THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Agree... more a comment on the throw (if you can call it that) than the catch.

Also agree... just pointing out that there was another significant factor...

Browns "drives" were:

1. 3 and out / 2. 3 and out / 3. 4 and out (counting the fake punt) / 4. 9 and TD / 5. 7 and INT / 6. 4 and Halftime

7. 4 and FG / 8. 1 and Safety / 9. 5 and out / 10. 3 and out/ 11. 3 and out / 12. 3 and out / 13. 3 and end of game

Eagles drives were:

1. 10 and TD / 2. 7 and out / 3. 5 and missed FG / 4. 4 and FG / 5. 3 and out / 6. 10 and FG

7. 7 and out / 8. 9 and TD / 9. 6 and out / 10. 4 and out / 11. 10 and out / 12. 6 and TD

Now that I figured out (with a couple calls to tech support) where Sunday Ticket Short Cuts disappeared to- I'll chart Griffin's misfires later on tonight. (Not that it matters much anymore). :) The hoorta has graduated to assistant adjunct professor of enology at the University of Dayton. First class tonight. Helping out with a wine appreciation course. It's obviously the most popular class on campus. The Young 'uns sign up for it as freshmen, hoping they'll be off the waiting list by the time they're seniors. Only prerequisite- you have to be 21.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I figured out (with a couple calls to tech support) where Sunday Ticket Short Cuts disappeared to- I'll chart Griffin's misfires later on tonight. (Not that it matters much anymore). :) The hoorta has graduated to assistant adjunct professor of enology at the University of Dayton. First class tonight. Helping out with a wine appreciation course. It's obviously the most popular class on campus. The Young 'uns sign up for it as freshmen, hoping they'll be off the waiting list by the time they're seniors. Only prerequisite- you have to be 21.

Can you teach your class up here? For my son's major in molecular biology at Kenyon (I think it was part of his major), he took a class on microbrewing. A far more scientific process than people may think. I assume the same is true of wine.

1.Hue was the only one to stand behind Wentz at his pro day..2.0 FA's resigned by Sashi due to Farmers stupidity handling. 3.With RG3 on board, the decision was made to Steal from Philly. 4.It's game 1 of Wentz, till we plug in names in draft it's only a attempted robbery..Bet Hues $$ is on not trading down in 17.Hue must take Top Talent now.. Sashi's had his day & way in 2016..Hope for the best..(who was that guy that would never draft a top WR? well volume may work or not at this point)

Still don't know how any of that supports drafting Corey Coleman at #15.

Honestly.. STFU. Take a year off. Watch the rewind. Haden made plays.Our OL pass protection did not give up a sack till 3rd Quarter adjustments not matched by us. Than with time & score, both sides of the ball up front were gassed..Some hope for better around here but, you have not 1 post of a real fan..Get off Our Lawn!!

There weren't sacks early on because RGIII was throwing short routes for the most part. When he had to hold the ball to let things develop it broke down several times. Paztor got fucking turtled on one and even Thomas got ran around on another. Haden made two good plays, got lucky that there wasn't a hold call and got burned on a couple. He is still our best DB and but he isn't a top 5 corner.

If it were me, I would (drop Haden and Thomas). They've obviously made the calculation that keeping a few (a number you could literally count with one hand) is valuable to the development of the younger guys. You're telling me if we dumped Thomas and Haden you'd stop crying like a woman? Yeah, sure.

If you didn't buy the BS, then what the hell are you mad about?

I love how you guys crow about how we suck so bad (which is true), but are using a game against our defense as validation that Wentz is awesome. Hilarious.

Can't drop Haden or Thomas, you have to reach the salary floor in the NFL which is $85 million, got to pay someone.

Can you teach your class up here? For my son's major in molecular biology at Kenyon (I think it was part of his major), he took a class on microbrewing. A far more scientific process than people may think. I assume the same is true of wine.

It's both an art and a science. My favorite guy is Joel Peterson who used to own Ravenswood- he got bought out for $50 million. A Med Tech like me. Background in chemistry and microbiology. Terry Leighton of Kalin has a PhD in Microbiology. University of California- Davis offers advanced degrees in both winemaking and grape growing. Having made wine myself, it's mighty hard to figure out what the end product is going to taste like during the fermentation process. when all you can taste is liquefied yeast.

