THE BROWNS BOARD

Bosa

One Post

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.

The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?

Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

Like my boy Brady Quinn.

WSS

Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.

Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.

Like my boy Brady Quinn.

WSS

If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.

Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).

And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.

So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.

I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)

I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.

I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it.

For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.

I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.

You mean if he had gone back into the draft....where would he have landed next year?

We don't have to find out.

Besides....the answer to who thinks Bosa is worthy of being the #3 pick. Everyone....because he WAS the #3 pick.

The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.

For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.

Nothing is for certain until it happens. So, check this out: here is the list of the #3 overall picks from 2005 to 2015. Tell me which ones you think lived up to the pick and which ones didn't:

2005 Braylon Edwards

2006 Vince Young

2007 Joe Thomas

2008 Matt Ryan

2009 Tyson Jackson

2010 Gerald McCoy

2011 Marcell Dareus

2012 Trent Richardson

2013 Dion Jordan

2014 Blake Bortles

2015 Dante Fowler.

The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.

Wait... What???

Wait... What???

Simple.....all pundits/evaluators say that Bosa had the talent and the college record that warranted him being taken #3 overall.

But then, so, apparently did all those guys that I listed above that were taken with the #3 pick. But how many of them have produced up to that projected level I would say fewer than half. Certainly, since the Browns had like 3 of those 10 choices it didn't work out for them 2 out of 3 times. Braylon...no. JT...yes. TR....no.

But no one knew that going in. We have to wait like 5 years to determine.

Bosa is ordinary

Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.

Kids the real deal.

Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.

Kids the real deal.

He ain't ready. He might be in great shape but he isn't in football shape.

But of just about anyone out there, he will get ready in about as short a time as anyone. He's got a game tonight, no?

Remember too daddy was a first round draft pick so he knows what's at stake and the good blood lines PLUS he played at the OSU so he's no stranger to big time football.

Question is between the ears and knocking the rust off. (and hope he's no Maronivich or Leaf and just doesn't want to do it, it happens)

lol... interesting take...

Why would they not play him otherwise? Afraid he will get hurt before the season's first real game? That would usually be the case with a starter. I guess they must not want him to get the rust off, or get some reps in in their system. Why else would they not give him a tune up?

Why would they not play him otherwise? Afraid he will get hurt before the season's first real game? That would usually be the case with a starter. I guess they must not want him to get the rust off, or get some reps in in their system. Why else would they not give him a tune up?

Cuz his MaMa said NO..& for what the FO had to pay up front why hurt his pussy now :o Pa Pa Pump!!

Why else would they not give him a tune up?

Because he's not ready? As in not in game shape and/or does not know his assignments?

Gip, he has not been around the team since OTAs.

Because he's not ready? As in not in game shape and/or does not know his assignments?

And....so sitting him in a preseason game is the way to get him in better game shape....and to get him to know his assignments. To quote you: No, just no.

How true, you can lift weights and run track all you want but you must read and get hit by guys in the other uniforms to be ready to go. And he's a rookie yet the only first rounder not signed , geezzz.

Archived