THE BROWNS BOARD

In Hue we trust..? Hue was ALL IN on Goff

Adoug319

Well it doesn't seem like any worse idea then remove and replace everybody from the backup punter to the president every two years.

WSS

Doesn't seem like a significantly worse plan than shitcanning everybody from the ball boy to the president every two years.

WSS

Really wanted to make the point eh? ;)

Doesn't seem like a significantly worse plan than shitcanning everybody from the ball boy to the president every two years.

WSS

oh i agree, BUT you gotta wonder why some of these guys keep their jobs for decades whereas some get canned after a bad game.

hey, i hope hue works out. i hope the browns win the super bowl. i hope that the factory of sadness will cease to exist.

i hope...............

(unicorns and leprechauns...yippee!!!)

fisher has got to be sucking someone's dick to be keepin that job for as many years as he has.

It took Jeff 5 years to build the Oiler/Titan franchise into a contender. He took it to its first SB and ended up a yard short of winning it. He did not "ruin" Steve McNair who was his QB for 9 years that included two of the team's three periods of contention.

Through many subsequent ebbs and flows, much of it searching for a franchise QB, he left his first HC job with a winning record. He's in his fifth year with the Rams.

He's a good HC.

"winners"... plural?

In that case there is exactly one great HC currently in the NFL... and he has 4.

Would have been one other, but he was fired at the end of 2015 season.

Something tells me Fisher has a lot to do with the lack of QB development. I was watching the Ram/Chiefs preseason game and the Rams commentators were noticing that Foles looked a lot more comfortable one week in KC than he ever did with the Rams. Makes you wonder if its a Fisher thing.

I think it is. Fisher should have probably been out with the Rams, but with their move to LA and Fisher being a USC product they were willing to live with him a while.

Rams will fight the 49ers to finish last in that division.....then the Rams owner may ditch Fisher.

The Rams are taking the opposite approach with Goff as the Eagles are with Wentz. I heard an analyst this morning on the radio that said Goff isn't doing that poorly at all, and the Rams just want to take their time with him as much as possible. I wouldn't judge anything by Goff being inactive.

Conversely, if Wentz and the Eagles beat the Browns week 1, and history says they will, get ready to hear ALL ABOUT IT for days. Keep in mind that Wentz didn't even PRACTICE with the starters until Monday. He played just a little in the first preseason game before sustaining a rib fracture. How the Eagles can throw a rookie QB into week 1 that came from a small school is beyond me. They must really be high on him. And it never hurts when you're playing the Browns I guess. Eagles will be running the ball, and then running some more.

Eagles will be running the ball, and then running some more.

Couple of decent TEs, Celek and Ertz, on their roster so a lot of those runs will likely come behind sets including both of them.

Couple of decent TEs, Celek and Ertz, on their roster so a lot of those runs will likely come behind sets including both of them.

Been saying it for years..In past years we have not been able to cover a TE anywhere on the field for shi$. Now add in we don't cover RB's either coming out of the backfield Sproles & Varner. Than Wentz to dink underneath from Coaches no risk offense.It actually feels good to say "personal change maybe good". Could not get much worst :ph34r:..Time for some good old fashion Baby Steps weekly imo..

The Rams are taking the opposite approach with Goff as the Eagles are with Wentz. I heard an analyst this morning on the radio that said Goff isn't doing that poorly at all, and the Rams just want to take their time with him as much as possible. I wouldn't judge anything by Goff being inactive.

Goff is a moron. He has no clue which side of the country the sun rises on (east or west). But from a football standpoint, he's not ready. The guy has never in his life called a play in the huddle and never taken a snap from under center. He was drafted first overall and is a project. Not a whole lot different than our own Tim Couch. He might turn into a good player but he's nowhere near ready to play for someone drafted in the number 1 overall position.

I heard an analyst this morning on the radio that said Goff isn't doing that poorly at all, and the Rams just want to take their time with him as much as possible. I wouldn't judge anything by Goff being inactive.

I don't know which analyst you heard, but I live in SoCal and Goff is struggling, and that is being kind. The only way he sees the field this year is if the Rams are 3-7 and Jeff wants to get him reps in a meaningless season.

Nothing gets a coach fired faster than potential, especially when it's taken in the 1st round.

I don't know which analyst you heard, but I live in SoCal and Goff is struggling, and that is being kind. The only way he sees the field this year is if the Rams are 3-7 and Jeff wants to get him reps in a meaningless season.

Nothing gets a coach fired faster than potential, especially when it's taken in the 1st round.

Case Keenum looks more ready and like a better leader.

Goff to me doesn't look like a born leader, but more of like a spoon-fed rich kid. I'm not saying I dislike the guy, but has he struggled at all in his life? Keenum beat him in the preseason in all aspects and wants the starting job more. It seems like Goff would be cool being a backup for a few years (and maybe forever)

Archived