THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye to Edwards and Quinn? RUMOR

VaporTrail

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We know, or at least have read many times, that Anderson was openly dangled while the Browns only "listened" on Quinn. We know, or have heard repeatedly, that there is a market for Quinn but not much for Anderson.

I think the odds that Mangini truly covets the NFL's lowest rated passer in 2008 are infinitesimal, even if we know almost nothing for sure with this regime. It just seems unlikely.

Would the Browns really trade Quinn and NOT draft Sanchez? I don't think so. If Quinn and Edwards are moved, I would assume a QB and WR in round one, then defenders with the other one and the two... then a running back at 50.

Read that the Browns are counting on Alex Hall and Ahtyba Rubin to take the next step by working and studying their asses off... and they love Barton and Jackson in the middle. Interesting.

I'm really liking Sanchez, but I still can't justify giving up Quinn because we'll never get what we should for him and would be forced to use pick five for a QB. The only way they'd swing a deal for Quinn would be if they got mad picks like a late first and second. At that point they would probably hang onto Edwards. I can't see them moving both and I think Edwards is definitely the most likely to be moved.

I'm really liking Sanchez, but I still can't justify giving up Quinn because we'll never get what we should for him and would be forced to use pick five for a QB. The only way they'd swing a deal for Quinn would be if they got mad picks like a late first and second. At that point they would probably hang onto Edwards. I can't see them moving both and I think Edwards is definitely the most likely to be moved.

i disagree. sanchez reminds me too much of matt linhart. if you get to sanchez early, he crumbles. that's how oregon state beat usc. he gets too nervous in the pocket.

only a few snaps with the first team before playing on a 3 day notice and being that DA was in his second year with the same guys i would and do consider quinn an upgrade straight from the bench to DA...

Hmmm... I thought Quinn only held out during summer of '07... didn't realize he skipped all the practices and got someone else to pretend to be him during two preseasons and sitting on the bench 'til three days before his name was called half way through the '08 season.

That 3 day notice crap is a bunch of hooey.

Hmmm... I thought Quinn only held out during summer of '07... didn't realize he skipped all the practices and got someone else to pretend to be him during two preseasons and sitting on the bench 'til three days before his name was called half way through the '08 season.

That 3 day notice crap is a bunch of hooey.

With the STARTERS, you douche. Quinn was only getting like 10% of the reps with starters (you know - the receivers, backs, and linemen that he would actually be playing with in the game) during the periods you're talking about. If you had ever played a down perhaps you would realize that it makes a huge difference, especially for a QB.

Oh quit the crying already about "name calling."

sounds like you're the one doing the crying ex-riffer.

Looks like you and the rest of Brady's Ladies are in trouble.

Hey maybe it woulda worked out if The Lady didn't post worse stats than the "worst QB in the NFL"

With the STARTERS, you douche. Quinn was only getting like 10% of the reps with starters (you know - the receivers, backs, and linemen that he would actually be playing with in the game) during the periods you're talking about. If you had ever played a down perhaps you would realize that it makes a huge difference, especially for a QB.

so who took the snaps when DA missed 3 weeks of the preseason?

Ans: The Lady

Looked fantastic vs the Lions by the way. "Nothing but promise and ass kicking" as ex-riffer would say about the 26-6 loss.

so who took the snaps when DA missed 3 weeks of the preseason?

Who took the starter snaps for the 2 months leading up to the Denver game, save the last couple days?

Ans: Dexter "I couldn't beat out Charlie frickin' Frye, AND I managed to get my Head Coach and General Manager shit-canned" Anderception.

I seem to recall that back in '07 when it was pointed out that DA did not get starters reps 'til after the '07 season had actually started, folks here, perhaps the same ones, frequent posters anyway, said that was a non-factor. Funny how when another QB is in a similar situation it's suddenly a popular defense.

The guy who actually tosses TD passes and beats the Giants on MNF.

