THE BROWNS BOARD

Doesn't fit the narrative

Legacy Fan

Why? Do those things mean a country is doomed to have gun violence?

Well until you develop that machine that makes all guns within the U.S. disappear, yes you will have gun violence. But by all means, back politicians who will back feel good legislation that accomplishes nothing but turning law abiding people into criminals for not adhering to arbitrary gun rules that won't prevent mass shootings.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, you'd be better off banning poor people.

Inner city poverty has a stronger relationship to higher numbers of gun violence than the prevalence of gun ownership. Southern states have the poverty and the guns yet they don't have the warzone environments you get in urban slums that have strict gun laws.

So if anti-gun folks really wanted to see change in gun violence numbers (which have been dropping for years), they could go to Chicago and figure out why the locals feel compelled to shoot the hell out of each other.

In a related story, local citizens have formed armed patrols in the flood-ravaged areas of West Virginia to protect homes and property (theirs and others) from looters. The Sheriff of Fayette County released a statement yesterday in the Charleston-Gazette Mail, saying "If we catch you looting and stealing, we will take to you jail. If the citizens patrols see you first, we can't promise that you'll make it to jail."

That is actually kind of awesome

Don't loot or we'll murder you. That would probably work with other crimes too.

Your flippant attitude aside, I invite you to visit what is left of the town of Rainelle, WV. There isn't much left to see except for piles of rubble that used to be people's homes and belongings. Piles of rubble that represent all that many of these people have left in the world.

As Logic already alluded to, an area that, when things are working perfectly, a call to 911 may get a response in 30 minutes. Maybe.

I'm not talking about roving bands of wild-eyed gun nuts who are shooting at anything that moves, but friends and families of people who have experienced horrifying and almost unimaginable loss.

But yes, under the laws of West Virginia, if you decide to steal from people who have lost almost everything, you stand a pretty good chance of being shot.

One of you options doesn't go against my values as a person. So I'll pick that one.

I know plenty of poor people that haven't killed anyone. Perhaps banning one specific sect of people won't solve gun violence?

That said - Woody ( as much as I hate to admit it) hit the nail on the head early. If rare acts of mass violence do not attest to the majority of gun owners - then that same logic must be applied here.

Events like this are equally as rare.

One of you options doesn't go against my values as a person. So I'll pick that one.

Your values as a person or as we call it political correctness trumps the lives of your fellow citizens?

Though I don't necessarily agree I do get your point. If there were a great rash of lynchings of blacks and attacks on African-American churches would you think it was a good idea to closely monitor hardcore Evangelical churches with rumored ties to white supremacy?

I think I know the answer, maybe not, but I would.

WSS

Your values as a person or as we call it political correctness trumps the lives of your fellow citizens?

WSS

There are many whom value their cling to the second amendment over their countrymen. Banning all guns would significantly reduce crime in due time - sure you'll still have black markets but it's unlikely Orlando happens.

I'm just playing devils advocate. We are value our beliefs over the lives of those whom are in staunch opposition. It just takes a particular topic to highlight that.

baloney. I value freedom and the well-being of my countrymen, which is why I want

them to always be able to protect themselves.

he Facts That Neither Side Wants To Admit About Gun Control
www.mintpressnews.com/the-facts-that-neither-side...to.../207152/
Oct 5, 2015 - Immediately after the ban, the murder rate shot up to 1.6 per .... If you look at the Australian government crime statistics gun violence increased ...

so, you want a gun ban to stem violent crimes, but they go UP instead...

yet the left still wants the gun ban.

Either they WANT a higher rate of violent crimes, or....

they desperately want a major political victory over the non-left.

There are many whom value their cling to the second amendment over their countrymen. Banning all guns would significantly reduce crime in due time - sure you'll still have black markets but it's unlikely Orlando happens.

I'm just playing devils advocate. We are value our beliefs over the lives of those whom are in staunch opposition. It just takes a particular topic to highlight that.

Oh I understand what you were doing bud.

What I'm not sure of is that some state or federal law is going to make Isis shake their fists and yell curses foiled again!

On the other hand I think if you are a decent upstanding member of a particular minority who has an inordinate amount of violent members you should understand, even if it pisses you off, that your group is going to get extra scrutiny.

Do you disagree with my white supremacist example?

WSS

I know plenty of poor people that haven't killed anyone. Perhaps banning one specific sect of people won't solve gun violence?

That said - Woody ( as much as I hate to admit it) hit the nail on the head early. If rare acts of mass violence do not attest to the majority of gun owners - then that same logic must be applied here.

I know millions of gun owners who have never shot anyone. Your point?

And I know black people that haven't shot anyone. That's the fucking point lol

Thanks for the shout out though ;)

Though I don't necessarily agree I do get your point. If there were a great rash of lynchings of blacks and attacks on African-American churches would you think it was a good idea to closely monitor hardcore Evangelical churches with rumored ties to white supremacy?

I think I know the answer, maybe not, but I would.

WSS

Political correctness? What? I'm not banning a large group of people. Sorry if that's just too PC for you

Hardcore evangelical groups with rumored ties to white supremacy are a little different than all black people, don't ya think?

Hey look! Fat boy is back!

Archived