THE BROWNS BOARD

Bosa

One Post

First off there is no possibility for a trade, that ended on the 9th so stop it. I wont lie i dont understand this contract shit whatsoever nor do i want to. But from everything ive read bosa's agent isnt asking one iota more than any other 1st round pick for years. The way i heard it described is that the chargers are setting up another team to take on a portion of that bonus if he werent to wotk out in SD. But if that happens thats on SD not another team.

So basically this is all on SD. I heard a guy on the radio say bosa looked "very" good in his mini so theres no reason why SD is fucking around with him. If he goes back in the draft i would absolutely want the browns to consider him. Evidently he looked very good standing up or down, it didnt matter. Kruger will probably be gone next year so yeah why wouldnt we look at bosa "IF" he's cool coming here. Id straight up ask him look if u dont like cleveland thats fine we wont draft you.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD has had trouble with many of their first round picks in the last several decades.. Of course this is all SD, it's the owner trying to be cheap even though he's one of the richest men in the world.

Bosa offered to give either offset or their ridiculous bonus payment plan -- which is entirely SD, it's not at all normal. The offset language is normal.

The point is that the contract everyone else signs is all the bonus immediately plus the offset language... which has always been COMPLETELY acceptable to Bosa.

SD is just trying to get a couple thousand dollars extra in some investment of theirs by holding on to 15% of his bonus a little longer.. that's what this is all about. It doesn't even mean anything to Spanos and the team in terms of actual overall money return -- it's simply their way of twisting the knife and demonstrating power.

In conclusion, you go, Joey Bosa. Yes, seriously.

Chargers have been a blight on the NFL's employer-labor relationship for decades and deserve to lose him.

So glad we didnt draft this schmuck......

Didn't draft him, but would still trade for him. Our DL needs help....and likely no one we would likely get in next year's draft would be as good of a prospect as he is. ...unless maybe the Browns are "lucky" enough to snatch the #1 overall pick.

SD has had trouble with many of their first round picks in the last several decades.. Of course this is all SD, it's the owner trying to be cheap even though he's one of the richest men in the world.

Bosa offered to give either offset or their ridiculous bonus payment plan -- which is entirely SD, it's not at all normal. The offset language is normal.

The point is that the contract everyone else signs is all the bonus immediately plus the offset language... which has always been COMPLETELY acceptable to Bosa.

SD is just trying to get a couple thousand dollars extra in some investment of theirs by holding on to 15% of his bonus a little longer.. that's what this is all about. It doesn't even mean anything to Spanos and the team in terms of actual overall money return -- it's simply their way of twisting the knife and demonstrating power.

Chargers have been a blight on the NFL's employer-labor relationship for decades and deserve to lose him.

Workers unite.

So if Bosa wants to shoot himself in the foot over 15% of his bonus money- let him. Not exactly like he's gong to have to stand on a street corner with a sign- will work for money.. ESPN was taking his side, FWIW. If he wants to be a hard ass negotiating his rookie deal, I'm glad we didn't draft him -after Johnny football, we don't need any distractions this year.

Didn't draft him, but would still trade for him. Our DL needs help....and likely no one we would likely get in next year's draft would be as good of a prospect as he is. ...unless maybe the Browns are "lucky" enough to snatch the #1 overall pick.

We cannot trade for him.

So if Bosa wants to shoot himself in the foot over 15% of his bonus money- let him. Not exactly like he's gong to have to stand on a street corner with a sign- will work for money.. ESPN was taking his side, FWIW. If he wants to be a hard ass negotiating his rookie deal, I'm glad we didn't draft him -after Johnny football, we don't need any distractions this year.

If Spanos wants to shoot his team in the foot over 15% of the bonus money, let him. Don't forget: The amount in question is less than what's in Spanos' car seatcushions. If it's so insignificant, then Spanos has zero problem paying. Except, of course, he just likes the feeling [control over another human] that getting this clause would give him, were he to win out.

Bosa is not being a hard ass. He's taking the stance that he doesn't need to voluntarily give himself the worst contractual rights position of any player drafted in the first round.

Again: Bosa ACCEPTS the contract language as written on every other contract in the first round. Spanos knows this - and demands the language anyway.

Bosa would replace Carl for the most part. Joey has also shown greater lower body strength and leverage with the ability to shade inside a bit (see, 2015 season)

Yeah im thinking more than just this year or next dude. I fully expect nassib to get stronger. He can already motor around the edge. Him and bosa in 2-3 years would be a nasty DE tandem. And in 3-4 looks nassib looks like he'd be able to spell bosa as well as split time at the 5 tech

Yea...they keep referring to what other Charger players have been offered or agreed to. But they are known as about the chintziest organization around. What they offered was likely nothing like what every other team would have offered.

Hey....I personally would give them one of our first rounders that we have for next year.

Good God, isn't it fair to say that our DL needs help? After what we have seen so far in the preseason?

And Bosa bitched about Cleveland.

And the fact that the Chargers are negotiating in the media apparently tells you something about them.

If Bosa would sign here, I'd definitely make that trade. Could be a difference maker right where we need it.

or, he's one of those not so smart prima donnas that ends up not being a fit.

The Browns have been there in the past. No thanks.

I'm not seeing a special player there. We'll see.

We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

that's something you would ever consider doing? uh.......he might actually have a conscience with morals and such. lol.

Ahhh....but if we got him, the Browns would just turn him into a below average OLB.....bank it....

Bosa is in the wrong! The time to bitch for money is after the rookie contract. Isn't 17 million guaranteed what they were offering? After the league changed the salary structures for unproven rookies I thought we were done with Prima Dona's! He stinks!

OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

Cuz he's a rookie draft pick. The deadline for trading unsigned rookies was Aug 9th.

We go up against Noah Spence in Pre-season, a player we could have drafted. The Browns should have drafted Elliot, Spence and Prescott because all three would have made the team better right away. Bosa won't play for the Chargers and his mother let the cat of the bag when she went public with the "we should have demanded a trade" statement. I don't think it's about money with Bosa, I think he hates The Chargers.

OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

Aug. 9: If a drafted rookie has not signed with his club by this date, he cannot be traded to any other club in 2016, and may sign a player contract only with the drafting club until the day of the Draft in the 2017 League Year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-17-roster-cutdowns-to-53-players-is-sept-3/

All I know is... I don't want Bosa anywhere near the Browns.. If he's acting this greedy now.. What if he has a good start to his career and blossoms.. This is nothing compared to the hostage crisis He'll put the browns through on Re-negotiating a new contract.. Especially if he hires the likes of Scott Boras or Drew Rosenhaus.. No thanks.. Pass...

He's not greedy, period dot.

Bosa has already agreed to the terms of EVERY OTHER first-round pick. He's demanding to be treated equally.

Ever been passed over for a pay raise that a co-worker got - and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them? Did you happily accept lower compensation because of course employers are always beneficent, or did you demand that raise?

SD stated they were delighted with what they saw from Bosa OTAs... confirmed what they saw of him at THE Ohio State U. So he showed that much.

I am with those that do not see greed here... at least not on Bosa's part.

Archived