THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Expectations, Quinn should have a Great Year!

Mr. T

Quinn should be capable of haveing a 4,000 yard year with the WR's he know has and a plus withthat O-Line, which will probably be one of the best in the NFL with the new additions we hust paicked up.

Alex Mack OT, Brian Robiskie WR & Mohamed Massaquoi.

Even old man Lewis should be able to have another 1,000 yard season with this line. Their is the possibility with the revamped O-line and with these receivers that Quinn could run the spread offense very effectively.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quinn will be ok but not a 4000 yard passer. If he can just navigate us with minimal mistakes he will be loved. Lewis still has 1 good year left and will be @ about 1200 yards this year. With the new additions at WR could possibly be very dangerous. The pick up of Jordan Norwood was sweet, this guy will be a great slot WR.

Quinn will be ok but not a 4000 yard passer. If he can just navigate us with minimal mistakes he will be loved. Lewis still has 1 good year left and will be @ about 1200 yards this year. With the new additions at WR could possibly be very dangerous. The pick up of Jordan Norwood was sweet, this guy will be a great slot WR.

Can you imagine that our 1 2 & 3 WR's all Big Ten. They should be used to playing in bad weather. Thats Genius.

Guest 88fingerslewy

We'll be fine.

My prediction: Lumburgh rides off into the sunset, the QB threads vanish and we have a winning season. No I haven't been drinking today....yet.

"Browns Fan" is latin for someone who has hope.

Quinn should be capable of haveing a 4,000 yard year with the WR's he know has and a plus withthat O-Line, which will probably be one of the best in the NFL with the new additions we hust paicked up.

Yeah probably 45 TDs too, right?

Seriously though, even if somehow BQ were to start and play all 16 games, there ain't a chance in hell that he goes for 4,000 next season. Book it.

Seriously though, even if somehow BQ were to start and play all 16 games, there ain't a chance in hell that he goes for 4,000 next season. Book it.

LUMPY Just remember, Anything is possible when you have .....QUINN!

Good point.

I'd like to add LeBron will not score 60 points in his next start.

Write it down.

<_<

I'm expecting Lewis to have around 700 yards rushing and 8 TD's and I'm expecting Harrison to have about 600 yards and 3 td's.

That would be a good thing, if anyone noticed some of the most effective playoff teams run a tandem of backs, so they dont wear out their legs before the playoffs.

I'm expecting Lewis to have around 700 yards rushing and 8 TD's and I'm expecting Harrison to have about 600 yards and 3 td's.

I just hope they give harrison a chance this year. I have liked him since he got on the team and I hope he can get his chance to shine.

IF quinn wins the job he seems more of a game manager type obviously than a qb who punches up 4k in yards a year. I could see a 20 td year with 12 ints with 2300 yds.

we will see one way or the other, IF he has developed that 20-35yd accurate tight pass than all of his checkdown tendencies will work because the dbs cant jam at the line and play tight to disrupt him.

IF not than he will be gone next year.

Yeah, a QB who checks down is awful. Seriously, why take a completed short pass that puts you in a 2nd/3rd and short when you could have someone try and force a midrange ball for an incompletion or an INT?

I'd much rather see more of DA's decision making vs a check down. Much more exciting.

And you spell better then(sic) any 2nd grader!

ZING!

I like that we are creating a situation where completion percentage is our focus. Moving the sticks is key! The new center will help the middle blitz that hurt us last year and Robiskie is VERY NFL ready.

Do you really think Brady Quinn, a career 49.5% passer so far, is going to complete almost 400 passes this next season? That's almost what it would take since he's averaging barely over 10 yards a completion.

Guest Masters
Do you really think Brady Quinn, a career 49.5% passer so far, is going to complete almost 400 passes this next season? That's almost what it would take since he's averaging barely over 10 yards a completion.

Now insert DA's name into that same sentance. What has he done since week 10 of 2007 again?

I will say what has been said numerous times, which your tie to your screen name can't grasp, it's not about Brady Quinn. It's about what DA is not, which is a starting caliber NFL QB.

Guest Masters

Even old man Lewis should be able to have another 1,000 yard season with this line. Their is the possibility with the revamped O-line and with these receivers that Quinn could run the spread offense very effectively.

