THE BROWNS BOARD

Why you NEED a franchise QB (plain & simple)

Orion

Because with 2 minutes left in the game you are going to have to get down that field and win back the game.

THAT'S IT (plain & simple)

Your 'swarming defense' is gonna be sitting on the bench.

Your power running game that can do 5 yrds/att is useless.

You need an OL that can protect and receivers that can get open.

And you need that upper echelon QB that can get you down the field(s) when the game(s) are on the line.

Joe Thomas said it sometime last season. - If you're lucky enough to be on a good team then you'll be in a lot of games that come down to the final drive. You cannot 'run' yourself down the field. You need a good quarterback -

------------------------

This offseason the Committee decided to roll the dice on RG3 (it's an idea...he didn't cost us any picks...unless Wentz or Lynch turn out to be great). And they spent one of their 3rd rounders on a hard worker type QB.

Instead they drafted receiver weapons and some OL help. This was much needed stuff to aid a/the QB.

IMO though, if it becomes obvious during this season that the 'franchise type' QB is not on the team, then they have to do what's required to get up there in the draft and GET one. And keep swinging that QB bat until they hit a homer.

Here here, And this Coldy Kessler is for a bloody rook in the state of New England..Oh wait, we have no state called New England. Where the hell you from Orion?

Where the hell you from Orion?

40 minutes from Gillette Stadium.

Will do. We'll run out and get one thanks.

Well, don't go runnin' off yet. We've made a commitment to RG3 and Kesler for right now.

The Committee decided that there wasn't a QB to take with the #2 overall pick. (was a bold move for a team that needs to solidify the QB position as badly and for as long as we have) But they obviously had a plan for this year. They brought in RG3 and traded for picks this year and next. - Perhaps their plan for NEXT year's draft is to use their picks to go get the QB if THIS year's plan failed.

I just think that the rules for restocking the starting QB position are different than from any other position.

The Rams & Eagles both made the decisions to trade up, just like many teams in previous drafts, because they WANT that upper echelon QB. Are their decisions correct, time will tell.....but ya can't fault them for trying.

40 minutes from Gillette Stadium.

Well, don't go runnin' off yet. We've made a commitment to RG3 and Kesler for right now.

The Committee decided that there wasn't a QB to take with the #2 overall pick. (was a bold move for a team that needs to solidify the QB position as badly and for as long as we have) But they obviously had a plan for this year. They brought in RG3 and traded for picks this year and next. - Perhaps their plan for NEXT year's draft is to use their picks to go get the QB if THIS year's plan failed.

I just think that the rules for restocking the starting QB position are different than from any other position.

The Rams & Eagles both made the decisions to trade up, just like many teams in previous drafts, because they WANT that upper echelon QB. Are their decisions correct, time will tell.....but ya can't fault them for trying.

The Eagles and the Rams will always be 8-8 teams. Fault the front office. Chip Kelly got fired for no reason to bring in Penderson? And Fisher will never have a winning record as a Ram. As a matter of intuition, I believe Fisher gets shit canned after this season.

What about when you have a lead with 2 minutes left and...

• the opponent's franchise QB has the ball? :o ... or...
  • you have the ball and need to "run out the clock"?

As a matter of intuition, I believe Fisher gets shit canned after this season.

...hope you're right. I don't like Fisher. I forget what stupid decision he made that cost them a game...and he defended it to the hilt saying he'd do it again. I then gave up on him.

Always had a soft spot for the Rams (from back in the Roman Gabriel days).

Without trading down, we aren't able to draft the 4 receivers.

I understand that.

Thanks to Farmer we needed to do that.

They made their QB decision(s) for this year. That's fine. They're entitled. All I'm saying is that if they were not correct with their QB plan that they rewrite the plan for the future of that position.

Franchise QBs unfortunately don't grow on trees

They don't. So it's not likely one's going to fall onto our lap. (we got our lap out of the way this past April - unless, of course Kessler turns out to be good)

We're saddled up to RG3 to start this season. It would be awfully convenient if RG3 would morph into a butterfly for us...but in general, we don't usually posses that kind of luck.

100% Correct. But these assholes here believe that you can win with jackoffs, black Tarkenton and a calculator.

Hang on a sec...

Ok take seven times...

Then add another. ....humm

Ok ya divide the....

Yep just what I thot you're a dick. Lmao

THAT'S IT (plain & simple)

Your 'swarming defense' is gonna be sitting on the bench.

Your power running game that can do 5 yrds/att is useless.

You need an OL that can protect and receivers that can get open.

And you need that upper echelon QB that can get you down the field(s) when the game(s) are on the line.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat at all 4 groups in drafting since 99 has got to see some check marks beside it first. Can you check off any of these?

They made their QB decision(s) for this year. That's fine. They're entitled. All I'm saying is that if they were not correct with their QB plan that they rewrite the plan for the future of that position.

Took the other road to get a QB on the field now & in their first season they rewrote the plan for any future at any position..

well, Tennessee got their star franchise qb, and look where they

were in the draft, before they traded down.

First.

And they took a step towards checking off #2 A running Game. Defense & OL highly questionable though. RB's with no OL & a D that can't get off the field usually leads you to a drive of the full field. Might be good to watch the Titians plan vs. Browns plan?

well, Tennessee got their star franchise qb, and look where they

were in the draft, before they traded down.

First.

I don't think that the Cowboys (Aikman), Colts (Manning), Steelers (Bradshaw), etc. lit it up the first year after getting their QB either.

I mean, it's a pretty simple statement, but there is a ton of truth behind it. SO MANY NFL games come down to the final minutes of a game, and like you said, when the game is on the line, our team needs a guy who won't falter and won't lose his cool. I'm hoping we finally have our guy.

Archived