THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you.
  • Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.
  • Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ...
  • For the record, I got that, but since it was my quote that served as your springboard...
  • Not worried... just restating the facts of Nassib that I am already on record saying.
  • If true, since you haven't passed me (or run over me), then you must be on the wrong track... :o

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past is past- and Ray has been Farmed out, as was Phil Savage and a host of other losers. Just saw one of the guys that The Hoorta was screaming we should take (Ladainian Tomlinson) got nominated for the HOF. (He's not the only potential HOFer that was still on the board when we drafted either.) If they had listened to my sage drafting acumen, we wouldn't have had to deal with the Quinn Fags, Wee-Dones, or Johnny Juicers either. Yes Mr. Zombo that's why the Browns have continued to suck- they have drafted like shit, and drafted shit. Like Jeremiah Pharms arrested for robbery before he ever made it to training camp, and the very forgettable Beau Bell. Mohamed Massive Drop, Brian Slowbiski, Davie Veikune, the list is almost endless. But I'm seeing faint signs of hope from this draft class. Judgement reserved.

:):):) I know we're going to be good, maybe even really good, come 2018 season. I'm not bitching about how bad we're going to be this year- just being realistic, and sort of laughing through the growing pains. I've resigned myself to the Dumpster Dive for one of the Ds. No sense getting upset or losing sleep over it.

To put it in Ghoolie terms- I'm sort of worried about our Fatass Samoan Danny. He's not looking like a dominant first round pick right now.

Nurse Ratched wants to know if you want some cheese with that whine Cheswick.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Cheswick+wants+his+cigarettes+youtube+video#id=2&vid=97ae47183f643562cebcc62bfc30959c&action=view

While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.

Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.

Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.

Zombo

I'll give you a live report Sunday night on what the team looked like.

The bar car on this train is extremely well stocked. I may stay on this train all offseason.

If the football is lousy- the booze is good.

Aw- all hurtsies when I'm just stating facts? The past may have nothing to do with the current incarnation of Browns coaching staff and Front Office- but it has everything to do with my attitude towards it. I've seen way too many reboots to get excited and emotionally involved- until I see definite progress. Just because a couple of the new guys looked good week one doesn't cut it. In case you didn't notice- we got our asses kicked last Sunday by a a completely green rookie quarterback.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/

PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.

===================================

In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.

Top offensive grades:

LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1

RG John Greco, 77.0

LT Joe Thomas, 76.3

WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5

HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9

Veteran lineman run the show

Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.

Top defensive grades:

Chris Kirksey, 83.2

Demario Davis, 78.9

Jordan Poyer, 76.4

Joe Haden, 75.9

Danny Shelton, 72.7

Interior should be improved

New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.

Great read Chris!

We had the score as close as 13-10 in the 3rd quarter before1 bad shotgun snap ignited a 9 point swing. Later in the game when we were deep in our own territory, we HAD to go for it on 4th down. We didn't make it so Philly scored another TD against deflated sails. As these guys get used to working together - I see no reason that can't get better at handling adversity.

The only time I thought our defense was unacceptable was on Philly's first drive of the game. Then we saw more of Nassib, Ogbah and others. Kindred looks like a breath of fresh air putting anyone he touched on the ground. Love that kid! The only tackle I saw him miss was when he blitzed causing the QB to side-step him into one of Kindred's teammates for a sack. Imagine drafting a defensive player or 2 or 3 or 4 that can actually tackle somebody with the football after first identifying such an ability exists on film. Just out of curiosity, which one of our newcomers looked like he couldn't tackle?

I think these were all our brand new starters in the positions they played last week:

WR - Pryor

WR - Coleman

C - Erving

RT - Pasztor

QB - RG3

OLB - Schobert

ILB - Jones

SS - Campbell

Punter - Colquitt

Kicker - Murray

Newbies that rotated in with starters:

DE - Nassib

DE - Ogbah

S- Kindred

I think these were all our brand new starters in the positions they played last week:

WR - Pryor

WR - Coleman

C - Erving

RT - Pasztor

QB - RG3

OLB - Schobert

ILB - Jones

SS - Campbell

Punter - Colquitt

Kicker - Murray

Newbies that rotated in with starters:

DE - Nassib

DE - Ogbah

S- Kindred

If you want to say mistakes killed us- well OK. Not getting a first down in the first quarter- not very impressive. The advanced breakdown says Griffin stunk- but I didn't need that to realize it. Ha Erving thought the guy in the Browns jersey in the first row of the end zone was the guy he was snapping to.

Nope... no assurances whatsoever... but this is a different FO, so there are also no assurances that they will repeat the errors past FOs.

This is the type of "glass half-full/half-empty" issue I think Z may have been getting at... Personally, I see half a glass of water.

