THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump really needs to focus

New York Times Magazine asked Trump about the importance of maintaining a Republican Senate. Here was Trump’s almost incomprehensible answer – “Well, I’d like them to do that. But I don’t mind being a free agent, either.”

Just another to me inexplicable response from Trump. Why wouldn't he say the republicans keeping control of the senate is of great importance to him because he would need their help if elected president to pass his agenda.

Because he has the mind of a dictator. 'he alone' can save the country, the world. He doesn't need anybody else because they're all idiots.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on the news the question of ..."what if Trump drops his run"...

the Republican party has looked into all scenarios.

If Trump was twice as bad at blowing up his popularity with different

folks...

higgardly is that dangerous.

But, maybe??? Trump knows he really doesn't want to be president?

What if he actually did drop out of the race in a month, and Pence took his place?

I'd like that, but I don't see that happening - too much egg on his face.

He likes to be the "You're Fired" guy too much. I would have thought that he'd watch

his sense of humor and knee jerking (that is his democrat side)...

crazy. Meanwhile, Higgardly is worse every week - I don't believe she is mentally healthy.

It would be Pence, but Trump is not dropping his run.

The media is full on soviet-style attack mode.

Contrary to the narrative the media is delivering, Trump is not being decimated at the moment. Pollsters have changed their methods and even gone as far as changing previous polls (Reuters) to favor Hillary. Pew says CBS/NY Times should be disregarded and the LA Times methodology has been one of the most accurate methodologies (in which Trump has been winning - and still is winning).

He still pulls thousands to his rallies whereas Clinton can barely get a hundred.

It's crazy the nonsense about "Will Trump drop out, blah blah." He just had his biggest fundraising month ever over $80M - yet nobody wants to report on that.

Did he really do that? Ffs this guy is dumb. I can understand "maam can you please take the baby outside" but good god mocking the woman on the way out....facepalm. We've just never seen a guy like this. I mean he's borderline special

It's pretty shitty, but as a parent...I wouldn't take my baby to a political rally. I certainly wouldn't take my toddlers there. Christ. The aggravation alone on my part.

He needs to push his advertisements more - he's had some good ones about campaign contributions, hillary lying. He's tweeted about the 400 million covert Iran deal for prisoners, and he's mentioned the bad GDP growth at some of his rallies he's been at.

Really what he needs to do is start dropping cash on those advertisements - get them beyond his social media crowd.

Hillary will outspend Trump 3-1 at least. Donald has seriously POed the major Republican contributors- and $5 buck donations from his supporters are penny ante.

Sometimes Trump reminds me of a 14 year old girl. He can't let the critics alone. He has to counter punch and he looks stupid. I doubt he will change though.

• In a Washington Post interview, Trump declined to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan against his primary challenger
  • He reiterated that he hasn't endorsed Sen. John McCain and said the onetime prisoner of war "has not done a good job for the vets"
  • He slapped out at Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, saying "she has given me zero support"
  • He suggested that Americans should pull their 401(k) funds out of the stock market
  • He said he's "always wanted" to receive a Purple Heart but that having one gifted to him by a supporter was "much easier"
  • He said that the handling of sexual harassment has "got to be up to the individual"
  • He accused Khizr Khan of being "bothered" by his plan to keep terrorists out of the country, and said that he had no regrets about his clash with the family
  • He appeared to feud with a crying baby during a rally

Point 1. Trump attacking other republicans...what is the benefit?

Why should Trump go out of his way to say he won't endorse Ryan? Did Ryan ask for his endorsement...no. Trump went out of his way to attack Ryan and was even mocking Ryan saying he wasn't quite there yet endorsing Ryan using what Ryan said earlier about Trump against him. What is the point Ed? Going out of his way to attack Cruz, McCain, Kasich and any other republican who won't kiss his ring and who he has a petty beef against he goes off the rails and off message and attacks. Worse yet they are in his own party.

This is crazy. Trump has such a thin skin he cannot let go of any slight or wrong against him even if by doing so he hurts his chances of winning the presidency. I am not saying he needs to praise any of these guys but why not just say nothing and keep focused on attacking Clinton. Isn't that the objective?

Exactly. See above. A bunch of us moderate Republicans can't stand Donald "the loose cannon" Trump blasting anyone and anything he perceives as a slight. Getting real old. It worked in the primaries- MHO is it won't in the general election. It's like Haha- I don't need your help. Well, Donald- a bunch of us that still have a few communicating neurons left know a lot of the stuff you're proposing has zero chance of happening should you get elected, and are taking it for what it is- empty campaign rhetoric. You're scaring me Donald- and a bunch of other Republicans who want to vote for someone who looks more presidential than as DHBF said- a 14 year old girl.