Regarding beer- to me, it's amazing the brewery giants like Budweiser and Coors can churn out millions of gallons of the stuff- and end up with exactly the same product. Their QC chemists have to be earning big bucks, because if something goes wrong- (and it can) there goes 100,000 gallons of rotten beer.

It's both an art and a science. My favorite guy is Joel Peterson who used to own Ravenswood- he got bought out for $50 million. A Med Tech like me. Background in chemistry and microbiology. Terry Leighton of Kalin has a PhD in Microbiology. University of California- Davis offers advanced degrees in both winemaking and grape growing. Having made wine myself, it's mighty hard to figure out what the end product is going to taste like during the fermentation process. when all you can taste is liquefied yeast.

Regarding beer- to me, it's amazing the brewery giants like Budweiser and Coors can churn out millions of gallons of the stuff- and end up with exactly the same product. Their QC chemists have to be earning big bucks, because if something goes wrong- (and it can) there goes 100,000 gallons of rotten beer.

My daughter lived east of Folsom, California and I loved doing barrel tastings with my son in law of some very fine Zins in Amador County. Most people don't even know it exists. https://amadorwine.com/

Well, I apologize for my rage-infused previous post, and now that I've had a day or two to process the first game debacle, I had hopes of relaxing and coming to my senses about my beloved team.

I was wrong.

I'm still pissed off. When I found out about RG III's injury status, I just stared blankly into space and couldn't believe what I read. RG III was severely injured trying to RUN OUT OF BOUNDS. Not only that, he is the one who initiated the damn contact! You literally couldn't make this stuff up. Oh, and he hurts the coracoid bone? WTF?! I'm not sure I remember a similar injury.

I mean...if you TRY to think of a worse script for the first game, I'm not sure you could do it. It's absolutely insane. My thing is this...how bad could Kessler be? What if the guy can play? I think we KNOW what McCown can do, right? Let's see the kid. I know I'm being unreasonable, but still...we drafted him in the 3rd round.

Last year I remember thinking, "Boy, I'd love to see McCown play with Josh Gordon." Well, looks like I might get my wish. McCown put up some decent numbers throwing the ball to the Garbage Pale Kids, so maybe McCown can keep us interesting?

... he hurts the coracoid bone? WTF?! I'm not sure I remember a similar injury.

Reminded me I had not looked up this mystery bone as yet...

Coincidence that the bone is named after our Week 2 opponent? Some people are saying it's not...

The coracoid process (from Greek κόραξ, crow) is a small hook-like structure on the lateral edge of the superior anterior portion of the scapula. Pointing laterally forward, it, together with the acromion, serves to stabilize the shoulder joint. It is palpable in the deltopectoral groove between the deltoid and pectoralis major muscles.

"Coracoid" in itself means "like a raven's beak", with reference to its shape. (Greek "Korax" = Raven)

Coracoid_process_of_scapula_-_animation0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coracoid_process

Still don't know how any of that supports drafting Corey Coleman at #15.

Bacon, ain't nothing but a hound??? ;) That dart was thrown out among the arrows after the game aftermath..I was in the Conklin,Decker or Ryan Kelley draft party. Only support I can give you drafting C. Coleman is we got the player, Shon Coleman(gave up our 6th in 2016 to tits & gained Tennessee's 2nd round pick in 2017. I elect you at the podium for our pick in Philly Draft..(phiily draft,,yes Roger still hates Cleveland,Tic Cock)

Bacon, ain't nothing but a hound??? ;) That dart was thrown out among the arrows after the game aftermath..I was in the Conklin,Decker or Ryan Kelley draft party. Only support I can give you drafting C. Coleman is we got the player, Shon Coleman(gave up our 6th in 2016 to tits & gained Tennessee's 2nd round pick in 2017. I elect you at the podium for our pick in Philly Draft..(phiily draft,,yes Roger still hates Cleveland,Tic Cock)

I feel like I'm the cop in The Usual Suspects, "in english please"

Reminded me I had not looked up this mystery bone as yet...

Coincidence that the bone is named after our Week 2 opponent? Some people are saying it's not...

The coracoid process (from Greek κόραξ, crow) is a small hook-like structure on the lateral edge of the superior anterior portion of the scapula. Pointing laterally forward, it, together with the acromion, serves to stabilize the shoulder joint. It is palpable in the deltopectoral groove between the deltoid and pectoralis major muscles.

