THE BROWNS BOARD

The Train is Leaving the Station

Zombo

The train may well be leaving the station but as per the norm for the Browns Stevie Wonder is the driver

It's easy to say Hue is a failure just because the Browns hired him, but that's just dumb thinking.

That's what we have Ghoolie's threads for ... you miserable fucks. Go jump in and take a swim in negativity, I'm sure it will feel great.

Zombo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited, bring on Philly.

Of course i have concerns about our secondary, maybe even the O line, but this feels different. Probably due to

Hue's attitude.

Can we put a moratorium on draft talk guys, and just watch the team grow?

Yeah I'm with Hoorta.

Frankly I'm somewhat optimistic for a couple reasons, not for this season but in the long run.

I like Hue Jackson and his apparent attitude, he seems like a positive guy and rumor has it he knows his shit.

I have no such faith in Sashi Brown a bean counter placed into a position of football management. Nor am I excited about a baseball guy picking football players on his laptop. I've never been a fan of RG3 wife it seems he's doing his best to earn his second chance.

I'm tentatively optimistic about getting more pretty good prospects we traded high draft picks for. And missing on the 2nd pick hurts a lot worse when he busts. And somewhere in the group of bodies there should be some acceptable players.

Those acceptable players should come into their own professional football wise at about the same time next year or more like the year after that or the year after that which is only the third year of a program.

If we have an entire roster full of young men who hit their stride about the same time? It could be amazing. And I think Jimmy Haslam is at least committed to 3 years.

Cutting expensive veteran players that won't be part of that program in three years makes some sense I guess. It will suck if it's only to put a few extra Mike Brown style dollars in Jimmy's pocket. It will suck if we are tanking for Deshaun Watson. Number one running quarterback is a big risk and potential huge bust.

And yes preseason is meaningless still getting your ass handed to your first team by their second team should at least raise an eyebrow.

Of course I will watch every game and expect to win every one. But it does get wearysome trying to focus on three years from now.

WSS

We're not tanking for anybody. We are just extremely young and thin in Year One of the plan ... 2016.

It is what it is. Like you, I'll be rooting for them ... and like you I have a hopeful eye on the future.

The wearisome part is over for me. The last year and a half was truly painful (not unlike the 13 years before that) ... I buried those Browns. The Cavs won a championship that will hold me over for a while, and I look forward to watching this new reincarnation of the Browns from the get-go.

Just watching Carl Nassib running around knocking people on their ass makes me smile. I choose to enjoy these Browns. It is all arrows up from here. We already survived the fall, no use still living in that misery from my perspective.

Zombo

Well, let's see ... I am happy ... you're the miserable one!

It's the exact opposite of a "dumpster dive" ... it's a rebirth.

We were 3-13 with a horrible GM, no direction, a coach with no chance and idiots like Manziel and Bowe setting the tone.

That was the dead carcass we handed Shashi and Hue. They have spent eight months trimming off the fat and rushing in young talent ... but you can't expect a miracle overnight under any circumstances (so why bitch about it?)

We are a basically an expansion team. A baby deer wobbling on young legs (so why bitch about it?)

Just enjoy it. We are moving forward. All the shit you are bitching and moaning about was caused by previous people making decisions, and previous players failing ... they are all gone, they aren't the 2016 Browns.

We are already getting pleasant surprises Oggie, Nassib, Schobert and Cam ... these guys not only only have their whole careers in front of them, locked in on rookie contracts, but they will get after the QB better than deadwood Kruger and Mingo were pretending too. We have more potential weapons at WR than we have in a long, long, time.

You can be miserable because they are going to lose football games. I choose to look at them as a rebirth, an expansion team, and enjoy the process from the beginning.

You can piss in my Wheaties all you want ... I've got a cupboard full off boxes.

All In.

Zombo

YES! YES,YES!! YES,YES,YES!!!

We finally have a direction!

I for one Love the way this train is going!

You have to look at this as a roller coaster! We have already stood in line for HOURS,and HOURS. Now we are in the train and climbing that HUEGE hill! The fun is just over the top! The taller the hill the more fun!!!

Just sit back and enjoy the ride! Why not you've already endeared the worst!

Are you riding in the front or the back?

GO BROWNS!!! ???

Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.

But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.

Here are two things we can agree on Z: "I choose to look at them as a rebirth, an expansion team, and enjoy the process from the beginning" and "Just watching Carl Nassib running around knocking people on their ass makes me smile".

Here are two things we can agree on Z: "I choose to look at them as a rebirth, an expansion team, and enjoy the process from the beginning" and "Just watching Carl Nassib running around knocking people on their ass makes me smile".

Then again an expansion team is usually allowed to pick from a pool of veterans to augment the draftees.

WSS

Then again an expansion team is usually allowed to pick from a pool of veterans to augment the draftees.

WSS

We already had a pool. Had a HOF Tackle, and Pro Bowlers at TE and CB in it among others, so I think we are ahead of the curve.