Different FO? Last I looked 2016 was this FO. I was talking about trading out of Wentz, passing over Prescott and taking a 5-6 rounder like Kessler in round 3. That's on the current FO and I fear they will repeat that same process by trading out of likely an extremely good draft spot yet again.

As it stands I see no sure fire franchise QB. Yet..

Are you tired of the draft, develop & Groom Bla,Bla bullshit of a Rookie QB? Jump on the Jimmy G train to Cleveland :o ...Might be his last 3 times to shine before he pulls a Tyrod Taylor. Cause Garopolo will not be at next season camp for 800k..Go Jacoby Bissette & Yes Brady you can play forever..Damn Bellycheck, we have got some picks just for you..Pay the Man!!..Somebody will :ph34r:

Here's the problem - booze is a depressant. So, you whiners get all pouty and bitchy about the past,

and you can't give the new present a chance.

They finally have a consistent, LEGIT criteria for drafting and signing players.

The smartness of the new direction of the Browns is obvious to anybody who will give

them a chance.

Come on, Mr. Hoorta - Shelton is a NT. Did you see him drive his guy into the backfield and trip up the play vs the Eaglets?

He has been doing it in training camp, and the first game. You act like it's midseason. Yo- he isn't a DE or a LB, dammit.

You whining dervishes will be eating crow when the Browns start winning. You want friesies with that?

Crow Busters - Crow Recipes
www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html
Cook in boiling salt water for 10 minutes. Alternately put corn (3 pieces), green peppers (3 pieces) and cherry tomatoes (3) along with 4 pieces of crow meat on each skewer. Use 1 mushroom to top each skewer. Brush with melted butter and place on preheated grill for about 4 minutes.

If you want to say mistakes killed us- well OK. Not getting a first down in the first quarter- not very impressive. The advanced breakdown says Griffin stunk- but I didn't need that to realize it. Ha Erving thought the guy in the Browns jersey in the first row of the end zone was the guy he was snapping to.

I typed what I wanted to say which is why you carefully refrained from cutting and pasting it. Like I said, we had the score as close as 13-10 in the 3rd quarter before1 bad shotgun snap ignited a 9 point swing. Most people could tell what team was coming off 7 wins and which one was coming off 3 wins in order to understand we wouldn't be ready to overcome that kind of adversity just yet.

You predicted we'd be lucky if we won 1 game so why are you more surprised and disappointed than I am about losing our 12th consecutive opener especially if this was the RG3 you foretold?

Just answer the question - do you want some cheese with that whine?

If you still think that's whining, I can't help you. I like to have a lot of wine during games- it helps dull the pain of lousy football. :)

Here's the problem - booze is a depressant.

They finally have a consistent, LEGIT criteria for drafting and signing players.

Either Dory just found Nemo? or Woody has got some Toy Stories to tell ;) See ya in 2 years..

Different FO? Last I looked 2016 was this FO. I was talking about trading out of Wentz, passing over Prescott and taking a 5-6 rounder like Kessler in round 3. That's on the current FO and I fear they will repeat that same process by trading out of likely an extremely good draft spot yet again.

Ag, the Sunshine train doesn't want to hear, much less even think about that kind of stuff. We'll give 'em some time though.

If you still think that's whining, I can't help you. I like to have a lot of wine during games- it helps dull the pain of lousy football. :)

Looking at your last sentence - you haven't exactly been helping yourself either. My guess is you need to take care of the second thing before you can take care of the first thing.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=Analyze+This+the+first+thing+or+the+second+thing+youtube+video#id=1&vid=377aa17fe81b8b939aad50f2767dcaf4&action=click

Here's the problem - booze is a depressant. So, you whiners get all pouty and bitchy about the past,

and you can't give the new present a chance. And the past has made me hesitant to embrace the present- until I see some damn progress. 1-17 in openers sure was a blast from the past, no? Back to quarterback #25, we may see #s 26 and 27 before the year is over.

They finally have a consistent, LEGIT criteria for drafting and signing players. and you would know that how?

The smartness of the new direction of the Browns is obvious to anybody who will give

them a chance.

We're giving them a chance- haven't you noticed? I think Ag duly noted things we're not too happy about. 20\20 hindsight is making it look like R- G(lass) III was a Hue-mongous mistake too.

lol speakin of RGIIIglass... didn't it seem like RG ran into the guy unnecessarily? and the guy he hit

was standing just out of bounds ?

I'd go back and look, but it's just too annoying. He could have slid.....

I'm hoping for a star qb draft pick next year. RG seems to buckle under pressure or something. He just doesn't see

the field quickly. Was hoping he'd have started to...

here is an interesting fact I saw on the NFL channel.