"Coracoid" in itself means "like a raven's beak", with reference to its shape. (Greek "Korax" = Raven)

Coracoid_process_of_scapula_-_animation0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coracoid_process

T, from the Greek in me.^^^ Crow had nothing to do with it. From re-rolling the tape, just seems Rg3 was put in a no win situation. Can't slide when you have a defender pushing you from behind to sidelines & Sure enough theirs a defenders face mask waiting for you before you hit the sidelines. Ravens Beak? & I say Eagles Beak..

From Daryl Ruiter. . .

Justin Gilbert was a DNP for #Steelers & Barkevious Mingo received 0 defensive snaps, 21 on special teams for #Patriots

Let's add to that ....

Paul Kruger 1 tackle , zero qb pressures, hits or sacks.

Our new punter: 50 yards per kick.

Four guys we didn't need for a 4th, 5th and 6th ... And contracts dumped.

Impressive stuff.

(And a whole lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth for nothing).

Z

I feel like I'm the cop in The Usual Suspects, "in english please"

I feel like I'm the teacher that passed me in English.. Na Nu Na Nu. Bottom line of my interest should explain. Or try reading than comprehending slowly . Re- Typing with a stub can be a bitch.. :P

Interesting defensive snap count breakdown from DBN - http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/9/12/12882504/browns-defensive-snap-counts-and-stats-vs-eagles

Things that jump out:

- Carl Nassib led DL with 70%

- Xavier Cooper and Jamie Meder both had more snaps than Danny Shelton

- Ogbah was the single starter, with 73% of the snaps, while Schobert and Orchard split time (38% + 34%)

- Campbell played every snap at safety, while Poyer got 75% and Kindred 30% - with 5, 6 and 5 tackles each. Yes, Kindred got 5 tackles in a fraction of the snaps. Could be a keeper.

- We were in nickel D most of the time. Haden, Taylor and Williams each got plenty of action.

Now that I've had time to think about McCown starting, I'm a little upset that we didn't trade him when we had the chance. Josh can play some ball, and while he's obviously far from perfect, he can still sling it. He'll push the ball downfield, be decently accurate, and hang tough in the pocket (sometimes TOO tough). He'll move the offense pretty well, but stall inside the red zone because we don't have enough viable targets yet. Lots of field goals, lots of field goals...

Josh might play well enough to knock us out of the top draft spot, and that's the problem. If your team is going to suck, why not COMPLETELY suck? We drafted Cody Kessler for a reason, so why not throw his ass in there? Baptism by fire...sink or swim. If by a miracle he turns out to show promise, then we hit the lottery. If he's not progressing, then we can draft whoever we want with the top pick. But McCown might catch fire a few times this year and win 4-5 games. That somewhat scares me.

On the other hand, Josh might make us more watchable, and that's a good thing. Many of us spend big bucks each year watching our team, going to games, or whatever. Josh moving the chains and putting some points on the board might make us a lot more fun to tolerate. Perhaps McCown gives us the best opportunity to truly evaluate our cupboard full of new receivers, and that is definitely a good thing.

I remember thinking last year, "Man...McCown can really sling the ball. I wonder what he could do with a guy like Josh Gordon?" Well, it appears like we might get that chance to see what Josh cooks up with an elite talent. We're going to be down a bunch of points in many games, and that means we're going to have to throw the ball. If you have Josh Gordon on your fantasy team, his value just went way up. This is also good for Corey Coleman. Nobody liked watching his awful drop last week, but Josh will be good for the kid. He'll settle him down and build a working relationship. Josh might be the best thing for Coleman, and it's about time a first round draft pick showed their worth in Cleveland. Fingers crossed.

Defense wasn't that terrible against the Eagles, and they appeared to get drained by the end of the game. Biggest problem was they didn't force turnovers. Had some chances too...

Now that I've had time to think about McCown starting, I'm a little upset that we didn't trade him when we had the chance. Josh can play some ball, and while he's obviously far from perfect, he can still sling it. He'll push the ball downfield, be decently accurate, and hang tough in the pocket (sometimes TOO tough). He'll move the offense pretty well, but stall inside the red zone because we don't have enough viable targets yet. Lots of field goals, lots of field goals...