Z

Best wishes Z, but I ran out of Kool-Aid early last year . . . don't think they make that particular brand anymore.

House cleaning I like . . . looks like that call back on the Manziel/Bengal game was right, even though I backed off on it early last Season.

If they can frickin' Draft there is hope . . . time will tell, but I'm not buying anything they're selling.

Right now I'm not even sure Hue gets a second year unless things start to shape up.

Not sure we have the talent at this point.

Well, let's see ... I am happy ... you're the miserable one!

It's the exact opposite of a "dumpster dive" ... it's a rebirth.

We were 3-13 with a horrible GM, no direction, a coach with no chance and idiots like Manziel and Bowe setting the tone.

That was the dead carcass we handed Shashi and Hue. They have spent eight months trimming off the fat and rushing in young talent ... but you can't expect a miracle overnight under any circumstances (so why bitch about it?)

We are a basically an expansion team. A baby deer wobbling on young legs (so why bitch about it?)

Just enjoy it. We are moving forward. All the shit you are bitching and moaning about was caused by previous people making decisions, and previous players failing ... they are all gone, they aren't the 2016 Browns.

We are already getting pleasant surprises Oggie, Nassib, Schobert and Cam ... these guys not only only have their whole careers in front of them, locked in on rookie contracts, but they will get after the QB better than deadwood Kruger and Mingo were pretending too. We have more potential weapons at WR than we have in a long, long, time.

You can be miserable because they are going to lose football games. I choose to look at them as a rebirth, an expansion team, and enjoy the process from the beginning.

You can piss in my Wheaties all you want ... I've got a cupboard full off boxes.

All In.

Zombo

Oh I'm not miserable Z, as Pink Floyd would say- just "Comfortably Numb". The losses don't hurt me anymore- because I've come to expect them. My POV is a little different than yours. Not just for me- but guys like Gip, Cal, and Canton Mike. We're running out of next years for the Great Turnaround.

So great- we're an expansion team AGAIN!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I want to see definitive signs of progress before I get on the train. As the Who said "Won't get Fooled again". For all you know that light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming in the opposite direction. Hue might be a competent coach for a change, but can he hold the team together when the losses start piling up?

Like our departed pal Bill Bellichick said- "I can only go by what I see". Well, I saw a near complete shit show orchestrated by the Browns this preseason. It gives me zero reason for hope they can be a competitive football team in the near future. Finally, I doubt RG III is going to make much of an impact. I'm seeing the same things Ghoolie has been harping on. Like Derek Anderson, Griffin throws a nice deep ball- and that's about it. No short accuracy, holds onto the ball too long, can't read a defense, and has about zero pocket awareness. If he doesn't learn to do the Peyton Manning fetal position dive instead of getting the crap beat out of him, he won't make it to midseason.

You know who was the best quarterback on the field yesterday? Brian Hoyer.

Oh I'm not miserable Z, as Pink Floyd would say- just "Comfortably Numb". The losses don't hurt me anymore- because I've come to expect them. My POV is a little different than yours. Not just for me- but guys like Gip, Cal, and Canton Mike. We're running out of next years for the Great Turnaround.

So great- we're an expansion team AGAIN!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!! I want to see definitive signs of progress before I get on the train. As the Who said "Won't get Fooled again". For all you know that light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming in the opposite direction. Hue might be a competent coach for a change, but can he hold the team together when the losses start piling up?

Like our departed pal Bill Bellichick said- "I can only go by what I see". Well, I saw a near complete shit show orchestrated by the Browns this preseason. It gives me zero reason for hope they can be a competitive football team in the near future. Finally, I doubt RG III is going to make much of an impact. I'm seeing the same things Ghoolie has been harping on. Like Derek Anderson, Griffin throws a nice deep ball- and that's about it. No short accuracy, holds onto the ball too long, can't read a defense, and has about zero pocket awareness. If he doesn't learn to do the Peyton Manning fetal position dive instead of getting the crap beat out of him, he won't make it to midseason.

You know who was the best quarterback on the field yesterday? Brian Hoyer.

I'm a LOT more positive on Grif than you ... that may be a big part of this schism ... so .. we'll see how he does.

Zombo

And so we shall... It's called "the waiver wire."

Oh I'm not miserable Z, as Pink Floyd would say- just "Comfortably Numb".

You know what they say about Pink Floyd... you play them when the party's over.

WSS

An expansion team is ALWAYS allowed to pick from a pool of exposed players from every team in the NFL. Once teams lose players they can then withdraw some exposed players.

The BROWNS will have no such rights like they had and largely blew in 1999.

I'm with Z on this. This FO & Coaching staff are showing a consistent & positive direction. We haven't seen that in a LONG time.

As far as me running out of time, I will soon be 70 & want (& plan) to see us win a Super Bowl, but if I kick the bucket without one but seeing my Browns headed toward that dream for my Son, Grandsons, & you other young Fans, I'll rest in peace.

GO BROWNS!