But certainly not to be confused with the guy who throws pick 6's to LBs, can't run a 2-minute offense without Hooked-on-Phonics being streamed through his headset, throws 90mph fastballs into the back of the heads of any receiver not at least 20 yds downfield, and thinks throwing into double/triple coverage in the red-zone is OK.

Nope. Certainly not THAT guy. :rolleyes:

I think the point of all of this is not is DA is the future of the Browns, He is NOT. The Question is if BQ is. Obviously we do not know. But he played a very good first game against a HORRIBLE defense and then two not good games with a injury. He has show nothing to make me think he is a star..He also has shown me nothing to think he is not a star.

This is not about DA VS BQ. It is about if the Browns get the right trade offer for one, either or both QBs. The point is BQ is not untouchable. And I will be honest I really think that the management fully plans on winning only 6 games this year. Build the defense and get in some talent. I don't think the Browns will trade BE if he is willing to sign an extension at a reasonable price, otherwise you must trade him or you will get nothing for him.

If you get the rigt offer you trade BQ. You live with DA if you can't trade him for a year and see if he can be coached up and you draft a QB NEXT year. Face it, the organization is not on the verge of turning the corner, with what Savage did the Browns are a few years away.

The new management seems to be trying to build the team for the long haul. Build with defense and OL. You do your best to win but you understand that you can not tear a team apart and rebuild it the right way in one year.

If they get the right offer for BQ then you take it and build the team through the draft. If BE will not sign a reasonable contract you trade him for what you can, you don't want him to just walk away.

We all need to understand it is not like the Browns are just a player away from the super bowl. They have one great lineman a couple of nice young corners and one great OL man. They have a Qb that might or might not be good and another QB that is prolly a one year wonder. They have a star reciever that can't catch the easy one and another reciever that is going to go to jail. They need to unload players that are not untouchable and build through the draft and a few key signings.

Just my opinion, but people need to stop looking at this like it is a BQ or DA question, I am starting to think that the answer might be niether of them is the answer, especially if you can get fair trade value for BQ and/or DA.

I seem to recall that back in '07 when it was pointed out that DA did not get starters reps 'til after the '07 season had actually started, folks here, perhaps the same ones, frequent posters anyway, said that was a non-factor. Funny how when another QB is in a similar situation it's suddenly a popular defense.

Funny how you have backed away from your initial supposition.

I'm not so sure either one will be traded this year. The window for decent value on the one that doesn't play this year is quickly closing, if something doesn't happen during the draft, I don't think either one will be traded until next year; by that time whichever sits will not have nearly the value they do now. I still think Anderson is the more likely of the two to go, if one does go, only because the Browns could accept less than a first round pick for him.

That may be true Lum but if they trade BQ it is not going to be because they feel that DA is the answer. It will be because they don't think either is the answer and that they can get more value for BQ than DA. They will go through the season as best as possible and draft a QB next year in a much deeper QB draft than this year.

That is my whole point. They are not going to trade DA because BQ is the answer or trade BQ because DA is the answer. They are going to trade to get value and build the team.

If they start BQ they will give him his shot to see if he can be the man, if they trade him I think that they will just plan on getting by with DA until next year when they can draft a franchise QB in a deep QB draft.

Basically what they do with BQ does not mean anything about how they feel about DA, just an opinion but that is what I think. And just so you know I went to Oregon State and I am a season ticket holder so I am not a BQ homer and I hate ND. You just have to be able to look at things without orange colored glasses and see it for what it is. New regime means new plan. New plan means lets build this team the way we want. Like I have said it is not like the Browns are a player away from the super bowl. They need allot of help and the best way to get it is through the draft.

Good golly, is this ever tired.

Someone brings up trade ideas and Lum and D&S come in to back DA AGAIN.

Boy, haven't seen that before.

Don't you guys get bored with it? I mean, I'm yawning just reading about it for the one millionth time.

Most of us have taken the reasonable road and just said "DA has had a chance, now give Quinn the same chance."

