THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn not happy about trade rumors

Guest Aloysius

Unlike most players bq is a browns fan...its his dream to play for the browns so yeah he would be disappointed he has been nothing but jerked around by the browns since he got here so i expect he will ask for a trade which is exactly what mangini wants...but i can already assume mankoks not going to be around as long as bq has been with the browns...im starting to think mangini is a real jerk and not a very talented one at that...

i doubt it means much to him whether he's a Brown or not. if it was that important he would have reported to camp on time his rookie year.

take Bernie as an example.....now HE wanted to be a Brown. can you imagine Bernie holding out that first year for essentially the same contract?

money isn't everything.....to some. Dieken and Mathews played their entire careers for Pontbriand money--if that.

i admit i'm guessing here but you should see the point this illustrates. it's all perspective--and priorities. players that consider the NFL a business lack the heart of the players i admire IMO. leave worshipping money and themselves to the satanic.

Quinn fancies himself a "superstar". he and Warhol would've gotten along really great.

i doubt it means much to him whether he's a Brown or not. if it was that important he would have reported to camp on time his rookie year.

take Bernie as an example.....now HE wanted to be a Brown. can you imagine Bernie holding out that first year for essentially the same contract?

money isn't everything.....to some. Dieken and Mathews played their entire careers for Pontbriand money--if that.

i admit i'm guessing here but you should see the point this illustrates. it's all perspective--and priorities. players that consider the NFL a business lack the heart of the players i admire IMO. leave worshipping money and themselves to the satanic.

Quinn fancies himself a "superstar". he and Warhol would've gotten along really great.

"I want to play for the Browns"***

*** as long as I make a ton of money

I'm just think it is high risk to think one draft can replace or upgrade Quinn, Winslow, and Braylon. Here's hoping we don't start the season without all of them.

I think they are looking to salvage value, not really upgrade. One in the hand is worth two in the bush stuff.

No way they think they are getting a more talented player with TB's second and fifth than Winslow. But he's likely on his last legs and wanted the big contract that TB gave him.

There are few more physically gifted players than Edwards. But he has warts on him. If he has a mediocre year this year again (which given the state of things I think is likely) he'll be too expensive to wisely franchise and will want to get out of here and from past experience will probably be a royal pain about it.

If they are ready to ship off Quinn, it's not strictly upgrade issue. It would just be that they have strong doubts that he can be the guy and want to make a quick cut and get maximum value before they invest a bunch of starts (and $11 million) in him to show the NFL what he can't do. If Quinn gets a season and flops, his trade value goes from a first to whatever we got for Frye. The new Browns bass might think his greatest value is that he hasn't been driven off the lot yet.

To make that move would take a lot of conviction or a lot of balls considering Quinn's fan and media following and this town's irrational allegiance to QBs that they like (see post Browns careers of Kosar and Couch) and equally as irrational scorn and ridicule for QBs that replace them (see post-Browns careers of Testaverde and Garcia) .

Archived