THE BROWNS BOARD

The players can't give up......keep fightin'

BrownBoB

That first win will come. We will catch somebody on a bad day for them. They will think they can just throw their helmets out on the field and get a win. We will be fed up with losing and will take it all out on them. That day is coming. And it will happen as long as the players don't give up. Keep fighting guys cause every Sunday is a chance to get that win.

McCown is literately dying to play. Cory back shortly. Pryor can stay on field with both. That's the "any givin Sunday" it may take..Woof Woof!!

"boombooms"???

I saw no quit in our play the 2nd half.

I was surprised to see Hue first without his play card, then headset, then not use his last two TOs. Not that the game was winnable, but the contrast to the prior week's approach was stark.

I think that was due to the way the game had been going and having two qb's in the game - Kessler, banged up,

and Hogan seeing his first action. The score didn't help matters.

Meanwhile, Hogan is now listed as the first string qb.

should be interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/25/browns-depth-chart-lists-kevin-hogan-as-first-string-quarterback/

I think that was due to the way the game had been going and having two qb's in the game - Kessler, banged up,

and Hogan seeing his first action. The score didn't help matters.

Meanwhile, Hogan is now listed as the first string qb.

should be interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/25/browns-depth-chart-lists-kevin-hogan-as-first-string-quarterback/

Josh McCown is the official starting QB vs. the NY Jets per WKYC.

"boombooms"???

I was surprised to see Hue first without his play card, then headset, then not use his last two TOs. Not that the game was winnable, but the contrast to the prior week's approach was stark.

Tour, I agree with FFD. I really think they quit- for the first time this season. Maybe I quit too,the wines were more interesting than the game. It was out of reach, players went into survival mode.

Tour, I agree with FFD. I really think they quit- for the first time this season. Maybe I quit too,the wines were more interesting than the game. It was out of reach, players went into survival mode.

I think the biggest wind out of sails moment was the last play of the first half. The Browns just scratched and clawed their way to a 14-10 score with the understanding they were getting the ball first in the second half. With about 6 seconds left and Cincy with the ball at about the 50 yard line - we gave a up a jump ball to AJ Green in the end zone. That sure seemed like an ideal time to put the 6'5" Pryor and his gigantic wing span out there. Just line him up deep so he can easily get into position to await the pass with hang time. Barnidge might not have been bad in that situation either considering the alternatives we gagged on.

As much as hind sight 20/20 sucks, it can also work as a learning experience moving forward. That's why they watch film.

I saw more frustration than quit from the players.

I think the biggest wind out of sails moment was the last play of the first half. The Browns just scratched and clawed their way to a 14-10 score with the understanding they were getting the ball first in the second half.

That was a killer, right there.....

momentum meets ""POOF"

"boombooms"???

Dude, the coach, Donovan, Deek, Grossi amongst others all say the team quit playing hard. I didn't exactly see Charlie Hustle anywhere on the field either. That's not being against the Browns... it's just not being a liar.

Dude, the coach, Donovan, Deek, Grossi amongst others all say the team quit playing hard. I didn't exactly see Charlie Hustle anywhere on the field either. That's not being against the Browns... it's just not being a liar.

I did not call anyone a liar. Are you... Dude?

I simply did not see "quit". And if Hue said his team did, then google can't find it. Link?

I cant say I saw them quit.....though that losing body language is starting to creep in......

Ive heard some comments suggesting we will get better in the second half, but personally, I doubt it......Usually, this is the time that the bad teams start to break down and the great teams get rolling.....injuries mount, teams figure out other teams, losers get tired and winners get energized.....

So....IF Hue gets this team to improve during the second half, I will give him mad props.....cause he's got his hands full and, as each loss gets piled on, he will start to lose players and their confidence in the plan....

How many weeks can you say "this is the week we win" and then, when you lose, try to say it again......and again......and again.....and again......and again......(am I at 11 yet??)......and again.......and again.....(11??....no?)......and again.......and again....and again......etc....

Cause the players are gonna look at Hue like....wtf is he talking about?......

So......will we slide into oblivion or will Hue work some majic and get better production from his troops going forward....Cal promised me they'd be good by the end of preseason....or after 3 games....or maybe at the mid point......or in the second half.....so Im hopeful

Mud-I had thought that as we got most of those rookies worked in we would start to see a much more competitive "second half" of the season. I did not factor in so many damn injuries, so who knows what will really happen. It does not look all that hopeful though.

