THE BROWNS BOARD

Andy Lee Traded to Panthers

Osiris

http://nfltraderumors.co/trade-browns-trade-veteran-p-andy-lee-panthers/

Brilliant move. He decided not to put effort in trying to tackle the return man in Tampa Bay. Team played like crap as a whole. Hue's sending a message. If you don't want to put in 100%, you're gone. Don't care if you are a veteran, one of the best at your position. You're gone. Best part, is it's just a punter, so not like it's gonna impact the team all that much.

The culture change is real.

Edit: I can't believe the Browns got a fourth round pick and a punter for Andy Lee and a seventh round pick. Holy crap lol.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant move. He decided not to put effort in trying to tackle the return man in Tampa Bay. Team played like crap as a whole. Hue's sending a message. If you don't want to put in 100%, you're gone. Don't care if you are a veteran, one of the best at your position. You're gone. Best part, is it's just a punter, so not like it's gonna impact the team all that much.

Getting a consistently good punt over a consistently bad/average punt is definitely an impact. Hate the move, but if the message has to be sent, I guess that's what had to happen

Getting a consistently good punt over a consistently bad/average punt is definitely an impact. Hate the move, but if the message has to be sent, I guess that's what had to happen

On a team with an actual hope of contention? Sure. But this is the Browns. The fourth-round pick they got is worth a lot more than good punts this year.

On a team with an actual hope of contention? Sure. But this is the Browns. The fourth-round pick they got is worth a lot more than good punts this year.

Strongly disagree with all of that. In the nfl you need to be good on O, D and ST. We just lost one of the best ST players in the league.

Josh Gordon has fucked us four times. Andy Lee half asses a pre season tackle. Guess I don't have the right mindset

Josh Gordon has not fucked Hue and is not a pussy.

Mingo, Kwan and Lee were pussies and now they are gone.

That's how Hue plays it.

Z

That piss poor effort on that tackle was enough for Hue to send him down the road. That sends a huge message.

Jump forward to week 1 when Haden intentionally misses all of his tackles in the hopes of being traded haha.

Nah, Haden will miss a tackle and get a concussion in game two, so he won't need to be traded.

Is a punter not laying himself out in a meaningless preseason game that big a deal? During the season sure. But now? And if you all dont think field position is that big of a deal for this team just wait till we're punting deep in our own side of tje field 10 times a game and our punter cant get it past midfield. Oh just wait till our feared defense takes the field every time with the opposing offense already in long field goal range.

You think these past seasons have been miserable but i tell you what u guys are in for a rude one. Im being dead serious that at least agsinst the lower tier teams good punts have kept points off the board. Against tje good offenses no it doesnt matter much they're gonna run all over us. But the mediocre offenses that have problems going 80 yds even agsinst bad defenses, you watch what happens when they only need 20-30 yds to be in field goal range.

Unless we replace lee with a guy who's in that league, holy fuck this season.....holy fuck

Is a punter not laying himself out in a meaningless preseason game that big a deal? During the season sure. But now? And if you all dont think field position is that big of a deal for this team just wait till we're punting deep in our own side of tje field 10 times a game and our punter cant get it past midfield. Oh just wait till our feared defense takes the field every time with the opposing offense already in long field goal range.

You think these past seasons have been miserable but i tell you what u guys are in for a rude one. Im being dead serious that at least agsinst the lower tier teams good punts have kept points off the board. Against tje good offenses no it doesnt matter much they're gonna run all over us. But the mediocre offenses that have problems going 80 yds even agsinst bad defenses, you watch what happens when they only need 20-30 yds to be in field goal range.

Unless we replace lee with a guy who's in that league, holy fuck this season.....holy fuck

Thats where I'm at. But I do also see the pussy logic ?

right and left.

Right, We Got Lee for a 7th..Left,, We got A 2018 4th, a punter less a 7th in 2017..Now Lee, go cover your pussy elsewhere ;) Lee goes to his home in Charlotte,NC..MaMa's Boy always knows how to get home Z ;)

Thats where I'm at. But I do also see the pussy logic ?

Hey if he has a history of fagging tackles during the season, got it....but does he? I was not aware of any problems with him. In the end we let a very good punter go that at least helps mitigate the field position game. I think we can all agree that field goals are now a source of anxiety again but yet so many people said 'its just a kicker" when we let dawson go. Its not a bad thing to have competent special teams. They can help make painful seasons slightly less painful. And im telling you this young defense is gonna get dispirited quick if they have to start the series on their side of the field every drive.

I like and dislike the move. I assume this was the result of the half assing it on the punt return the other night. I like that we are saying you have to play hard in practice etc to carry over to the game sets bad example if we accept that type of play especially from a veteran, but Lee was good punter and would help the defense out with his kicking. If Hue turns this thing around no one will see this in a negative light. If he can't it will just be piled on the large pile of crap.

Edit: I can't believe the Browns got a fourth round pick and a punter for Andy Lee and a seventh round pick. Holy crap lol.

I am not sure his effort was an issue....it is getting a 4th and 7th for a punter. A good one.

Andy Lee is probably happy going from what may be one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best.

Lee was the best punter we've had in a long time but just another "sell the farm" move which I've remarked here a bunch has been the plan for day one. I don't buy for a second it was because of a lazy tackle effort in a game. It's about getting an above average value for a guy who basically had one more year left to punt on an awful football team.

I wasn't happy with Lee not even making an attempt at a tackle on the punt return for a TD and was glad to see Hue let him have it on the sidelines but I never thought they would let him go over it. Cleve makes an excellent point on field position and the difference a great punter can make. Did we just cut off our nose to spite our face here? Shaking my head on this one.

Archived