THE BROWNS BOARD

No christian extremism to see here....

Clevfan4life

Yeah some christians are doing and saying some wacky shit. Some of it is even terroristic. But when you can find 100,000 cases of it like I can with islam right now let's revisit this thread. Most christian terrorism you're going to find is in africa, by the way, that old cradle of light and civilization.

I'd like to see 100,000 examples.

But at least you acknowledged shit is going down in Africa. But they aren't "real Christians" anyway, right?

It's almost like the correlation here is with the environment, not so much the religion.

No, no you wouldn't because that would be horrific. You'd like to see zero examples from any group, but that isn't happening. There's extreme views in the US, the UK, the middle east, africa, pretty much everywhere in the world there are people with fucked up views. Some places make it easier to get away with those views, while some make it possible to rule by them. Some religions, like it or not, lend themselves to being interpreted in extremist ways more than others - islam more than christianity, both a hell of a lot more than buddhism for example.

So can we stop the pathetic point scoring about which religion is worse and agree that neither the people praising gays being killed, nor the people actually doing the killing, have a place in modern society?

the real christian is a person who forgives a wrong doing even at his or her own expense

smears are usually broad brush attempts to ... well everyone knows that this is what the OP is all about....

Im not smearing anything, im reminding you christians that ur not all that far removed from your old testament brothers. I know its a completely useless attemp at possibly getting you guys to re examine your own history and origins so perhaps you would better understand how a culture when faced with difficulties can oftrn backslide into this trap of satan. Which is what fundamentalism exactly is.

Im not hearing alot of you moderates condemning these extremist christians enough to my liking. Therefore i have no choice but to broad stroke you all as people who think perhaps gays should br humanely euthanized......and the coloreds ofc we cant be forgetting them now can we...

Some religions, like it or not, lend themselves to being interpreted in extremist ways more than others - islam more than christianity, both a hell of a lot more than buddhism for example.

Buddhism in the West has a good rep. Sri Lanka and Myanmar - they're not so peaceful.

No, no you wouldn't because that would be horrific. You'd like to see zero examples from any group, but that isn't happening. There's extreme views in the US, the UK, the middle east, africa, pretty much everywhere in the world there are people with fucked up views. Some places make it easier to get away with those views, while some make it possible to rule by them. Some religions, like it or not, lend themselves to being interpreted in extremist ways more than others - islam more than christianity, both a hell of a lot more than buddhism for example.

So can we stop the pathetic point scoring about which religion is worse and agree that neither the people praising gays being killed, nor the people actually doing the killing, have a place in modern society?

I never said either group did.

In my comparison I'm not advocating for Muslim extremists. I'm just trying to cover all of the bases. Yes both groups suck and yes more violently extreme Muslims exist than Christians.

But pretending that religious terrorism is equally divided amongst all faiths doesn't really help in getting to the bottom of it any more than pretending AIDS is equally prevalent among the gay and straight communities.

WSS

Who here is saying its equal?

I would say that in the case of a crazy fucking muslim murdering 50 people being compared to a Christian crackpot minister is definitely an attempt to balance the two out.

Which was the basis of the OP.

WSS

I wouldn't equate the two situations. I would say neither religion is without extremists. You're not equating the two, just saying both exist. Again, I think a stronger correlation comes from environment.

But at least you acknowledged shit is going down in Africa. But they aren't "real Christians" anyway, right?

It's almost like the correlation here is with the environment, not so much the religion.

I didn't say they weren't real christians. I said exactly what I said, but what I meant, if you really must know, is that they suck at life and every single aspect of African society is garbage, across country lines, so you'd more or less expect this from them.

By the way I'm not a christian at all. I think the whole divinity of christ bit is a lot of horseshit and that Abrahamic religions are all horseshit. But given the choice of being surrounded by a million christians or a million muslims I'd pick the christians 100% of the time.

I would say that in the case of a crazy fucking muslim murdering 50 people being compared to a Christian crackpot minister is definitely an attempt to balance the two out.

Which was the basis of the OP.

WSS

I wasnt trying to balance anything. Im telling you all its there simmering beneath the surface

By the way I'm not a christian at all. I think the whole divinity of christ bit is a lot of horseshit and that Abrahamic religions are all horseshit. But given the choice of being surrounded by a million christians or a million muslims I'd pick the christians 100% of the time.

At this point in history prolly a good call

I wasnt trying to balance anything. Im telling you all its there simmering beneath the surface

Dude just recently somebody drove his car into a group of people and killed a bunch of them. Sometimes when I'm driving and there's a bunch of assholes in the street I think to myself man I would just like to step on the gas and plowed into these stupid cock suckers. But I don't. That's the difference. The preacher is just talking out his ass the Muslim was taking the action.

WSS

Archived