THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I'd like to see a Forum rule requiring a poster to document their urging us to take a given player before the draft, if they want to lament passing over him. I would be willing to accept up to a week after the draft.

Also useful would be an expiration date... say the length of a rookie contract, 4 years... with a 5th year option for 1st rounders...

Quit rearranging the outdoor furniture on The Titanic & Pay Jimmy Garopolo as our QB & start drafting the other missing bondo (Known as Playmakers)

For the record... I had your back. Although I had missed the bit about the Titanic in your original post... ;)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% in on taking the top qb next year.

Here's the thing Cal- and this goes for Zombo and Flugs too. Apparently some people are having extreme difficulty understanding my POV. (Mud has the same, but he's keeping a real low profile currently) I've seen way too many blowups in the FO and coaching staff. So we've torn it all again- did Sashi and Depo give you a written guarantee that it's going to be different this time? Sorry- my trust that they know what they're doing is going to have to be earned . No Front Office is perfect, but at this point they're not above criticism. End of discussion. As the Who sung- "Won't get Fooled Again".

A fair point of view.

I'd like to see a Forum rule requiring a poster to document their urging us to take a given player before the draft, if they want to lament passing over him. I would be willing to accept up to a week after the draft.

Also useful would be an expiration date... say the length of a rookie contract, 4 years... with a 5th year option for 1st rounders...

For the record... I had your back. Although I had missed the bit about the Titanic in your original post... ;)

OK-I'm claiming Myles Garrett right now if he is there when we have a pick and instead trade out of the spot once again or take someone else. I'll take you up on the 4 year offer.

and then you use Gilbert, Taylor, Weeden and Manziel as the examples of "why" this is a good idea????.....for real?

Do you realize they are ALL the results of trade backs???....exactly the great idea you're saying this FO came up with?.....Mud

Mud - here's what I don't get - the new criteria that the Browns drafted the last draft with..

they would NEVER HAVE DRAFTED any of those guys. None of them fit the new Browns coaches and fo's criteria.

WTH? It isn't that they also traded back - it's that they draft for LOVE OF THE GAME, INTELLIGENCE, FOOTBALL IQ,

CHARACTER and WORK ETHIC (and THEN physical talent).. along with the limited stupidass criteria that other browns coaches etc have used.

Hue and CO., this FO would never have drafted Gilbert, Taylor, Weeden, or Manziel. They were NOT a fit - to build a lockerroom

and team with.

NOW, dammit, look at the last draft. Every single one of their draft picks met every criteria you can come up with...legimately.

Yet we have several people who wail regardless, just because they haven't started winning yet.

The present is different than all the years previous - poor drafts have killed the Browns chances to be winners.

I've understood the wailing about the past for a while, but now i seems to be in every thread, and every time posters ignore

the difference in the last draft, and the excitement and fun a real TEAM is having.

They just haven't starting winning yet. No reason to raise negative hell on earth. Now, late in the season, I could see

being frustrated to an agonizing point. But this soon - seems like a bunch of baloney to me.

when the Browns had to make a LOT of changes quickly....how the hell are they able to do that without a trade down?

I don't see the negativism about previous trade downs. They wasted those picks - draft players who didn't love the game,

were not smart, and had serious character problems. Some just didn't care. Josh Gordon admitted he was immature

and didn't care much, didn't work much. The new difference is there, for the first time since '99. That's a fact.

Archived