THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Dolphins Game Day Thread

BrownsDawgPound

Kicking on the overtime flip made no difference to the outcome since our defense got the stop

True we got the stop, but the end result of kicking saw them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True we got the stop, but the end result of kicking saw them having 2 offensive possessions and us only 1....... analytics says no bueno.

I think it was a dumb call but not the reason we lost regardless.

We lost solely because we couldn't make field goals. Can't miss 3 FGs inside the 50

We need a kicker that can make 40 yard field goals in sunny Miami weather.

Kicking on the overtime flip made no difference to the outcome since our defense got the stop

Defense may have had the stop, but the Browns did have to start their drive on their own 9. I think that makes a difference.

Not the reason we lost by any means, but I still don't agree with the decision.

Inability to commit to the running game is what I think hurts the most. How is that you can get 8 yards on 1st down and then get all pass happy?

We lost solely because we couldn't make field goals. Can't miss 3 FGs inside the 50

Oh, definitely agree on that, no doubt...... Just hope Hue looks back at his kick decision and does some soul searching.

I agree with all this. Especially the part about the ST's. How has Tabor lasted through all these different coaches?

They look like they get penalized on almost every single return every single year. Our place kicking continues to lose close games every time inclusive of occasions they had the game winning kick opportunity like today and Ratbird game 2 in 2015.

Analytics

Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

Kessler played good for his first start. Now teams have film on him and can adjust. Still he played much better than I expected him to. Outside of that it's hard to take much away from this game. We still lost to a garbage 0-2 team

you are exactly correct. dolphins stink. they are going nowhere. this game,..just another way this team continues to lose. If it is not a blocked field goal returned for a td, its 3 missed fg's...the ol still has discipline issues as it's had forever, special teams ...yikes ..paztor completely turned the momentum around with his poor play. I guess there were no real kickers out there to be had..Oh well...that's the way it goes, it is what it is...

Possibly, not really sure anyone knows what it means..... I thought you were talking about bueno, and being from SoCal, I'm familiar with a little Mexican vernacular.

Haha nope.

I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

Analytics...... Don't take a 6'5" 247 lbs Qb with the 2nd pick in the draft

Oh, definitely agree on that, no doubt...... Just hope Hue looks back at his kick decision and does some soul searching.

If we had a good kicker he would not have to do any soul searching. can't miss 3 fg's like that. He played the percentage and got burned. if we had a mediocre kicker, we win this game, but this guy fucking stinks. i'm sure he will be gone anyway....

Haha nope.

I was being facetious anyway. I think common sense would also say it's no bueno. We have a kicker who's missed twice and an offense that's been pretty decent, why give them the ball?

Exactly. Opening day I saw Del Rio go for 2 and the win on the road, and Hue could've (kinda/sorta) done the same thing on his opening drive if a 4th and 2 presented itself in the right area.

Haha nope.

Because BB did it? I did see some Sipe like passes from the kid. Looked like a wounded duck but ended up where they were supposed to. But to quote Josh Cribbs.... Damn, it seems like we almost always almost win...... And that's the real hurdle.

A win just gives us a lower draft choice.

These last two games have been moral victories for us. Especially today with all the starters out and playing a third string rookie quarterback. There were plenty of mistakes from coaching to execution on the field. Lots of penalties but a lot of youngsters showing potential and fight. Poor field goal production but hey, the kicker was signed on Friday.

What do we know after 3 games? On Offence: Running game is much better. Receivers of Pryor, Coleman, D. Johnson, Barnidge, (Gordon) etc. are dangerous. No QB, some issues on center-to-left Tackle and too many penalties. On Defence: Run Defence is much better with good line play and ILB tackles. No pass rush. We're still weak in the secondary. Special Teams: Mostly, we need to fix field goal percentage.

Not I; I see a team with mostly rookies and second year guys who are being coached up! Pryor, Crowell and Johnson all look like the real deal. If we had an offensive line we would have murdered Miami. We still should have creamed them and they know it! Paztor committing 5 costly penalties! There's no excuse for it! Not 5. Having no kicker is a front office gaffe. They had all off season to find a reliable kicker.

