THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Stuff philosophy pays pretty well

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay........waiting....

for Tour's mexican hat dance to defend obamao on that one....

In other words your position is that conducting an unnecessary war "off the books" and on a credit card was completely responsible?

Cheney did famously said at the time, "Deficits don't matter"...

you mean going after terrorists after 9/11?

yes, you sound like a clone of Chamberlain. It's typical lib nonsense, you still bitch about

Bush and Cheney, and won't criticize

all the obamao crap that has been going on for eight years.

Bush kept us safe after 9/11.

Obamao is putting us all in serious danger overseas, and here.

Seriously, do you even have any idea how huge our defitict is NOW???

Have a nice day in liberal bass ackwards, ostrich head in the sand land.

I know you truly don't believe that. The decline of manufacturing due to outsourcing and a disposable consumer policy began long before 2006.

One of the left's favorite tactics is trying to coincide everything good or bad with the ousting or electing of a Democratic president. Thought I'd use your own hook.

Bubbles burst just like the band stops in musical chairs.

WSS

Posted Today, 01:04 PM

Terrorists in Iraq? You still swimming in that pantload, cal? Tour

You take out the husseins and their large factory warehouses of weapons,

and stop the flow to terrorists. I had a friend in intel over there.

You? probably salon or cnn.

You quite literally seem to have a close friend involved in every situation that involves anything ever in the existence of Earth.

One of the left's favorite tactics is trying to coincide everything good or bad with the ousting or electing of a Democratic president. Thought I'd use your own hook.

Bubbles burst just like the band stops in musical chairs.

WSS

I'm actually a Republican but don't believe in religiously governing our country or simply blaming a person, or generalized population, for our issues.

Terrorists in Iraq? You still swimming in that pantload, cal?

They had WMDs and I don't need proof I'll wave my flag in your face. Oh wait just googled the War in Iraq. We were spreading democracy you jerk, oh wait shit, Fox News just said if Hillary wins democracy is dead. We invaded Iraq because W forgot how to spell Iran.

You quite literally seem to have a close friend involved in every situation that involves anything ever in the existence of Earth Tiam

No, I keep telling the same truth over and over again in explanation.

You just have a short term memory. I do have many friends. Sorry that

probably makes you sad.

I'm actually a Republican but don't believe in religiously governing our country or simply blaming a person, or generalized population, for our issues.

In the manner that Joe Scarborough and Colin Powell are Republicans and Michael Moore is an NRA member?

Look we were going back and forth about when the big crash came about looking to blame it on Bush. I said bubbles burst. I don't recall seriously pinning something on that Phantom group of people you are worried about. But when the game of hot potato is over the finger-pointing begins.

Just curious you voted for John McCain and Mitt Romney?

You quite literally seem to have a close friend involved in every situation that involves anything ever in the existence of Earth Tiam

No, I keep telling the same truth over and over again in explanation.

You just have a short term memory. I do have many friends. Sorry that

probably makes you sad.

With how much time you devote to the garden and posting/responding to threads here - I can't see those friendships receiving much time.

One saying I heard someone say once that stuck with me was if you want to be successful watch what successful people do and copy that. Not bad advice for about anything really. I also like the saying history is many times our best teacher and those who don't learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

So why not take that common sense approach and apply that to our economy? What has always worked to stimulate the economy and promote growth? Lower taxes and less government regulations. So the democrats take the exact opposite approach of higher taxes and more and more government regulations which are all job killers and stunt economic growth.

Ireland has went from one of the poorer nations in Europe to one of the more prosperous in a short time by changing their tax codes and giving incentives for business to relocate and that is exactly what happened. It is frustrating to see the anemic economy we have that is chained down by high taxes and government regulations of our own making.

With how much time you devote to the garden and posting/responding to threads here - I can't see those friendships receiving much time.

Not an unfair point, except having been a corporate programmer/analyst and a consultant

the last few years... I still type very fast. It doesn't take me much time at all, unless

I'm tired and I make typoes and have to correct them.

right now, I am so sore in my legs it's tough to walk - I overdid, gleefully using my new knee like I really

never did before. Feels like I sprained my thigh and my groin, hurts like hell, and we still babysit, work on the flip

house, I took the old no good hay bales and made a "high walk" across the bog that floods

across the old gas line road throught the woods, made elephant ears with a great recipe, went to a

farmer's market, the gals bought a great used van for their house flipping business and I drove it home

because the very respectable auction company didn't know another replacement title was out there and

not voided so they couldn't get license, I pulled some weeds from around the strawberry plants, made scones

(what's the deal on these things? like sugar cookies with very little sugar). The elephant ears were excellent.

And watched the Browns. Went grocery shopping with the Wife, went to the dentist because apparently

I fell at a friends house, off their granite stairs and broke a tooth, so I have to go get it fixed in the morning,

I was having severe flashes of nerve pain on the outside of my new knee - usually when I drove,

or sat at the computer chair. For a couple of months, when they happened, I couldn't drive and had

to pull over. Went to the chiropractor, and she worked on outside muscles above and below my

knee and voila ! no more nerve spasms !

