THE BROWNS BOARD

Gary Johnson and Bill Weld

BrownsKidd

Isn't about time that we stop looking at politics as either black and white, and not look at the fact that many of us are neither. It seems that Gary Johnson is probably the most logical choice for everyone, if people could get off of their political bias.

The more I read and hear about this guy, the more he is interesting me and may get my vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8vrWRaPzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhr5zQhgrkk

I always thought if we had 4 viable political parties the competition would only make all the parties better as competition usually does. The lack of competition has made the 2 party system stale and stagnant. Maybe the mess we have seen in both parties this year will lead to some more viable parties? I hope so.

The RNC has just as rigged system as the DNC with their super delegates. The fact Trump was able to break out of the rigged RNC is to his credit but the elites in the RNC put their own thumbs on the scale to try and get Jeb Bush elected by giving him over a 100 million war chest and huge financial advantage. That has been the usual playbook in the RNC, and usually it works but not this time with Trump. Also it makes no sense to me in this day and age to even have outdated caucuses.

Highlights:

- No foreign aid spending unless it benefits the US (sound familiar?)

- Raise retirement age of social security, privatize it

- NAFTA sucked and only benefited Mexico, but they're jobs nobody wanted anyway

- Pro-TPP

- Get rid of student loans and tuition will drop on it's own

- Get rid of income tax, get rid of capital gain tax - simply have a 23% federal sales/consumption tax

- Cut all support and aid to israel. Let israel deal with Iranian nukes - not our problem

Some typical libertarian/republican things:

- No carbon tax, cut pretty much every other government restriction/regulation

- Pro-gun with as little restriction as possible

Other things

- Pro-choice

- Pro-gay marriage

- Pro-states choice for a lot of things, like drugs

A lot of typical libertarian things really which isn't bad, but it doesn't put him in the middle.

Highlights:

- No foreign aid spending unless it benefits the US (sound familiar?)

- Raise retirement age of social security, privatize it

- NAFTA sucked and only benefited Mexico, but they're jobs nobody wanted anyway

- Pro-TPP

- Get rid of student loans and tuition will drop on it's own

- Get rid of income tax, get rid of capital gain tax - simply have a 23% federal sales/consumption tax

- Cut all support and aid to israel. Let israel deal with Iranian nukes - not our problem

Some typical libertarian/republican things:

- No carbon tax, cut pretty much every other government restriction/regulation

- Pro-gun with as little restriction as possible

Other things

- Pro-choice

- Pro-gay marriage

- Pro-states choice for a lot of things, like drugs

A lot of typical libertarian things really which isn't bad, but it doesn't put him in the middle.

1st - bold. Fuck that

2nd/3rd bold - Super fuck that

4th bold - Suuuuuuure. The monster that is charging students and our hopeless dependence on those degrees has already been created.

5th bold - Not in favor of at all.

Of course the lefties will get a boner from these guys because they draw votes away from the Republicans, not from the Democrats and will guarantee a Hillary win. I wouldn't mind them if there are four parties including a hard left with Bernie to draw from the Democrats.

But a vote for them is a vote for Hillary Clinton. Pure and simple.

WSS

Isn't about time that we stop looking at politics as either black and white, and not look at the fact that many of us are neither. It seems that Gary Johnson is probably the most logical choice for everyone, if people could get off of their political bias.

The more I read and hear about this guy, the more he is interesting me and may get my vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8vrWRaPzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhr5zQhgrkk

You may as well not vote.

The best thing about a third party vote is if they get 5% in a presidential election they get federal funding for the next cycle - which helps them get on ballots and stuff

Though the two biggest third parties are far too extreme on either end of the spectrum to appeal to the general electorate

They need to focus more on down ballot candidates rather than trying to win the presidency

A 3 party system would work.

Far Right

Far Left

Middle

Middle could win every time

It used to in a 2-party system...

Agree... a blend, even an equal one of very left and very right views does not equal a centrist.

Of course the lefties will get a boner from these guys because they draw votes away from the Republicans, not from the Democrats and will guarantee a Hillary win.

Again... the polls say different.

I posted this because I have always been a conservative of Christian background, so you at least see where I'm coming from. I also believe in the constitution that should always be at the forefront of our country and in the minds of the people.

That means I'm for:

Small Government

Less Taxes

Individual's right of Life Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness (Notice pursuit is in there because it's not guaranteed, but it is my right to pursue what makes me happy).

The States right given back to them and the vote of the people in those states to mean something and not being vetoed by a law making SCOTUS.

Even though I am a Christian, I am for gays to be civilly married. For those Christians on here that get all bent, just think about this for one second. Our modern day marriage is nothing more than a legal binding of two people that provides certain rights on a civil level. It however means nothing on a spiritual level when two men or two women want to civilly join in "marriage". A signed legal document does not mean that God somehow has to endorse it nor should it mean that any church should have to endorse it either.

As for Marijuana use, if you watch the one video with Bill Maher, Johnson said he just consumed it about 8 weeks prior. I know some of you would be all about that. As for me, I'm still somewhat undecided. But then again I think, is there any difference between pot and booze? In a logical sense, no. Let the people decide.

Johnson is also for choice, that means pro-choice. I struggle with that the most. I have to ask myself, is that the deal breaker? I think of abortion as a horrible end to what should be a beautiful act between a man and woman. Abortion is, in my opinion, a scrape goat for the sexually irresponsible. For circumstances outside the woman's control, I can understand the necessity. But for a man and a woman to decide to do such a thing when both parties know the potential results is humanly irresponsible and is a direct affront to human life and the respect of life. There are so many better options. But, people will do what they want to do, they will find a way. I believe we live in a fallen world filled with fallen people who don't give a flying fuck about anything else but themselves, so they will do what they want to do. So do I give up on this fight, maybe, I don't know.