Mike

ps: I'm in great health & don't plan on cashing in for quite a while! Sashi, Hue, et al have time in my book. LOL

I don't know when we'll see this again in the NFL but in general it works like this plus the new team(s) get pick 1 in the regular draft order.

An expansion draft, in professional sports, occurs when a sports league decides to create one or more new expansion teams or franchises. This occurs mainly in North American sports. One of the ways of stocking the new team or teams is an expansion draft. Although how each league conducts them varies, and they vary from occasion to occasion, the system is usually something similar to the following:

Each existing team is told it can "protect" a certain number of its existing contracted players by furnishing their names to the league office on or before a certain date. The expansion team(s) then are allowed to select players not on the protected lists in a manner somewhat similar to an entry draft. There are generally a maximum number of players that can be selected from any one team, at least without the team losing the player receiving something in compensation such as a future entry draft pick.

Teams subject to losing players usually tend to put most if not all of the players they truly need to stay competitive on the protected list. This means that the expansion franchise is usually left to choose among players who are old, injury prone, failing to develop as the teams had intended, or perhaps so highly compensated that a team wishes to remove them from the payroll. For this reason, expansion teams are often noncompetitive in their early years in a league,[1] although the advent of the free agent system has modified this somewhat.

Most teams seem to try largely to make a team which will serve until it can begin to develop its own talent, although occasionally players discarded by their old teams benefit from the change in environment and become stars, either again or for the first time.

A similar process occurs when an existing franchise is disbanded and the players contracted to it become available to the remaining teams; this process is referred to as a dispersal draft.

I'm with Z on this. This FO & Coaching staff are showing a consistent & positive direction. We haven't seen that in a LONG time.

As far as me running out of time, I will soon be 70 & want (& plan) to see us win a Super Bowl, but if I kick the bucket without one but seeing my Browns headed toward that dream for my Son, Grandsons, & you other young Fans, I'll rest in peace.

GO BROWNS!

Mike

ps: I'm in great health & don't plan on cashing in for quite a while! Sashi, Hue, et al have time in my book. LOL

Yeah my bucket list is the BROWNS winning the Super Bowl -and- the Indians beating the Pirates in the World Series!

Ok Browns pull out of the station.

Sorry Z I just can't help myself. It's just too good a setup. ^_^

Oh no, the 2016 BROWNS?

Ok Browns pull out of the station.

Sorry Z I just can't help myself. It's just too good a setup. ^_^

Don't come sniffing around me when the Browns become a loveable, young, dirtdawg type of team.

I feel like Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire and I just issued my Mission Statement.

Canton Mike is the shy but hot Secretary who's coming with me.

I think Calfox is the goldfish.

Z

Don't come sniffing around me when the Browns become a loveable, young, dirtdawg type of team.

Z

LOL! Nassib is already one of those lovable, young, dirtdog types. Sorry, but I like him already. Just get 10 more for this D just like him. Ogbah too has it but they both need to be in a 4-3. And I'm kind of taking a shine to Kirksey too. Has potential.

Z

I like goldfish. Even Cal, Mike and you. Damn Sunshine pumpers.

Never seen Jerry Maguire- in general, I hate Tom Cruise- if you want to talk overrated actors, he's at the top of the list.

Me, Mud, and Ghoolie have the "Fair and Balanced" position.

Yay!!! We are now the lovable losers- just like the Cubs. You only have 50 years to wait until the Browns are good. :) :) :)

Never seen Jerry Maguire- in general, I hate Tom Cruise- if you want to talk overrated actors, he's at the top of the list.

Yay!!! We now the lovable losers- just like the Cubs. You only have 50 years to wait until the Browns are good. :) :) :)

On record as NOT a Cruise fan, but if you haven't seen Jerry Maguire, but have seen every troll and hobbit movie ever made, that tells me something right there.

Guess what? We are already the Cubs, been so for years. Bernie Kosar was Ernie Banks and Sashi Brown is Theo Epstein.

Wish us the best. You are one guy that I will let jump on the bandwagon at the last minute. OK, anyone without "Tex" in their screenname, actually.

Z

I like goldfish, we have big koi in our waterfall pond, too.

but, I'd rather be a sea turtle - they are majestic, awesome, like one I followed off Maui.

The Browns are ready to GRAB SHELL THIS SEASON !

https://youtu.be/LJEDtKnghIY

There's my man. It's not a rant until Cal blesses it.

Every one of you mofos will look back fondly on 2016.

We will chuckle about it when President Griffin is dedicating Mr. Nassib's statue outside the Factory of Gladness.

Z

I like goldfish, we have big koi in our waterfall pond, too.

but, I'd rather be a sea turtle - they are majestic, awesome, like one I followed off Maui.

The Browns are ready to GRAB SHELL THIS SEASON !

https://youtu.be/LJEDtKnghIY

Some may call you Dory. Others maybe Nemo. But it's football season POOF "Crush" the Turtle B) DUDE!!

Archived