THE BROWNS BOARD

The new Republic of California

jbluhm86

Yeah right, you'd be prancing around like a happy lil biatch had Hillary won..

No, I wouldn't. Both options were terrible. I think Clinton would be less terrible, but that wasn't enough for me to vote for her.

Many posters on here seem to prefer deciding what other people actually think for them, because it makes it easier for them to sound right. Mental gymnastics. If I would care so much that I would be "prancing around" if she won, you'd think I would have voted for her...

Yeah right, you'd be prancing around like a happy lil biatch had Hillary won..

No he wouldnt. I know that cause ive been paying attention for awhile to things the smarter people on this board like woody have to say. You, i honestly have no idea who u are and if u liked clinton or trump. Im sure uve mentioneditbut like i said, i only pay attention mostly to smart people soooooo......well, yeah.

Well... Britain did.

If you can win a presidency on emotion, and leave the European Union on emotion, why not leave the USA on emotion?

Because we had this thing around 150 years ago called the Civil War? LOL, maybe Trump would nuke 'em if they tried to leave?

Hey - I got a great idea- if they want to leave- let 'em annex Mexico- that solves the rest of the US immigration problem. :P :P :P

Because we had this thing around 150 years ago called the Civil War? LOL, maybe Trump would nuke 'em if they tried to leave?

Hey - I got a great idea- if they want to leave- let 'em annex Mexico- that solves the rest of the US immigration problem. :P :P :P

You really think we'd go to war with California?

You really think we'd go to war with California?

Seriously Woody, you can't tell I was having a little fun? Now on a realistic level IF (and that's a huge IF) it ever got to that point- merging with Mexico would make a lot of sense.

Now- on a Constitutional level, you do remember that thing don't you? Now I'm not a Constitutional lawyer- but I'll be willing to bet you on that level- California has zero right under constitutional law, to secede for the Union. BTW, the soon to be conservative SCOTUS would take a really dim view of succession- even if in the unlikely event the fringe could get enough voters to go that way. As I pointed out- we went to war over that once. It wouldn't come to that now, but I'd bet you about a million- if California wanted to leave, they'rd be serious economic repercussions. Har- like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Transamerica, all the silicon valley think tanks, not to mention my fave Napa Valley wineries would really want to be a foreign country all of a sudden? I seriously doubt it.

This is DOA post election over reaction from a bunch of radical left wing crazies that won't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm only in favor of it, if all the liberals from NY, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon and Rhode Island..oh yeah,

Conn. ...

move to california, THEN let em walk. Addition to the greatness of our country by subtraction.

It might break off into the ocean anyways, after a mega-quake.

Uh yes we did. And the Democrats screamed bloody murder about it as well. Your point?

WSS

You are making it for me. When the shoe is on the other foot people behave exactly the same way, regardless of party affiliation. I personally never took secession talk seriously whether it came from republican or democratic states. We're all Americans first, Dems/Repubs/whathaveyou second.

You are making it for me. When the shoe is on the other foot people behave exactly the same way, regardless of party affiliation. I personally never took secession talk seriously whether it came from republican or democratic states. We're all Americans first, Dems/Repubs/whathaveyou second.

The opening line of my post yes we did referred to the question as to whether I thought they were assholes too.

WSS

Kinda related, DC overwhelmingly voted to become the 51st state

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/09/501412360/d-c-votes-overwhelmingly-to-become-51st-state

Congress will overwhelmingly shut it down of course - they don't want more democrat representation in congress.

Voting for or against something because it helps or hurts your party is a terrible one. But that's what we're stuck with

Archived