It used to in a 2-party system...

Agree... a blend, even an equal one of very left and very right views does not equal a centrist.

Again... the polls say different.

What polls are those?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/23/libertarian-party-could-play-the-spoiler-role-in-2016-for-donald-trump/

WSS

WSS,

It is a comment I heard Chuck Todd make on Meet The Press. Here's 538.com's take as of Jul 7th... Clinton's lead shrinks by one point when Johnson is included in a poll. Stein (Green Party) is rarely included in polls.

These are national polls... YSMV (Your State May Vary)...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-is-gary-johnson-taking-more-support-from-clinton-or-trump/

I posted this because I have always been a conservative of Christian background, so you at least see where I'm coming from. I also believe in the constitution that should always be at the forefront of our country and in the minds of the people.

That means I'm for:

Small Government

Less Taxes

Individual's right of Life Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness (Notice pursuit is in there because it's not guaranteed, but it is my right to pursue what makes me happy).

The States right given back to them and the vote of the people in those states to mean something and not being vetoed by a law making SCOTUS.

Even though I am a Christian, I am for gays to be civilly married. For those Christians on here that get all bent, just think about this for one second. Our modern day marriage is nothing more than a legal binding of two people that provides certain rights on a civil level. It however means nothing on a spiritual level when two men or two women want to civilly join in "marriage". A signed legal document does not mean that God somehow has to endorse it nor should it mean that any church should have to endorse it either.

As for Marijuana use, if you watch the one video with Bill Maher, Johnson said he just consumed it about 8 weeks prior. I know some of you would be all about that. As for me, I'm still somewhat undecided. But then again I think, is there any difference between pot and booze? In a logical sense, no. Let the people decide.

Johnson is also for choice, that means pro-choice. I struggle with that the most. I have to ask myself, is that the deal breaker? I think of abortion as a horrible end to what should be a beautiful act between a man and woman. Abortion is, in my opinion, a scrape goat for the sexually irresponsible. For circumstances outside the woman's control, I can understand the necessity. But for a man and a woman to decide to do such a thing when both parties know the potential results is humanly irresponsible and is a direct affront to human life and the respect of life. There are so many better options. But, people will do what they want to do, they will find a way. I believe we live in a fallen world filled with fallen people who don't give a flying fuck about anything else but themselves, so they will do what they want to do. So do I give up on this fight, maybe, I don't know.

Nice post, Kidd... thanks for taking the time... a rarity around here. A couple thoughts... more or less from bottom to top...

Abortion as a means of "birth control" is undesirable, but other means, if available... and sometimes cost makes them unavailable, is not 100% effective. This is true even in cases of sterilization, i.e., vasectomy and tubal ligation, which are among the most effective means. Affordable availability of preventative means is what makes the assault on Planned Parenthood hard for me to understand.

As a sometime user, primarily in the past (dammit), I am for marijuana legalization, but only with regulation. Concerns I have are around the potency of today's "product" and, especially, the growing trend towards extract liquids in vaping and edibles where intake is more difficult to impossible to monitor.

Civil marriages are a distinction with a difference. Just as many hetero marriages are performed in civil rather than church settings and presided over by elected officials rather than clergy, so too are/will be many gay marriages... by choice. But to deny more traditional surroundings and presiding officials to gays of faith... and there are gays of faith... seems wrong.

I think the gay marriage issue is a perfect example of a role SCOTUS plays... a role that many do not wish to acknowledge, but one that has existed since it's inception alongside interpreting the Constitution. That role is the reconciliation of diametrically opposed state laws. Case after case of legally "married" gays moving for reasons of work, family or other saw their union delegitimized. The legal implications of this change are far reaching and forced SCOTUS to resolve the legal conflict. Could "the legal conflict" not have been resolved by banning all gay marriages or making "civil unions" the universal option? Yes... but would either finding not be in conflict with the "pursuit of happiness" of some citizens of the United States?

Again... thanks for your post...

Yeah well polls do tend to be all over the place but you and I both know that libertarianism is usually a subset of Republicans. That's kind of how I would have described myself in the past. Republican / libertarian . I think the Democrat minority and free shit coalition are going to be a tough sell for a lower taxes personal responsibility bunch.

WSS

Whatever happened to Compassionate Conservatives? ;)

538.com is the gold standard when it comes to analyzing polling data... although they are not pollsters. Nate Silver was a baseball analytics geek before he launched 538...

...Johnson is also for choice, that means pro-choice. I struggle with that the most. I have to ask myself, is that the deal breaker? I think of abortion as a horrible end to what should be a beautiful act between a man and woman. Abortion is, in my opinion, a scrape goat for the sexually irresponsible. For circumstances outside the woman's control, I can understand the necessity. But for a man and a woman to decide to do such a thing when both parties know the potential results is humanly irresponsible and is a direct affront to human life and the respect of life. There are so many better options. But, people will do what they want to do, they will find a way. I believe we live in a fallen world filled with fallen people who don't give a flying fuck about anything else but themselves, so they will do what they want to do. So do I give up on this fight, maybe, I don't know.

He is pro choice, but not in the way that most people consider democrats to be.

Gary Johnson on Abortion: http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Gary_Johnson_Abortion.htm

Whatever happened to Compassionate Conservatives? ;)

538.com is the gold standard when it comes to analyzing polling data... although they are not pollsters. Nate Silver was a baseball analytics geek before he launched 538...

CJlVT2.png

Archived