THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye to Edwards and Quinn? RUMOR

VaporTrail

Charlie Frye is a better QB than DA. Some day you'll have to come to grips with that understanding.

Not to defend Lumbergh/someone's puppet, but no, Frye isn't better than DA.

There are better arguments to be made. Focus there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean except for when they made him sit his sorry ass on the bench to back up CHARLIE FRYE???

Charlie Frye is a better QB than DA. Some day you'll have to come to grips with that understanding.

Or when they sat him for Brady Quinn last year.

It's not about DA. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't such irrational man-love for what looks like the most over-hyped player in the history of organized football.......Brady "The Lady" Quinn

Funny how you continue to bitch about why DA needs to go and the coaches just keep marching him out there with the starters, isn't it?

Really? It's about Quinn then?

Well, thanks for appearing to be honest about your weird obsession with Quinn.

You do realize that there is little man-love for Quinn here right? Most of us have simply said "you drafted the guy in the first round, you have to play him."

Can you seriously point me out a single person who has defended Quinn like you defend DA?

I mean, beyond pointing out the fact that he actually did break his finger? Because if that's an example of "man-love" for Quinn, well, call me guilty and throw me in man-jail.

Really? It's about Quinn then?

Well, thanks for appearing to be honest about your weird obsession with Quinn.

You do realize that there is little man-love for Quinn here right? Most of us have simply said "you drafted the guy in the first round, you have to play him."

Can you seriously point me out a single person who has defended Quinn like you defend DA?

I mean, beyond pointing out the fact that he actually did break his finger? Because if that's an example of "man-love" for Quinn, well, call me guilty and throw me in man-jail.

Strangely, Damajuki, I seem to recall Lumbergh showed up after Derek was the starter, not after Brady Quinn was drafted.

This has nothing to do with Quinn, and everything to do with his desire to fellate DA.

If the Quinn trade goes down, and we get a first for him....this would certainly make DA the guy. If we were able to land Crabtree and Beanie Wells in the first, which I would think would be pretty feasible, I would like our offense. We would be adding two bigtime weapons to a team that is only one year removed from putting up some pretty serious numbers w/DA at the helm. I don't think he's Tom Brady or anything, but I would certainly think he would be able to manage an offense that potentially potent and put up some pretty big numbers. Albeit, we would still have a piss poor defense, and I would really hope that the rest of our picks would be used upgrading and adding depth on the defensive side of the ball. I still want to hold on to Edwards...I know dude had alot of drops last season, but I think he still can come around and be a bigtime WR like he showed two years ago. I couldn't imagine if we had him at the number 2 WR and Crabtree at the one...you wanna double one of them, the other could burn you...you wanna play a Nickle or Dime, Beannie can bull over your ass running behind Thomas and Steiny. I'm just saying that getting rid of Quinn if we can get the right pick(s) might not be a bad idea.

If the Quinn trade goes down, and we get a first for him....this would certainly make DA the guy.

I'm not so sure. We saw what Matt Ryan did with the the Falcons last year. The Browns play a weak schedule and the Browns O-line is not anything like the 1999 Browns so they wouldn't have to worry about exposing a young Qb to a lot of punishment.

The one thing Ryan had that a Browns QB will not have is the same type of RB behind him. Turner is an absolute Stud.

But I don't think a Quinn trade and a selection of Sanchez or Stafford would make DA the instant starter.

Archived