THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump really needs to focus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump is doing something no other Republican since Reagan has been able to do. Rile up the working class labor voters.

Well he's going to need to do that without pissing off everybody else. He really needs to reach out to the unions who stand to lose greatly by the country being flooded by cheap Mexican labor.

WSS

Exactly Brother Steve. If Trump thinks he can win without the help of the Republican Establishment- as one commentator said- he's walking down the wrong road, and it's going to be a lonely one.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/analysis-donald-trump-creates-existential-crisis-republican-party/story?id=41099138

"Evidently, Trump believes he doesn’t need the Republican establishment that resisted him for so long. He has bragged about channeling voters’ voices, and the voices he hears at his rallies still shout his name with pride and glee.

But at the moment when the Republican nominee should be expanding his appeal and looking outward, the GOP is stuck looking at itself in the mirror. A growing number of party voices do not like what they see."

That Kasich didn't even bother to show up at the GOP Convention in his home state speaks volumes about the division in the Republican Party. I don't have to be a mind reader to know John's opinion about Trump- and it isn't sour grapes.

If Trump gets routed- he's probably going to take guys like Portman and McCain down with him- if you want a REALLY scary thought- how about Clinton as president, and a Democratic majority in the House and Senate. (Though the Dems would have to flip 30 some seats in the House to make that happen.)

I'm not happy with the GOP establishment who have taken an anti Tea party attitude and not stood up for conservatives while having a majority in the House and Senate. That said Trump needs to find compromise and middle ground with them to get the party really unified going into the election. Trump takes the attitude of they have to support him because of Supreme Court nominations etc and they have no other choice...this is true to a point but why does Trump have to act like a king on a throne about this and have the attitude now you have to come and kiss the ring............so much time has been lost already and Trump should have been reaching out to conservatives right after he locked up the nomination in early May. I think there are many conservatives who would come on board if Trump would just be the bigger man and reach out to them.

Trump: 'You Have No Choice' But To Vote For Me

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7932/trump-you-have-no-choice-vote-me-aaron-bandler

I'm not happy with the GOP establishment who have taken an anti Tea party attitude and not stood up for conservatives while having a majority in the House and Senate. That said Trump needs to find compromise and middle ground with them to get the party really unified going into the election. Trump takes the attitude of they have to support him because of Supreme Court nominations etc and they have no other choice...this is true to a point but why does Trump have to act like a king on a throne about this and have the attitude now you have to come and kiss the ring............so much time has been lost already and Trump should have been reaching out to conservatives right after he locked up the nomination in early May. I think there are many conservatives who would come on board if Trump would just be the bigger man and reach out to them.

Trump: 'You Have No Choice' But To Vote For Me

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7932/trump-you-have-no-choice-vote-me-aaron-bandler

And from the article--

"The Supreme Court is one of the main arguments put forth by Trump's most ardently enthusiastic supporters, as they scream that those who are #NeverTrump are somehow being traitors supportive of Clinton."

That is patently untrue. They just don't like Trump either (probably him less than Hillary) , and wish there was a more palatable choice out there.

And from the article--

"The Supreme Court is one of the main arguments put forth by Trump's most ardently enthusiastic supporters, as they scream that those who are #NeverTrump are somehow being traitors supportive of Clinton."

That is patently untrue. They just don't like Trump either (probably him less than Hillary) , and wish there was a more palatable choice out there.

There is no other alternative for me so I'm all in for Trump. I would never vote for Clinton and I am not on board with much of what Johnson and the libertarian party stand for. Their stated choices for Supreme Court nominations are non too conservative....I don't see any other choice...I could throw my vote away and write in Cruz but what does that accomplish but help Clinton get elected.

Frankly I don't give two damns what party elites want.

Many Trump voters - including me, wouldn't show up to vote if the GOP put a Romney type up there.

As you probably realize BB- not voting or voting Libertarian is a vote for Hillary. My fear is a lot of Republicans are going to skip the Presidential ballot- because they can't stand either of them.

As you probably realize BB- not voting or voting Libertarian is a vote for Hillary. My fear is a lot of Republicans are going to skip the Presidential ballot- because they can't stand either of them.

I dont see much difference between Hillary and Bush/Romney, for example.

I think Ted Cruz is way worse than Hillary.

I probably wouldn't vote at all if we had something like Clinton/Cruz

New polls show Hillary Clinton beating Trump in key battleground states--and beating him by a lot.

New Hampshire polls have Hillary Clinton receiving 47% of the vote while Donald Trump gets 32%. And that's with third-party candidates Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in the race--take them out, and Clinton gets 51% to Trump's 34%.