But you guys are still talking about '07 like it matters, and '08 like it never happened.

Why do you care so much about Derek Anderson? It's nearly incomprehensible to me that real human beings can care so much about this guy. Please help me comprehend it.

That may be true Lum but if they trade BQ it is not going to be because they feel that DA is the answer.

Not concerned about "the answer" whatever that is. More concerned about quarterback.

If they trade BQ then they feel DA is the quarterback for next season at least.

That may be true Lum but if they trade BQ it is not going to be because they feel that DA is the answer. It will be because they don't think either is the answer and that they can get more value for BQ than DA. They will go through the season as best as possible and draft a QB next year in a much deeper QB draft than this year.

Dude, nobody but people within the organization know that. Maybe they DO feel DA is the "answer", WTF really knows but the people inside.

The only thing we can clearly see is:

Brady Quinn has higher perceived value because of the structure of his contract, his age, and his draft status. The browns spent two picks including a first to get him, they would need at least a first for him because he's fresh off the shelf.

DA could be traded for a second round pick.

Why do you care so much about Derek Anderson? It's nearly incomprehensible to me that real human beings can care so much about this guy. Please help me comprehend it.

It's not about DA. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't such irrational man-love for what looks like the most over-hyped player in the history of organized football.......Brady "The Lady" Quinn

Funny how you continue to bitch about why DA needs to go and the coaches just keep marching him out there with the starters, isn't it?

It's not about DA. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't such irrational man-love for what looks like the most over-hyped player in the history of organized football.......Brady "The Lady" Quinn

Funny how you continue to bitch about why DA needs to go and the coaches just keep marching him out there with the starters, isn't it?

I have yet to see this coaching staff march DumbAss out with the starters. And take a long look in the mirror Mr. Kettle when you talk about "irrational man-love" because Mr. Pot is staring back at you.

But these moves are for the future of the Browns and not about who is behind center in the short run. It is not about who starts next year, it is about what moves are being made to make the team better. Lum, you make everybodies case that you are here only for DA and that you could care less what kind of product they put on the field. If BQ is traded it only means that they got good value for him and pulled the trigger, it will not mean that they feel DA is the answer. But, you are right it would prolly mean that DA would be the starter.

That is not what any trade will be about though. It will be about getting more talent in the organization and trading for value.

Well, there is not one single head coach or GM currently in the NFL that has marched him out there with the starters. There is a reason for that.

Funny, isn't it?

But these moves are for the future of the Browns and not about who is behind center in the short run. It is not about who starts next year, it is about what moves are being made to make the team better. Lum, you make everybodies case that you are here only for DA and that you could care less what kind of product they put on the field. If BQ is traded it only means that they got good value for him and pulled the trigger, it will not mean that they feel DA is the answer. But, you are right it would prolly mean that DA would be the starter.

That is not what any trade will be about though. It will be about getting more talent in the organization and trading for value.

You speak in tongues which Luvbergh cannot comprehend.

Well, there is not one single head coach or GM currently in the NFL that has marched him out there with the starters. There is a reason for that.

Funny, isn't it?

The reason is the season hasn't started yet.

Odds are pretty fair DA starts somewhere, where we don't know.

The reason is the season hasn't started yet.

Odds are pretty fair DA starts somewhere, where we don't know.

I doubt it. Now that we've eaten the biggest laugher of a signing bonus since Ichael-may Ick-vay, Anderception is an affordable NFL back-up.

Well, some has-been coach will try and 'tame that arm' for 5-6 games maybe, but they'll get sick of it, and hand it over to the kid they drafted who actually has an ounce of pedigree.

And 3 years from now, Dexter will be half-way through the back-nine of "The MOOSE" (Scaaccaapoooose's Municipal cabbage patch) and his phone will ring, and some other unfortunate group of football fans will be subjected to the Wagon's blind hard-on. I hope it's Pitshole.

Archived