THE BROWNS BOARD

Crowell ... should he be cut?

Zombo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I've seen the picture...it's absolutely disgusting. And I don't even like the police. All too many of them are just thugs with badges....but ya can't go shooting them for chrisesake. That's like shooting Muslim's because of ISIS.

As has been said, pro sports players are not the brightest segment of society. Dumb stuff is, to some extent, to be expected from that pool of people.

If I were to bet, I'd bet on them releasing Crow. Ownership is quite fed up with the Browns image constantly being tarnished (even though the owner's company has tarnished the image too).

This is the first time I've seen the picture...it's absolutely disgusting. And I don't even like the police. All too many of them are just thugs with badges....but ya can't go shooting them for chrisesake. That's like shooting Muslim's because of ISIS.

As has been said, pro sports players are not the brightest segment of society. Dumb stuff is, to some extent, to be expected from that pool of people.

If I were to bet, I'd bet on them releasing Crow. Ownership is quite fed up with the Browns image constantly being tarnished (even though the owner's company has tarnished the image too).

If the Browns want to cut ties with Crow over this- I'm OK with that. Yeah- it's a pretty disgusting picture. Seems the NFL decided since it got taken down almost immediately, and Crow apologized- it's up to the Browns what they want to do. But let's please put this in perspective first. Greg Hardy played for the Cowboys last year after he beat the mortal crap out of his white ex-girlfriend. (Pictures supplied on request) Only reason he's not in jail is because he paid her off to drop the charges.

& this from the Browns-

The Browns on late Monday issued a statement of their own, calling a written apology for Crowell's post "insufficient."

"We have spoken to Isaiah regarding his extremely disturbing and unacceptable social media decision,'' the Browns said. "It was completely inappropriate and we have made him aware of our high level of disappointment. Isaiah has apologized but also knows that just an apology is insufficient and that he must take steps to make a positive difference after a very negative and impactful post.''

& this from the Cleveland police-

"Crow better do something more, or the CPD won't work security at Browns games this year. Like maybe contribute to the fund for the dead officers in Dallas, and personally apologize to the families.

No I posted it to show what he posted imbecile. Get off your horse.

I'm glad you posted it. Before I was thinking, "couldn't have been that bad". Now we see the magnitude of it.

Furious Styles has a fist of furry, unfortunately it's being a jack off.

Cutting him isnt gonna change what happened and/or what will eventually happen. If they cut him it wont change a fucking thing.. And we become a weaker football team..Just hope the kid can grow up , catch himself and move on... I'm certainly not condoning what he did. it despicable. Remember.. I'm sure some of you.. including Myself have referred to cops as pigs.. So lets not all act like were so innocent in all of this.

It's the catch22 bullshit. If we didn't see the image no big deal and we're making a mole hill into a mountain. We see the image and we're just as bad as Crowell is. No win situation here except picking your lesser evil which is being blind to the topic at hand.

Just think if the was turned around. The reason nothing has been done is Crowell is black. But if this was a white football player, depicting the exact opposite of what that picture portrays, the white guy would have been cut immediately or under much more scrutiny and social outrage. A good example, Curt Schilling. He responded or reshared an image of a disgusting looking transgendered guy and was immediately released by ESPN. Why isn't Crowell gone? The one sided social rules in this country are disgusting.

Many of us want equality. I work with plenty of great african americans. Intelligent, hard working, well spoken human beings. They are on equal footing where I work. Many hold very high positions. Equality is possible. It's the lowlifes on all racial spectrums that create racial angst. White racists trash are worthless. Racists African Americans are worthless. Racists cops are worthless.

What needs to happen is that people need to start calling out there own. If bad cops exist, then the good ones need to call out and expose the bad ones. But this damn solidarity of the police brotherhood probably prevents it from happen for various reasons. If you have a racist relative, then you need to call them out and expose them for who they are. The same should go for pro-athletes. Don't stand for this bullshit from Crowell. But, alas, he will continue to play somewhere and that is the disgusting part.