The numbers in Pennsylvania have Clinton at 49% and Trump at 38%. In Michigan, it's Clinton 41%, Trump 32%.

In Florida, Clinton leads Trump 48% to 42%.

*The good news for Trump is that 61 percent of voters think Hillary Clinton is a liar but the bad news is that 62 percent think Trump is a liar.

New polls show Hillary Clinton beating Trump in key battleground states--and beating him by a lot.

New Hampshire polls have Hillary Clinton receiving 47% of the vote while Donald Trump gets 32%. And that's with third-party candidates Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in the race--take them out, and Clinton gets 51% to Trump's 34%.

The numbers in Pennsylvania have Clinton at 49% and Trump at 38%. In Michigan, it's Clinton 41%, Trump 32%.

I think it's hilarious watching the GOP try and control this guy. 6 weeks til the debates, fellas. Anything short of an indictment won't matter in November.

*The good news for Trump is that 61 percent of voters think Hillary Clinton is a liar but the bad news is that 62 percent think Trump is a liar.

There's a polling aggregate that correctly predicted the last 3 presidential elections within .3% that currently has Trump +0.9%

In their aggregation they do some fancy stuff and account for sampling - like how many more Democrats are sampled than Republicans or independents.

https://www.longroom.com/polls/#polling-infometrics

You can check out their methodology.

If one thing is for sure, the media is painting Trump as much more worse off than he actually is.

Let's hope Hillary is being over confident:

With 3 months until the general election, Hillary Clinton, the most unelectable, corrupt, unlikable candidate the Democrats could offer up suddenly feels comfortable with cutting back her active ads, leading up to the general.

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign has left Virginia off its upcoming battleground-state television ad buy beginning next week — the second state to be dropped (Colorado earlier) in recent weeks as Clinton holds a significant lead over Donald Trump nationally and in key states.

Here are a couple of other things to watch for. See whether she continues to spend money in Pennsylvania, where her lead is up to 11 points, and watch to see if she starts buying more ad time in states like Georgia, Missouri, Utah, and other red or red-leaning states. You know you're looking at a runaway if the leading candidate feels comfortable enough to start going after the other party's states, forcing him to spend resources there defending them.

There's a polling aggregate that correctly predicted the last 3 presidential elections within .03% that currently has Trump +0.09%

In their aggregation they do some fancy stuff and account for sampling - like how many more Democrats are sampled than Republicans or independents.

https://www.longroom.com/polls/#polling-infometrics

You can check out their methodology.

If one thing is for sure, the media is painting Trump as much more worse off than he actually is.

All the better to see the Brexit style reactions when they think they've got this in the bag.

Let's hope Hillary is being over confident:

With 3 months until the general election, Hillary Clinton, the most unelectable, corrupt, unlikable candidate the Democrats could offer up suddenly feels comfortable with cutting back her active ads, leading up to the general.

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign has left Virginia off its upcoming battleground-state television ad buy beginning next week — the second state to be dropped (Colorado earlier) in recent weeks as Clinton holds a significant lead over Donald Trump nationally and in key states.

Here are a couple of other things to watch for. See whether she continues to spend money in Pennsylvania, where her lead is up to 11 points, and watch to see if she starts buying more ad time in states like Georgia, Missouri, Utah, and other red or red-leaning states. You know you're looking at a runaway if the leading candidate feels comfortable enough to start going after the other party's states, forcing him to spend resources there defending them.

I can see her being overconfident- if you look at the electoral map- they have Clinton locking up California, Washington, New York, Maryland, and Massachusetts. That's 117 electoral votes right there. Trump will have to win every major contested state to have a prayer. That means Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, and North Carolina.

I can see her being overconfident- if you look at the electoral map- they have Clinton locking up California, Washington, New York, Maryland, and Massachusetts. That's 117 electoral votes right there. Trump will have to win every major contested state to have a prayer. That means Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, and North Carolina.

I can't fault Trump at all for not carrying those states. The democrats have such firm control over those states I am not sure any republican can carry them now. The rust belt states are where Trump has to flip some states and where he has the best chance. The presidential electoral map looks worse all the time for republicans although republicans have done well of late in congressional and senate races. Since 88 the republicans have only won the popular vote in a presidential election once in 04 with Bush.

The top two issues voters care about are the economy and terrorism which favors Trump. Time for Trump to get focused and start getting back on those issues instead of attacking other republicans and gold star families. If this last dust up with Khan doesn't wake up Trump to see that the general election is different than the GOP primary I don't know what will.

Those of us who are strongly opposed to Hillary's presidency should refrain from whistling past the graveyard.

We have to face the fact that nothing he says will ever get fair treatment from the media. Never.