Do I care that Hillary is as crooked as a dog's hind leg? That's not what scares me about her. It's appointing liberals to the Supreme Court, Expanding Obamacare, and probably Social Security (when it's OBVIOUS the retirement age needs to be gradually raised to 70 to keep the program solvent), of course ballooning the National debt, and a continuation of smoochie smoochie with organizations avowed to attacking US interests.

I say again, it's like a crap sandwich. You want white bread or wheat bread with that?

wheat bread is healthier, but it's still bread.

Trump is the wheat bread, and the crap is still crap.

Newt HITS Trump: ‘He is helping Hillary win by proving he is more UNACCEPTABLE than she is!’

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, one of Trump’s most loyal defenders, warned that his friend was in danger of throwing away the election and helping to make Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton president unless he quickly changes course.

“The current race is which of these two is the more unacceptable, because right now neither of them is acceptable,” Gingrich said in a Wednesday morning telephone interview. “Trump is helping her to win by proving he is more unacceptable than she is.”

Gingrich said Trump has only a matter of weeks to reverse course. “Anybody who is horrified by Hillary should hope that Trump will take a deep breath and learn some new skills,” he said. “He cannot win the presidency operating the way he is now. She can’t be bad enough to elect him if he’s determined to make this many mistakes.”

Reports that senior Republicans were planning an intervention by Gingrich, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and other Trump loyalists to try to settle the candidate were dismissed by campaign chairman Paul Manafort. He told Fox News, “This is the first I’m hearing about that.” He said the campaign is “focused,” in “very good shape” and “moving forward.”

Bret Baier says Fox News has confirmed that this intervention rumor is true.

I think Trump's the best candidate we've had in a long time tbh.

Yea he comes off as an asshole sometimes and people get butthurt about it.

But the oligarchy that has ran our country for the last however many unbelievable amount of years has no control over him - he has pretty much proved he can't be bought. He's finally reformed the republican party to move away from social issues and focus more on the working class.

I don't have a problem with it.

The democratic playbook is an open book. They know they can never make the public like Hillary Clinton no matter how much money they spend. They know most people think she is untrustworthy and should have been indicted so they have to tear down Trump. Trump cannot help them in this process.

So ed, what gingrich said...ur response

I don't like Gingrich at all but I don't have a problem with it. I think there's no doubt Trump needs to be a bit more presidential - but I don't want him to change too much.

I think it's also true that it's severely fucked up that Hillary can receive large donations from a company that supports Isis and be entirely immune from MSM criticism, while Trump can't even eat fried chicken without being attacked for it.

He'll be fine, but it's an uphill battle - the big money, power, and media are against him. He definitely has to stop self-inflicting wounds, though

"Hillary can receive large donations from a company that supports Isis and be entirely immune from MSM criticism, while Trump can't even eat fried chicken without being attacked for it."

Welcome to the republican world when running for president. The liberal MSM is always stacked against republicans.

I have always maintained the MSM wanted a Trump matchup with Clinton (Trump has always been good for their ratings as well as being the one candidate with higher unfavorables than Hildebeast) and held off in attacking Trump until now that he has the nomination. Yes they attacked him somewhat in the GOP primaries but nothing like they are doing now. Now he is the republican nominee they are fully unloading on him.

One of my favorite sentences of all time "he appeared to feud with a crying baby". Oh dear god tjat has me giggling. Snl isn't going to know what to do with themselves when tjey come back from break, theres literally too much to get to

Stuart

You giggling like a girl is not hard to imagine.

"Hillary can receive large donations from a company that supports Isis and be entirely immune from MSM criticism, while Trump can't even eat fried chicken without being attacked for it."

Welcome to the republican world when running for president. The liberal MSM is always stacked against republicans.

I have always maintained the MSM wanted a Trump matchup with Clinton (Trump has always been good for their ratings as well as being the one candidate with higher unfavorables than Hildebeast) and held off in attacking Trump until now that he has the nomination. Yes they attacked him somewhat in the GOP primaries but nothing like they are doing now. Now he is the republican nominee they are fully unloading on him.

They turned the wikileaks hack/release of the DNC collision into a story about how Trump is in cahoots with Russia.

