he doesn't want to go. His mother insist that he does, otherwise I wouldn't step in but I'm only his grandpa. You see I married my wife when she already had 3 the last two are mine. Xander is a product of the oldest step kid.

No the parents aren't gay she works and socializes in the city and works for the big brothers big sisters association.

I have no problem if he wants to go. I talked to Xander's mama and she says it's for equal rights. I said well if he doesn't want to go that's about as equal as it gets. I had some things to do today so it looks like I have a side kick today. Peace out

Cleve. I'm 49. My oldest grand kid is 12.

His name is Xander. He says he doesn't want to go. His mother insist that he does, otherwise I wouldn't step in but I'm only his grandpa. You see I married my wife when she already had 3 the last two are mine. Xander is a product of the oldest step kid.

No the parents aren't gay she works and socializes in the city and works for the big brothers big sisters association.

I felt the same way about church. I haaaate the idea of forcing kids to go to things because it "builds character." If you want to tell them about it, fine. If they want to go on their own, fine. But if you're going to push an agenda they don't care about, I can't think of a quicker way to turn them off to an idea.

I felt the same way about church. I haaaate the idea of forcing kids to go to things because it "builds character." If you want to tell them about it, fine. If they want to go on their own, fine. But if you're going to push an agenda they don't care about, I can't think of a quicker way to turn them off to an idea.

Yeah I don't think mom realizes that it would likely make jr hate or at least be put off by gay people. Don't force kids to attend stuff. Church was a chore when I was a kid.

I used to play Key West fairly often and there was a gay pride parade just about every trip I made there.

I'm not a prude and after a big chunk of my life playing in a rock and roll band I have seen my share of outrageous shit, but I wouldn't say this is a good place for a little kid.

WSS

I'm confused as to why the parents want the kid there, and if it's such a big deal why they aren't taking him themselves. Have you actually tried speaking to them about it?

Also, what happened in the end?

I'm confused as to why the parents want the kid there, and if it's such a big deal why they aren't taking him themselves. Have you actually tried speaking to them about it?

Also, what happened in the end?

He didn't want to go. It's the mom that wanted him there with her. She told me she had to work at the parade? She works for Big Brothers and Big Sisters foundation. She just thought he would enjoy the kid stuff they had there.

You must be a little in the dark can't blame you I didn't post it all. The dad was at work himself. Anyway Xan Man stuck with me everything is cool.

Fuck the whole 'being 12' thing - I'll go to D&B's as well.

For sure. When the niece and nephew are in town im like i guess ill take u guys to d&b's, maybe drink a beer or something. Thats of course all an act infront of the family lest they think 38 yr old man gets pumped for round after round of mario kart actively seeking to destroy all the children he's playing with. Because thats ridiculous what kind of grown man......?

How old is your grandchild, if you don't mind me asking? While I generally support gay rights, I would be hesitant to take a young child to a GPP; young children do not yet possess the capacity to understand what a GPP is, nor do they have the ability make the decision on whether or not they want to go. It would possibly be different if your grandchild was in his mid to late teens, per se, because then they would be old enough to have made the decision to want to go see it or not.

Stuart

What "rights" are you talking about? These parades are not about rights. They are about flaunting.

Check this out I have my grand kid for the evening. I hijacked him from his mama (ex daughter in law) and she wants him up bright and early to catch the gay parade in the city. He's not going she doesn't know yet.

Ok if you're gay why flaunt it? Just not caring if someone is gay isn't enough anymore.

I read my post I must clarify my wife and I had plans to keep him for the night. Watching movies, pizza etc...

Then I get a phone call he's going...which he's not now to the gay parade. It's silly.

Stuart

That's an easy question to answer. The more they flaunt it, the more the public becomes attracted to it and the more society accepts it.

Similar to the adage "The more a lie is repeated, the more it is accepted as truth".

Gay parades are meant to transform rational people and people with moral decency to accept homosexuality as mainstream, normal, healthy and beautiful.

And its working.

Tolerance has gone way too far - on that I agree.

I have no problem with anybody as long as they don't bother me - ciswhite male, purple hair fatties, dykes, gays, blacks, scientologists, whatever.

The only people I have a problem with are the ones who preach "muh white privilege, pay reparations, muh wage gap"

Archived