The Jags are 0-8 when Bortles has thrown for 300 or more yards.

And, note that the titans got their super qb last year, and were in the top

draft spot.

It's a team game, you have to build your overall quality of players and depth, or getting

a bigtime qb doesn't help you do diddley.

and Bradshaw was nearly booed out of Pittsburg, by his own admission, back in the day.

lol speakin of RGIIIglass... didn't it seem like RG ran into the guy unnecessarily? and the guy he hit

was standing just out of bounds ?

I'd go back and look, but it's just too annoying. He could have slid.....

I'm hoping for a star qb draft pick next year. RG seems to buckle under pressure or something. He just doesn't see

the field quickly. Was hoping he'd have started to...

100% in on taking the top qb next year.

Here's the thing Cal- and this goes for Zombo and Flugs too. Apparently some people are having extreme difficulty understanding my POV. (Mud has the same, but he's keeping a real low profile currently) I've seen way too many blowups in the FO and coaching staff. So we've torn it all again- did Sashi and Depo give you a written guarantee that it's going to be different this time? Sorry- my trust that they know what they're doing is going to have to be earned . No Front Office is perfect, but at this point they're not above criticism. End of discussion. As the Who sung- "Won't get Fooled Again".

If you want to pretend the final verdict is in on the 2016 rookie QB crop, then be my guest. Both have a decent shot at looking very good this week as well. And I say that as a charter member of Dak-Backers and a Wentz skeptic who's just looking at half a glass of water.

when I saw the expanded, really smart new criteria for the NFL draft...

I knew we were on the right track. When I heard accolades about Hue from around the league,

and where he's been a coach...

that added to my conviction. When I saw the difference, for the first time since '99, in the upbeatness,

the fun, and all in of the practices, including the fast pace and how the players were having fun out there...

it was completely different that the previous years boredom and molasses slow pace. And quiet.

This Browns situation is the right one, finally. Watch and see.

Are you tired of the draft, develop & Groom Bla,Bla bullshit of a Rookie QB? Jump on the Jimmy G train to Cleveland :o ...Might be his last 3 times to shine before he pulls a Tyrod Taylor. Cause Garopolo will not be at next season camp for 800k..Go Jacoby Bissette & Yes Brady you can play forever..Damn Bellycheck, we have got some picks just for you..Pay the Man!!..Somebody will :ph34r:

Can someone translate this for me?

You just wanted everyone fired like always and you're right back to it. That's nothing like Mud. He just doesn't want to hear it from people that would allow him to bigger picture what's wrong. Now what we're you saying about you not getting fooled again?

You

Like hell. Where did I ever say I wanted everyone in this current incarnation FIRED? Again- you're reading something into that's flat out not there. I damn clearly said- they're going to have to prove they're worthy of trusting what they're doing. That's a country mile away from wanting the whole crew sent packing after they've only coached one game and had one draft. AND I don't have to like everything I've seen them do so far either.

Here's the thing Cal- and this goes for Zombo and Flugs too. Apparently some people are having extreme difficulty understanding my POV.

Who's kidding who? Some of those you accuse have been reading you since 1998. You've always wanted to fire the Front Offices and Head Coaches. You wanted everyone fired last year. This year you wanted Jimmy to clean house as early as week 2 of the preseason.

Who's kidding who? Some of those you accuse have been reading you since 1998. You've always wanted to fire the Front Offices and Head Coaches. You wanted everyone fired last year. This year you wanted Jimmy to clean house as early as week 2 of the preseason.

No need to be argumentative Tom. I'm as entitled to my opinions as you are to yours. LOL, fire everybody? Haslam and before that Lerner did a pretty good job of cleaning house every 2 years or so, sometimes even less. You really think poor little old me had anything to do with it? Maybe it would have turned out a little better if Jimmy hadn't been listening to street people about Manziel. Yeah- maybe you might remember I was the #1 no way in hell Johnny camp, since you want to bring up the past.

Regarding cleaning house this year? Oh really? This year? That was Ghoolie- you're seriously confused. BTW, I scrolled through my posts all the way back to August 1st- and there isn't ONE DAMN WORD about firing anyone, so drop it already. Last year, I felt Pettine had lost the team- no thanks to Manziel. We'll see if Mike resurfaces in the future after taking a year off collecting that nice unemployment check Jimmuh wrote him to get him out of town. Farmer's draft record speaks for itself.

Sorry if I'm not buying what the Browns are selling this year- until I see if it's worth buying. That's only about the 50th time I've said so. This year's model? I need some assurances it's not like last year's model. #51- sheeze. I'll know a little more Sunday after I take that 220 mile road trip up to the Factory of Sadness. Golly gee- 29% of America agrees with me- they're taking the Ravens in Yahoo's Survivor pool.