And that same media will never Grill her over the rampant corruption of herself and the Clinton Foundation.

If he is as smart as he says he is he should have a canned answer for every issue that could possibly arise.

And the self-control to stick to it.

W

The liberal media is never going to give any republican a fair shot. That is a given. What I would like to see Trump do is when the liberal media starts asking him the questions they aren't asking of Hillary Clinton that he brings up those questions not being asked of Clinton and saying why aren't you reporting this? Instead of playing the game of always being on defense he turns it around and goes on offense.

I saw Rand Paul do this to great effect early in his primary run. For example when he was getting abortion questions and having "extreme" positions on abortions he turned the tables and said why aren't you asking the DNC about extreme positions on abortion such as abortion on demand and abortion right up until the baby is about to be delivered.

I guess the good news is for 2 days Trump has stayed on message in attacking Clinton and Obama instead of other republicans and gold star families but you can't just go making things up either:

Trump Admits He Never Saw Any Video of Money Being Unloaded from a Plane, Despite Claiming that he Did Twice

Welcome to the general election, Donald Trump. Repeatedly this week, Trump has made reference to a "top secret" video he watched of Iranians offloading money from a plane - video which they took with "military cameras" and sent to our government to embarrass them. This led many to speculate that he was blabbing information given to him in a classified briefing because no such video exists in the public domain.

Now, in the primary, the media would have been perfectly content to let this story go after his campaign's statement. But this is the general election, and so now they have actually stayed on Trump until they got an answer from him directly until he was forced to admit this morning that he just made some crap up during his speech.

Welcome to the general election, Donald. If you thought the media was tough before, you haven't seen anything yet.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/05/trump-admits-never-saw-video-money-unloaded-plane/

The liberal media is never going to give any republican a fair shot. That is a given. What I would like to see Trump do is when the liberal media starts asking him the questions they aren't asking of Hillary Clinton that he brings up those questions not being asked of Clinton and saying why aren't you reporting this? Instead of playing the game of always being on defense he turns it around and goes on offense.

I saw Rand Paul do this to great effect early in his primary run. For example when he was getting abortion questions and having "extreme" positions on abortions he turned the tables and said why aren't you asking the DNC about extreme positions on abortion such as abortion on demand and abortion right up until the baby is about to be delivered.

Look at where that got Rand Paul.

Look at where that got Rand Paul.

Actually it worked out well for Rand Paul as the MSM then was forced to ask those questions to the DNC. The MSM would not have done it if not for Rand Paul raising the issue to them....

Rand Paul may have been a much better candidate then Trump...No I would say he surely would be...I keep reading about all the republican defections and have yet to see a ground swell of new democrat voters for Trump to replace them...we are in big trouble thanks to Trump getting the nomination...big trouble.

Even more upsetting we had so many good republican candidates running this year and any number of them would be beating Clinton right now with her unfavorable rating...

Is Trump already making excuses for losing such as claiming the election is rigged? (it wasn't his fault for losing..the election was rigged) I see Hannity and others already talking defeat and ready to blame anyone but Trump himself for it.

I really can't be the only one who thinks that Hillary and the media are celebrating wayyyy too early.

I hope you are right VT..I really do. I can't stand the thought of Hillary Clinton as president with Bill as the "first gentleman"...the same Bill that is a serial sex offender.

I remember when Giuliani endorsed Trump over Cruz saying Cruz was like a fastball coming right over the plate the democrats would swat him out of the park...Trump though he said was someone different, someone Clinton and the dems had never seen before and they would not know how to deal with him as Trump would be coming at them in so many ways. In fact Trump has spent too much time attacking other republicans instead of Clinton and that strategy although something different has been a pitiful one. Now at this point in the campaign Giuliani is calling for an intervention meeting with Trump.

I hope you are right VT..I really do. I can't stand the thought of Hillary Clinton as president with Bill as the "first gentleman"...the same Bill that is a serial sex offender.

I remember when Giuliani endorsed Trump over Cruz saying Cruz was like a fastball coming right over the plate the democrats would swat him out of the park...Trump though he said was someone different, someone Clinton and the dems had never seen before and they would not know how to deal with him as Trump would be coming at them in so many ways. In fact Trump has spent too much time attacking other republicans instead of Clinton and that strategy although something different has been a pitiful one. Now at this point in the campaign Giuliani is calling for an intervention meeting with Trump.

We're 1 week into general election season, chill bruh

It would be an hysterical 4 years. Hillary lying her ass off, and stumbling all over. China and Russia laughing there asses off at the old cunt in charge. Slick Willie limp dicking interns in the WH. Big fun.

Archived