Does anyone remember Sean Suisham from the Steelers who got hurt in the Hall of Fame Game 2015. I would give him a call; if he's not ready call someone else. But keep looking until you find a kicker.

Look at the bright side; The team played better than anyone expected and should have won. We can find a kicker, we can replace Paztor, and Ray Horton's defense is better than anything Jim O Neal brought.

It's getting better even though Haden, Coleman, Nassib, et al were out. It was better than Mingo and Gilbert for real.

What I saw when I watched the game was an offense that is a QB and some 2 decent o linemen away from having a good offense. I saw a defense, despite its flaws and lack of playmakers, that is able to keep us in games. Everyone played hard. Kessler showed more smarts, guts, and ability than anyone thought he was gonna show. Hue has a team of rookies and street meat going out and playing their guys out and its obvious none of the players have given up yet.

you are exactly correct. dolphins stink. they are going nowhere. this game,..just another way this team continues to lose. If it is not a blocked field goal returned for a td, its 3 missed fg's...the ol still has discipline issues as it's had forever, special teams ...yikes ..paztor completely turned the momentum around with his poor play. I guess there were no real kickers out there to be had..Oh well...that's the way it goes, it is what it is...

on a few of pastors holds that a saw if he had not brought down sue , he would have killed kessler

There's no such thing in moral victories. I'm a fan of foresight and the bigger picture, but 3 wins gets the first pick just the same as 0 wins does.

This should have been a win.

A culture shock is needed more than anything else. Hue is supposed to bring that. Hasn't happened yet - we're still shooting ourselves in the foot left and right.

There's no such thing in moral victories. I'm a fan of foresight and the bigger picture, but 3 wins gets the first pick just the same as 0 wins does.

This should have been a win.

A culture shock is needed more than anything else. Hue is supposed to bring that. Hasn't happened yet - we're still shooting ourselves in the foot left and right.

+1

Almost any professional kicker should be able to make a 40-49 yard kick when needed.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/field-goal-percentage-40-to-49?season_id=13

2015 stats 40-49 yards:

1 Ryan Succop Tennessee Titans K 100.0%

1 Caleb Sturgis Miami Dolphins K 100.0%

1 Adam Vinatieri Indianapolis Colts K 100.0%

1 Matt Prater Detroit Lions K 100.0%

1 Nick Novak San Diego Chargers K 100.0%

6 Justin Tucker Baltimore Ravens K 90.9%

7 Blair Walsh Minnesota Vikings K 88.9%

8 Dustin Hopkins New Orleans Saints K 87.5%

8 Stephen Gostkowski New England Patriots K 87.5%

8 Dan Carpenter Buffalo Bills K 87.5%

11 Chandler Catanzaro Arizona Cardinals K 85.7%

11 Dan Bailey Dallas Cowboys K 85.7%

13 Cairo Santos Kansas City Chiefs K 84.6%

14 Steven Hauschka Seattle Seahawks K 80.0%

14 Josh Brown New York Giants K 80.0%

16 Graham Gano Carolina Panthers K 78.9%

17 Chris Boswell New York Giants K 78.6%

18 Robbie Gould Chicago Bears K 77.8%

18 Travis Coons Cleveland Browns K 77.8%

20 Mike Nugent Cincinnati Bengals K 76.9%

21 Mason Crosby Green Bay Packers K 75.0%

21 Phil Dawson San Francisco 49ers K 75.0%

21 Jason Myers Jacksonville Jaguars K 75.0%

24 Brandon McManus Denver Broncos K 72.7%

24 Randy Bullock Houston Texans K 72.7%

on a few of pastors holds that a saw if he had not brought down sue , he would have killed kessler

Yep. Sometimes a hold beats letting a cheap shot artist injure your QB. My issue is the kicker, especially with Robbie Gould still unemployed.

Mike

Archived