Our owner/management don't have the balls to cut him.

That's the truth. We are still stuck in our old ways.

The fact that Crowell EVEN did this pretty much sum up the Brown's organization. He knows full well there will be NO consequences..why? If he was in a Pats uniform, does anyone believe he will still be a Patriot 24 hrs after making that post? Wonder why the great organizations in the NFL don't have players pulling shit like this? It all starts from the TOP.

You cut this guy and send a clear message. NO MORE BULLSHIT.

Cutting him isnt gonna change what happened and/or what will eventually happen. If they cut him it wont change a fucking thing.. And we become a weaker football team..Just hope the kid can grow up , catch himself and move on... I'm certainly not condoning what he did. it despicable. Remember.. I'm sure some of you.. including Myself have referred to cops as pigs.. So lets not all act like were so innocent in all of this.

This type of thinking is EXACTLY why we are stuck where we are for so long.

It sets the precedence. Now every player on that team and NFL will know the BROWNS STILL GOT THEM WEAK management balls. We allowed druggies (Josh Gordan), Alcoholics (Johnny Manziel), Laziness (Just Gilbert) and now this to simply linger.

It's like trying to teach your kids with empty threats. If there's a 2nd chance, there's a 3rd..a 4th...

The hammer needs to come down AFTER the FIRST time. PERIOD.

black-lives-matter-throat-slit-isaiah-cr

This guy needs to be cut, immediately.

Wait.....how do we know the guy doing the cutting is black? No part of his body is shown. Face and hands both covered. Could be a white guy? Or Asian? Or Middle Eastern? Or East Indian? Or Native American?

Or a green skinned Vulcan.....his ears are covered as well.

Actually kind of reminiscent of that scene from Reservoir Dogs. Are you sure that is not Michael Madsen under there?

Wait.....how do we know the guy doing the cutting is black? No part of his body is shown. Face and hands both covered. Could be a white guy? Or Asian? Or Middle Eastern? Or East Indian? Or Native American?

Or a green skinned Vulcan.....his ears are covered as well.

Actually kind of reminiscent of that scene from Reservoir Dogs. Are you sure that is not Michael Madsen under there?

And, it's probably a black guy that's been whited up and put in a police uniform. Mark it.

This type of thinking is EXACTLY why we are stuck where we are for so long.

It sets the precedence. Now every player on that team and NFL will know the BROWNS STILL GOT THEM WEAK management balls. We allowed druggies (Josh Gordan), Alcoholics (Johnny Manziel), Laziness (Just Gilbert) and now this to simply linger.

It's like trying to teach your kids with empty threats. If there's a 2nd chance, there's a 3rd..a 4th...

The hammer needs to come down AFTER the FIRST time. PERIOD.

Wow you are ignorant...

An angry man posted something offensive on Twitter for the first time ever...

Won't satisfy the hard liners, but this just in...

Browns' Isaiah Crowell vows to donate first game check to Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/07/browns_isaiah_crowell_apologiz.html

He's effectively fined himself. Good enough for me...

I would have cut him.

That said, the Browns gave him a different route and he took it.

Can't let him twist in the wind now.

Gotta move on ...

Zombo

An angry man posted something offensive on Twitter for the first time ever...

Won't satisfy the hard liners, but this just in...

Browns' Isaiah Crowell vows to donate first game check to Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/07/browns_isaiah_crowell_apologiz.html

He's effectively fined himself. Good enough for me...

Good enough for me too. I was pretty upset he posted that in the first place but I agree with both your comments and Zombo and we put this in the rear view mirror.

I would have cut him.

That said, the Browns gave him a different route and he took it.

Can't let him twist in the wind now.

Gotta move on ...

Zombo

So much for the lip service about character. Unfortunately this is where the league should have stepped in if they weren't a bunch of pussies.

WSS

I'm good with the Donation so long as he learned his lesson... And no more incidents happen..

Hope fans boo the fuck out of him if he plays.

I hope you choke on your next plate of burek

Archived