And I still try to read, especially while my Wife watches so much olympics...

and any time we can get together with friends, we do that, too. Had the Father-in-law from Texas

visiting, and a friend from N.C. also, ...anyways, I overdid it and I think I'm going to go jacuzzi for a while.

We keep busy, it's fun. I type fast, that's all, when I get a chance to get on, sometimes in the early morning hours.

I have a friend too who tells me the u.s govt has been in regular contact with green aliens since roswell

He's the one with the family that pretended to be something they're not so that they could get money, right? Woody

No. He is the brother to Phil Robertson. He iS part of their family. They are not pretending, ask anyone

in West Munroe about them, and they will tell you that. I have been there, and asked different places,

and the answer is, that they are very, very REAL, from the early days when Phil, Kay and their boys were poor.

Read Phil's book.

726092.jpg

which means absolutely nothing. Lebron James came from humble beginnings.

Try to sound smarter when you post. I'm getting the idea that you can't do better.

Read their books. Hell, just read ANY book for the first time ever.

A DD feud?

Nope... Trump...

"He was a bad guy -- really bad guy. But you know what? He did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights. They didn't talk. They were terrorists."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/donald-trump-saddam-hussein-iraq-terrorism/

(Nazi Popeye Cartoon)

Had never seen that... even a decent Popeye impression for 2 seconds. Pretty cool and a logical choice given all the Popeye cartoons we cranked out supporting the war.

What has always worked to stimulate the economy and promote growth? Lower taxes and less government regulations. So the democrats take the exact opposite approach of higher taxes and more and more government regulations which are all job killers and stunt economic growth.

Ireland has went from one of the poorer nations in Europe to one of the more prosperous in a short time by changing their tax codes and giving incentives for business to relocate and that is exactly what happened. It is frustrating to see the anemic economy we have that is chained down by high taxes and government regulations of our own making.

As Harry Truman might say, "The problem is that there are no one-handed economists." What I'd say is you need to look at the GDP growth chart I posted a couple days ago.

As for Ireland...

€300 billion of assets were transferred to Ireland last year, the CSO figures show. This amounts to €66,700 for each of its 4.5 million population.

However, the CSO noted that that “employment has not changed greatly as a result.”

Analysts have doubted that the figures represent the true position of the Irish economy, which emerged from a €67 billion bailout from a troika of international creditors led by the International Monetary Fund two years ago.

“The 26.3 per cent makes for a great media headline. But if the media want to go find this growth, they might as well go plane-watching at Dublin airport,” said Aidan Regan, assistant professor in the School of Politics and International Relations at University College Dublin.

In part the problem is that businesses are not "relocating"; business headquarters are relocating. As a result Irish unemployment remains high compared to that before the 2008 global recession as seen below. So whether the drop is due to their Corp Tax Slashing or a return to the pre-recession norm is open to debate.

ireland-unemployment-rate@2x.png?s=ieuer

As for regulation? Hard to think of a Pol that hasn't promised to cut them. Even harder to think of one that has. One reason they grow... lobbying for rules that hurt existing competitors and create barriers to entry for new ones...

Gotta get the money out of politics.

How Ireland pulled off an economic miracle that rivals China, India

The country has long had a reputation as one of Western Europe’s poorest nations, with a third of the population living below the poverty line as recently as the 1980s.

But the country’s recent eye-popping economic growth is making it a lot harder to ignore. The Irish economy grew 7.8 per cent in 2015, placing it well ahead of even emerging giants such as China and India. More telling is that Ireland is pulling off a quiet economic miracle as most of the rest of Europe’s economies struggle with poor credit growth, high unemployment and weak inflation.

Ireland has also hugely benefited from the large number of foreign companies that have chosen it as a location for European expansion — mainly due to an incredibly low corporate tax rate of 12.5 per cent.

http://business.financialpost.com/investing/global-investor/how-ireland-pulled-off-an-economic-miracle-that-rivals-china-india

Nope... Trump...

"He was a bad guy -- really bad guy. But you know what? He did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights. They didn't talk. They were terrorists."

http://www.cnn.com/2...iraq-terrorism/

Trouble is, Tour, CNN won't go and quote higgardly in the same manner. Back in the day, CNN - we called it

the "Communist News Network" for legit, albeit funny, reasons. That is a major trouble with Trump - his saying that

was dumb, since saddam and sons raped, tortured, also murdered thousands and thousands of inncoent people.

We had to depose them. Trouble is, so many of the opposite factions were also extremists - haters. Trump says stuff

superficially, and gets in trouble. Higgardly does it deviously worse, and she is extremely dishonest about it.

Trump needs to stop honestly but superficially knee jerking.

Archived