Josh might play well enough to knock us out of the top draft spot, and that's the problem. If your team is going to suck, why not COMPLETELY suck? We drafted Cody Kessler for a reason, so why not throw his ass in there? Baptism by fire...sink or swim. If by a miracle he turns out to show promise, then we hit the lottery. If he's not progressing, then we can draft whoever we want with the top pick. But McCown might catch fire a few times this year and win 4-5 games. That somewhat scares me.

On the other hand, Josh might make us more watchable, and that's a good thing. Many of us spend big bucks each year watching our team, going to games, or whatever. Josh moving the chains and putting some points on the board might make us a lot more fun to tolerate. Perhaps McCown gives us the best opportunity to truly evaluate our cupboard full of new receivers, and that is definitely a good thing.

I remember thinking last year, "Man...McCown can really sling the ball. I wonder what he could do with a guy like Josh Gordon?" Well, it appears like we might get that chance to see what Josh cooks up with an elite talent. We're going to be down a bunch of points in many games, and that means we're going to have to throw the ball. If you have Josh Gordon on your fantasy team, his value just went way up. This is also good for Corey Coleman. Nobody liked watching his awful drop last week, but Josh will be good for the kid. He'll settle him down and build a working relationship. Josh might be the best thing for Coleman, and it's about time a first round draft pick showed their worth in Cleveland. Fingers crossed.

Defense wasn't that terrible against the Eagles, and they appeared to get drained by the end of the game. Biggest problem was they didn't force turnovers. Had some chances too...

Now that Josh is starting you wish we would have traded him?

You guys that think we have to 0-16 to get good perplex me. Like we have to be super-bad to put ourself in position to get the right draft picks.

We have been Super Bad for years! It's not about drafting in the right spot, it's about drafting the right players.

I could care less about next years draft right now. I am excited to watch these young guys we have learn in Hue's system and then we will restock next year and hopefully draft the right guys and be much better.

Josh at QB actually gives guys like Coleman a chance to develop ... he's a veteran with a big arm which puts the entire playbook in play.

Let's go out and play football and be the best team we can be. The front office is doing a great job accumulating draft picks, don't worry about where we end up, look for progress, look for signs, look for the talent that is on the field and how it is being brought along. We've got two first rounders, we will be players in the draft. Let's hope Josh beats Baltimore and move forward from there.

Zombo

Josh at QB actually gives guys like Coleman a chance to develop ... he's a veteran with a big arm which puts the entire playbook in play.

Precisely....which is why I advocate for a veteran backup. Development is the key to this team. Give the other young guys a chance.

If we had a much more veteran, capable team around Kessler I would be in favor of him taking over perhaps in the event of an injury to McC. But we don't have that kind of team. That would be the blind leading the blind.

Let us have a guide dog in a veteran QB so that all our little eggs can hatch instead of being stolen by the fox of insecurity.

Precisely....which is why I advocate for a veteran backup. Development is the key to this team. Give the other young guys a chance.

If we had a much more veteran, capable team around Kessler I would be in favor of him taking over perhaps in the event of an injury to McC. But we don't have that kind of team. That would be the blind leading the blind.

Let us have a guide dog in a veteran QB so that all our little eggs can hatch instead of being stolen by the fox of insecurity.

You are just ahead of yourself.

McCown can start and Kessler can backup.

We don't need another QB this week.

Those washups will still be out there when we need them.

Z

"Washups" is the perfect word...

Can't slide when you have a defender pushing you from behind to sidelines & Sure enough theirs a defenders face mask waiting for you before you hit the sidelines. Ravens Beak? & I say Eagles Beak..

True on the push, but RG had committed to the collision before the push occurred. Look again... there was a clear path OB a couple yards shy of where the collision ultimately occurred.

"Washups" is the perfect word...

True on the push, but RG had committed to the collision before the push occurred. Look again... there was a clear path OB a couple yards shy of where the collision ultimately occurred.

Lets just say that like his passing, RG didn't show good judgment or skill on what he did there.

Watching the throws from Wentz, he's really grown using his eyes holding the safety in place. Helps we didn't show a ton of 2 high as well. He's become much better at finding his second read.

The philly Oline did a pretty bang up job in pass pro. Also, I'm not sure I like Haden in this defense coming off an ankle injury. He's usually clocking people at the LOS but he seemed very hesitant jamming receivers.

On the Aguilar TD he mirror his released decently enough but didn't get a hand on him. That's just not Haden's game. He's a press corner.

Archived