Ok, let's put the alcohol down. Quinn will still have rookie struggles at some point and would have to face PIT and BALT twice. He ain't gonna put up Peyton Manning numbers because CLE added Robiskie, Massoaquoi, and Mack.

Ok, let's put the alcohol down. Quinn will still have rookie struggles at some point and would have to face PIT and BALT twice. He ain't gonna put up Peyton Manning numbers because CLE added Robiskie, Massoaquoi, and Mack.

An actual sensible comment in this thread.

First Quinn has to win the job, then he's got a whole lot of work ahead of him. If he can have a 2007 DA type of year I'll be impressed... if he doesn't there'll be a lot of posters here making excuses.

By the way, be careful about calling 2009 Quinn's "rookie year", I was raked over the coals by some of the so-called "knowledgeable" hotshots here for saying 2007 was essentially DA's rookie season.

First Quinn has to win the job, then he's got a whole lot of work ahead of him. If he can have a 2007 DA type of year I'll be impressed... if he doesn't there'll be a lot of posters here making excuses.

By the way, be careful about calling 2009 Quinn's "rookie year", I was raked over the coals by some of the so-called "knowledgeable" hotshots here for saying 2007 was essentially DA's rookie season.

You don't have to warn us about falling into your stupidity :rolleyes:

Guest Masters

As I said in my other post, it's not about Quinn, it's about DA and what he isn't. So it is pretty easy to be sensible :)

Quinn will win the job with a fair competition. If he was in camp in 2007, he would have won the job then (or at least made a real competiion of it). I don't want a DA type year. I do not want 8 good starts then a huge drop off. That will put CLE right back where they are now. I'd rather see a year some where in the neighborhood of what Rogers did last year. Baring major injuries, I can't see now any reason for excuses. Just as there are none for what DA did over the last 16 starts.

I haven't seen that. I have seen people correct others when they say DA was getting his first career starts in 2007.

I think 50 is entirely possible....

and they're off! out in front is Inspecta with the outlandish expectations, followed by...........

50 TD's is A LOT of damn touch downs and while it may not be entirely unreasonable with your offensive line you're still putting a lot of expectations on two rookie WR's and Edwards who may or may not be a Brown when the season kicks off. You also have 3 largely unproven QB's in the AFC north with two of the BEST defenses in the NFL. Last season was outlandish expectation after outlandish expectation on this message board and you all know where things ended. 4-12 with a top 5 pick. I'd temper the expectation and be thankful you had a good draft and things seem to be on the right track. The "predictions" are only going to get you in trouble. My two cents. *kisses*

EDIT: I posted before reading the entire thread. MASTERS is on the right track. It's going to be a process and the Stains are on the right track. You can now go back to re-reading my post above.

Guest Masters
and they're off! out in front is Inspecta with the outlandish expectations, followed by...........

50 TD's is A LOT of damn touch downs and while it may not be entirely unreasonable with your offensive line you're still putting a lot of expectations on two rookie WR's and Edwards who may or may not be a Brown when the season kicks off. You also have 3 largely unproven QB's in the AFC north with two of the BEST defenses in the NFL. Last season was outlandish expectation after outlandish expectation on this message board and you all know where things ended. 4-12 with a top 5 pick. I'd temper the expectation and be thankful you had a good draft and things seem to be on the right track. The "predictions" are only going to get you in trouble. My two cents. *kisses*

EDIT: I posted before reading the entire thread. MASTERS is on the right track. It's going to be a process and the Stains are on the right track. You can now go back to re-reading my post above.

I think the high numbers are a bit tongue and cheek, aimed at certain people.

Mangini's offense will be a run based control game 4000 yds is not very likely at all...hehehehehe ;)

I think the high numbers are a bit tongue and cheek, aimed at certain people.

Yea after re-reading and posting my edit I thought that it may have been a "dig" type comment but seeing as I'm not over here all the time I couldn't be sure. Either way I can't wait for the season to start.

It's shocking that there are even any DA fans left out there.

You guys are f--king pathetic. Wake up, the dude isn't playing another minute in Cleveland.

You may as well leave the board now and save your vaginas the bleeding.

Archived