Now that's truly amazing corruption

I like Manafort and think he is a very good strategist. One of my biggest concerns now is an unsubstantiated report (which I hope is not true) that Manafort is frustrated with Trump. My hope for Trump all along is that he would surround himself with good advisers but what if he won't listen to anyone?

Um- he's not the only one. https://gma.yahoo.com/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-called-donald-trump-express-130805299--abc-news-topstories.html#

Newt HITS Trump: ‘He is helping Hillary win by proving he is more UNACCEPTABLE than she is!’

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, one of Trump’s most loyal defenders, warned that his friend was in danger of throwing away the election and helping to make Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton president unless he quickly changes course.

“The current race is which of these two is the more unacceptable, because right now neither of them is acceptable,” Gingrich said in a Wednesday morning telephone interview. “Trump is helping her to win by proving he is more unacceptable than she is.”

Gingrich said Trump has only a matter of weeks to reverse course. “Anybody who is horrified by Hillary should hope that Trump will take a deep breath and learn some new skills,” he said. “He cannot win the presidency operating the way he is now. She can’t be bad enough to elect him if he’s determined to make this many mistakes.”

Reports that senior Republicans were planning an intervention by Gingrich, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and other Trump loyalists to try to settle the candidate were dismissed by campaign chairman Paul Manafort. He told Fox News, “This is the first I’m hearing about that.” He said the campaign is “focused,” in “very good shape” and “moving forward.”

Bret Baier says Fox News has confirmed that this intervention rumor is true.

Regarding the first bold- 100% agree.

The second? It may be focused- as I said earlier- on blasting everything in sight.

He's unified the party? (his own words) by cutting Ryan and McCain off at the knees?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-reaches-new-level-of-panic-over-trumps-candidacy/2016/08/03/de461880-5988-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

The more he comes off like an asshole, the more he's going to alienate the group he really needs to win. That's the white collar professional male segment (and female segment- they're not gonna forget your derogatory comments about Carly Fiorina!) that's usually staunchly Republican- and they more and more view him as a loud mouth buffoon. (Who still thinks he can run the United States Government like he ran The Apprentice.) He needs to learn- and fast- you just can't shoot from the hip about everything and anything. Choose your words carefully, because they will come back and haunt you. Hillary and the Dems are paying real close attention now, just looking for your spew that they can use against you.

PS BB- If you read that article- the big money Republican donors are already viewing Trump as a lost cause, and pouring their $$$ into the Senate races. At least if we hold onto the House & Senate- four years of Hillary are going to be four years of gridlock.

I've seen some polls with Trump that shock and encourage me about his chances. I saw in North Carolina for instance that amazingly Trump was polling over 30 percent with blacks. I also saw some polls he is doing better with Hispanics than expected and not doing any worse than Romney.

The democrats are going to use all the crazy things Trump has said against him to paint him as being unfit to be president. That is coming from the top with Obama on down. If they can get that perception to stick on Trump he is toast. Trump is up against a corrupt liberal MSM who will use every mistake and misstep and magnify it many times out of proportion to help any way they can to elect Hillary. So Trump needs to be careful here and not give any ammunition to the MSM to use against him. He needs to simply stay on message against Obama and Clinton, talk about his positive agenda for change, talk about the horrible job this administration has done the last 8 years and how Clinton would just be a continuation. Can Trump do it? I don't know. He hasn't done it yet.

Trump is doing something no other Republican since Reagan has been able to do. Rile up the working class labor voters.

Well he's going to need to do that without pissing off everybody else. He really needs to reach out to the unions who stand to lose greatly by the country being flooded by cheap Mexican labor.

WSS

Trump ran an unconventional campaign in the primaries that worked. His campaign defied conventional wisdom many times with him saying and doing things most thought would hurt him but they didn't. Although I had some problems with how he ran his campaign in the primaries I can't fault him when as a rookie candidate he beat out 16 professional politicians.

Maybe now is getting that winning the general election is much different than winning the GOP primary. His first clue should have been with his comments about the Mexican heritage judge being biased in his Trump U. civil case. He dropped big time in the polls after that but he was able to bounce back. Now again he has dropped in the polls after going after a Muslim gold star family. I have some problems with the politics of Mr. Khan but Trump has to be careful here. Trump even got criticized by the VFW for his comments. Trump has professionals in public relations on his staff and he should have went to them in how to respond as any response against a gold star family is filled with land mines. Got to be careful.

Archived