Can someone translate this for me?

Quit rearranging the outdoor furniture on The Titanic & Pay Jimmy Garopolo as our QB & start drafting the other missing bondo (Known as Playmakers)

Quit rearranging the outdoor furniture on The Titanic & Pay Jimmy Garopolo as our QB & start drafting the other missing bondo (Known as Playmakers)

Gumby, that may actually be an option to explore if the next draft class is a bummer at QB.

This last draft we traded back and added draft volumes to 2016, 2017 and 2018 understanding the previous Browns would see first round picks like Gilbert, Taylor, Manziel, Weeden, Richardson not amounting to anything. Longer term studies showed a guy like Braylon (drafted #3 overall the same year we could have traded back as far as the 20s for Aaron Rodgers) or even KWII could get seriously injured to the extent of missing considerable time and action early on in the career to injuries. We lost a pick trading up for Winslow in a year we could have added a pick trading back for Roethlisberger. At 1 point, this 1st round investment missed 2 of his first 3 years. Somehow today all this blame seems to be going to the brand new front office and coaching staff.

Now that a different approach came along thinking "what if we don't put all our marbles into just 1 draft pick? What if we looked at NE's model and traded back for bigger draft volumes every year?" Kind of like setting the gridiron chess table around the QB so either a Matt Cassell or Jimmy the Greek can work if Brady can't suit up? Another thing they did well was track guys they saw with potential on opposing teams like Wes Welker when he was a Dolphin or Chris Hogan as a Buffalo Bill or even Amendola. I'm hoping our front office does stuff like this too.

1 player ain't fixing this all by himself. I'm not a big Jeff Fisher fan but I get what he's doing at QB right now. If anyone watched the Rams, maybe Fisher isn't playing his 1st overall pick at QB because he'd like to see him survive until a second season the way he once did that for Air McNair in his rookie season. It's like they're paying a Hollywood stunt man to take the pounding and respond like a Faber College frat boy with "thank you sir may I have another!" There's actually QBs like McNair, Brady, Aikman, Young, Elway, Simms and others that either didn't play at all their rookie seasons or got clobbered/humbled/concussed for doing so.

Gumby, that may actually be an option to explore if the next draft class is a bummer at QB.

This last draft we traded back and added draft volumes to 2016, 2017 and 2018 understanding the previous Browns would see first round picks like Gilbert, Taylor, Manziel, Weeden, Richardson not amounting to anything. Longer term studies showed a guy like Braylon (drafted #3 overall the same year we could have traded back as far as the 20s for Aaron Rodgers)

We lost a pick trading up for Winslow in a year we could have added a pick trading back for Roethlisberger. At 1 point, this 1st round investment missed 2 of his first 3 years. Somehow today all this blame seems to be going to the brand new front office and coaching staff.

Now that a different approach came along thinking "what if we don't put all our marbles into just 1 draft pick? What if we looked at NE's model and traded back for bigger draft volumes every year?"

Say what?.....Cmon Flugel.....""NOW that a different approach came along""??????.....as if this regime has created the brilliant idea to trade back???....and then you use Gilbert, Taylor, Weeden and Manziel as the examples of "why" this is a good idea????.....for real?

Do you realize they are ALL the results of trade backs???....exactly the great idea you're saying this FO came up with?.....

We gave up Kmack to get Gilbert....Gave up Julio Jones to get Phil Taylor.....etc etc....yet, you say Gilbert and Taylor are the reason it's a "good" idea to trade back?

Quality or quantity.....which is best?.....(trick question, be careful)(hint: it's quality)

Its ridiculous to assert that this FO is brilliant for doing EXACTLY what the previous ones did....including Farmer.....or that this is a "new approach".....pshaww

In fact, the war cry has been STOP passing on great talent to get lots of mediocre talent....yet, that is EXACTLY what happened this year.....again....

Ive stopped posting because Im tired of getting slammed for just pointing out the truth(in my eyes), because the truth "apparently" makes me a negative cry baby....yet, when I keep reading made up fiction, like above, I gotta call you out on it....

Say what?.....

Ive stopped posting because Im tired of getting slammed for just pointing out the truth(in my eyes), because the truth "apparently" makes me a negative cry baby....yet, when I keep reading made up fiction, like above, I gotta call you out on it....

Say what?.....Cmon Flugel.....""NOW that a different approach came along""??????.....

I said I understood where you are coming from. What part of that disappoints you?

Different approach in the sense of trading back for a large draft volume of 14 this year. When in recent years have we added 14 draft picks in 1 draft? That's not different?

Archived