THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor UFA at the end of this year

Kvoethe

Really turning into a baller!

Was wiilling to do what Tim Tebow wouldnt, learn another position

Has a great relationship with Hue, Hue has believed in him since before cleveland job.

I worry we will try to lowball him and he will walk. I think if we give him a fair deal he stays because of Hue. He is 27 yrs old, which suprised me, I thought he was younger.

He is deceptively fast which will take kessler some getting used to.

I think we must sign him to a decent but not tooooo long of a deal.

What say you?

Pay him what we would have paid Gordon had he ever given up the dope. He's made himself worth it and likely feels a lot of loyalty to the team that gave him a chance to develop.

Good answer, good answer!!! Get R Done!

good news with TP is he is fiercely loyal to Hue (as he should be really) for making him the player he is now. That gives us a big step-up to get it done. However, there's a lot of season yet for him to earn that paycheck.

How did Hue make him the player he is today? He didn't even try receiver till Hue cut him for the second time.

How did Hue make him the player he is today? He didn't even try receiver till Hue cut him for the second time.

Jackson had him in Cincinnati and advised him to become a wide receiver and commit himself.

Then Jackson came here and took a guy that got cut and caught one pass last year and made him a starter.

I'd say he has had a huge impact on his success. Terrelle agrees.

Zombo

He's not going anywhere. He absolutely loves Hue Jackson, and I don't care if we somehow go 0-16...Hue Jackson is coming back. I don't even think we're going to have the worst record in the league, and that somewhat pisses me off, LOL. Pryor already stated that he's going wherever Hue is, and that will be right here.

While I don't think we'll have the FIRST pick, it's obvious that we will have a very high one. Probably number 2 or 3. That means we'll get just about any QB we want, and THAT's where it gets pretty tricky. Cody Kessler has played FAR better than I expected, and it's certainly possible that he continues to grow and gets even more comfortable. But I don't see that happening. In fact, starting this week against the damn Patriots, I expect Kessler to start having some real problems. Bill will have some crazy shit on defense that Kessler hasn't seen before, and we'll get lit up like you've never seen. Cody will be 24-46 for 213 yards, no TD's, and 2 INT's. Sheard will have two sacks, and Mingo will have a sack as well. Pats will shut down our rushing attack, we'll get down a bunch of points early, and we'll get destroyed on 3rd and long. Yes, I hate being this negative, but it's honestly what I see happening. We're playing Tom freaking Brady on his first game of the season. That's....not good btw.

We have a lot of problems, obviously, but I don't see Pryor as one of them. He'll be here for a long time in my eyes.

Kessler does not surprise Me all that much.. My only concern with him is velocity on some of his throws. But , I expect that to improve as he gets a little older. I'm not saying he's QBOTF. But so far the eyeball test say's.. "He looks the part" . The biggest need I feel is YAC. Pryor so far has been marvelous.. Let's see what the other kids can become.

The bigger question is.. If we should go 0-16.. Will Hue still be here.. I highly doubt it..

Care to make it interesting?

Care to make it interesting?

Don't think theres anything I can do , or add.... I hope he makes it , honestly. I kind of like some of the things he brings. I don't want to start over again. I think the team has played hard despite they're lousey record.. It is what it is.

Let's just wait and see how the season turns of for him. If he continues to performs at this level, then we can make that decision. Until then, hold your horses. :)

That's what our last FO did and we lost all of our guys.

You have to get the guys you want signed BEFORE their contract year is up. Otherwise they see $$$ signs (free agency).

Pay him what we would have paid Gordon had he ever given up the dope. He's made himself worth it and likely feels a lot of loyalty to the team that gave him a chance to develop.

Yep!

Mike

That's what our last FO did and we lost all of our guys.

You have to get the guys you want signed BEFORE their contract year is up. Otherwise they see $$$ signs (free agency).

Sad thing was looking at Roto World- Mack actually took less money from the Falcons to get out of Dodge. Until we start winning it's going to be a continuing problem.

Take the wager, then. There is very little I say that I don't believe in enough to put myself out there.

And of course if it was ANY other team, but this is the Browns. There was zero expectations of any type of success this year. Player development and cohesion was the top goal, not wins.

For example - Hue will not be fired. I'm willing to say I'll take a full year break from this board if he is.

Anyone up for that ?

TP has surprised everyone with his success this season. If he keeps it up over a season we're looking at a thousand yard receiver, which would be excellent, to go alongside Coleman who looks like he'll be a good player in this league. He needs to maybe pick up more TDs before calling him elite, but it's early in his career yet.

TP is hopefully going to be loyal to the browns for giving him his chance, being a quasi hometown team (via the buckeyes having a lot of crossover fans) and also loyal to Hue Jackson who has also basically coached him almost his entire career now. I'm hopeful this gets worked out and we get a very solid player for a long time.

• 1 month later...

PFRumors has story of Pryor maybe looking for a Tavon Austin deal he signed in August. 10.55M/per year, 28.5M in Guarantees. Sashi will also have Crow/ Collins & Paztor looking for a ballooned Cleveland deal.. Always good to strike a deal earlier than later in Cleveland hey Sash?

Do you really think he is irreplaceable?

He's replaceable but why should we? He's a solid player that's improved since joining the browns. He has played alongside Greco enough to have formed some comfort, why disrupt things unnecessarily?

Archived