A lot on Aggie websites are saying poor Garrett will be shipped off to die in the Cleveland dumpster fire. I'm a bit more hopeful for both than that in the long run.

How deep are those injuries??......Coleman & Bito are the only 2 starters I think we're missing.....maybe Haden too?......

So, 19 out of 22 of our starters should be out there......want to add RGIII?.....I dont, cause McC is better.....

How deep are those injuries??......Coleman & Bito are the only 2 starters I think we're missing.....maybe Haden too?......

So, 19 out of 22 of our starters should be out there......want to add RGIII?.....I dont, cause McC is better.....

Poyer? Des Bryant also qualifies, but more than "starters" have to be considered. Our defensive rotation suffers with Orchard, Dylan Wynn, and possibly Stample on IR.

Offensively? Small sample size but it looked like Reiter had a shot at solidifying our interior OL.

Then there's the "unproven" category including the likes of Shon Coleman and Devalve.

Poyer? Des Bryant also qualifies, but more than "starters" have to be considered. Our defensive rotation suffers with Orchard, Dylan Wynn, and possibly Stample on IR.

Offensively? Small sample size but it looked like Reiter had a shot at solidifying our interior OL.

Then there's the "unproven" category including the likes of Shon Coleman and Devalve.

Ok...forgot about Poyer...

Wynn and Stample have not played a single snap and are not an "injury factor" when assessing the teams chances this week....non entities so far....

Coleman and DeValve????.....Tour, you are really really reaching here......

And...Ill give you Orchard too..shoulda been starting all along......But, even when healthy, Hue had Schobert out there....smh

Coleman and DeValve????.....Tour, you are really really reaching here......

Maybe... ;)

Devalve is easier case, so him first. I saw WR skills on tape. He has a chance to be one of those "modern" TEs.

Shon? Scratching my head on him. I know what I saw in his tape at LT. At this point feel like I'm not reaching.... more like flailing. But there was the injury/surgery and not all OTs can flip their technique, so I'll cling to that until preseason 2017.

24 unanswered points this week.....looked a bit like they quit playing at half time this week......definitely weren't flying around like they were in the first half.....

havent seen us come out in the second half YET and show the advantage in effort or strategy adjustments...

Yep, I was impressed with the teams' energy in the first half, and then became equally embarrassed by their effort in the 2nd half...... Just a bad football team.

and to just sit here and watch them hustle up and score in the last seconds just confirms, for me, that the effort wasnt there earlier and...when it finally came...it was too little too late...

Exactly- the anti- clutch McClown can go back to the bench. and I actually though I was going to take my first strike int the Survivor pool. 0-16 here we come.

It's so browns, so Josh McCown, to bring it back to within a FG and make the 2 points after spending four minutes strolling to the LoS and wasting time. Maybe we recover the onside kick, maybe not, but we didn't give ourselves much of a chance on that one. So Browns to go the extra mile to almost snatch victory from the jaws of defeat but not quite.

It's absolutely night and day though between the first and second half. First half they looked good, tackles were mostly being made (TD drive aside), and runners were being stopped at the point of contact. Second half, tackles were mostly missed (the receiving TD - four defenders had hands on him and he got through) and when they were made they were pushed back for a few more yards.

Is it a 'half time adjustments' thing or is it a conditioning thing? Is it a result of not having enough depth to be able to rely on backups more to keep the main guys fresh? Because right out of the gate, first two drives they went 3 & out, while we put 10 points on the board. Even from there, we outscored them in the second quarter, but just absolutely laid a turd in the second half.

Exactly- the anti- cluch McClown can go back to the bench. and I actually though I was going to take my first strike int the Survivor pool. 0-16 here we come.

Gotta wonder who would win the game if played on a neutral field, the 2008 Detroit Lions or the Browns.

Gotta wonder who would win the game if played on a neutral field, the 2008 Detroit Lions or the Browns.

Like we would be able to cover Megatron. Hell, they could line him up under center every play and just have him run it, we wouldn't be able to tackle him.

We've been competitive in basically every game but still have the top pick. I'm fine with it.

Anyone that thought this would take one off season to fix in insane.

Bring in some defenders next year and we've got something

Unfortunately, you could have dog poop in your hands and technically you'd have something too.

Archived