THE BROWNS BOARD

Why McCown for Kessler

LondonBrown

Either A:

The Adoug tank theory is in full effect (what I believe is the case)

Or B:

Front office is pressuring Hue to get at least a couple wins to keep his job, so he put in the vet to try and win the game

Overall, a terrible decision that sends such a bad message to the team

Cody Kessler: 2 turnovers all season

Josh McCown: 3 turnovers today

This was the worst loss I can imagine! What do the players say to each other after Hue pulls Kessler for playing well? What do they think? And McCown in the end zone getting two balls batted down in a row! He didn't look like he was trying! Look at the way he was side arming in the end zone?

The rookies need better leadership than Hue Jackson. This was a complete melt-down of a head coach on national tv. Things couldn't get any worse when your coach makes a QB switch and destroys the momentum after the half!

Putrid! Hue has to go now! Let anyone coach the team! Let my dead grandmother coach this team!

Now we know why Oakland fired him after one season! If Haslam has any brains he will fire Hue tonight and let Tabor handle the rest of the season!

Either A:

The Adoug tank theory is in full effect (what I believe is the case)

Or B:

Front office is pressuring Hue to get at least a couple wins to keep his job, so he put in the vet to try and win the game

Overall, a terrible decision that sends such a bad message to the team

Cody Kessler: 2 turnovers all season

Josh McCown: 3 turnovers today

He had an interception as soon as he entered the game. You have to believe that Kessler was developing a chemistry with Pryor and the receivers. So naturally, you take him out of a game when he's in control and not struggling. God forbid they compete! I hate to admit it but Hue is worse than Pettine! And as for tanking the season; Why? They're not going to draft a difference maker anyway or they'd have Derek Carr and Khalil Mack!

Conclusion: Jimmy Haslam and the front office is on LSD!

Let us not also forget about having to call a TO before the first play of the game because we had 12 men on the field...... < That, and benching your 3rd round "Trust Me" pick of the future are 2 prime examples of how not to coach in the NFL.

0-9, desperate team, desperate coach in a close game. By now the losses weigh very heavy on you.

And McCown is the answer to that? He's a loser year after year I know he's a good guy and takes hits but he doesnt win football games he never has.

He had an interception as soon as he entered the game. You have to believe that Kessler was developing a chemistry with Pryor and the receivers. So naturally, you take him out of a game when he's in control and not struggling. God forbid they compete! I hate to admit it but Hue is worse than Pettine! And as for tanking the season; Why? They're not going to draft a difference maker anyway or they'd have Derek Carr and Khalil Mack!

Conclusion: Jimmy Haslam and the front office is on LSD! Opal

oh, bs

Tiam said:

"Kess bailed early a couple times and looked rattled. Hindsight might be one thing but at the time bringing in the vet while you settled down the rookie isn't a terrible move. "

and he is correct.

Kessler ate a few sacks when he could have thrown it away, and had trouble getting the ball downfield except

on the TD.

The first two turnovers - Joe Thomas took his guy around the back of the pocket, and McCown never

stepped up into it, and got his arm slapped while throwing. There was a nice little area to step up in, but he stayed

back. That is not good. Kessler will end up being a terrific backup qb, I think, like McCown. My dumb opinion is,

the Browns need to draft a qb in the next draft. Trubisky comes to mind, but it's very early.

I really liked the play of the front seven on defense, but the secondary is toast. Teams know that after halftime,

they can let loose with their passing game, and the Browns secondary has to play back, because they aren't

able to play up close. Just not skilled enough against the ratbirds' wr's. The Browns offensive line is the other

weak point.

Putting McCown in, with his experience, was not a bad thing. It just didn't make any difference. The oline was

manhandled, McCown didn't step up into the pocket, Kessler kept not throwing the ball away. It doesn't help

that that was a flagrant pass interference on a pass to Coleman?... no call. And maybe it wasn't, but I have

NO freaking idea why that wasn't intentional grounding on Flacco. No call.

the secondary is hopeless talent wise, and the oline needs a blue chip center, ROG, and RT. At least

two out of three. I'd rather see the secondary play man to man coverage. If they get beat for TD's, so be it.

But laying back so far off the receivers... come on. Nobody else plays the Browns wr's like that.

And I totally disagree with tiam and cal that this was a good move. This completely took the air out of the entire team. You could tell they were all like "wtf?" and the defense, in addition to being in a state of questioning the move, then had to go play after McCown pretty much immediately throws a pick.

That'll deflate you.

Putting McCown in, with his experience, was not a bad thing. It just didn't make any difference.

Absolute nonsense. They cant pick and choose, they rid of us of any "experience" so why would you not run with the no experience?

Spark...

Spark? ROTFL Tour. McClown was the ABC multi-purpose fire extinguisher on any momentum we had. Did Hue tell Cody- "Look real close son, THAT'S how you lose a game."

0-9, desperate team, desperate coach in a close game. By now the losses weigh very heavy on you.

They ain't heavy, they're my brothers. Hey Hue, we're ten games in- you mantra "we have to play better" don't mean shit.

Let us not also forget about having to call a TO before the first play of the game because we had 12 men on the field...... < That, and benching your 3rd round "Trust Me" pick of the future are 2 prime examples of how not to coach in the NFL.

Two TOs in the first 5 minutes- just special.

And I totally disagree with tiam and cal that this was a good move. This completely took the air out of the entire team. You could tell they were all like "wtf?" and the defense, in addition to being in a state of questioning the move, then had to go play after McCown pretty much immediately throws a pick.

That'll deflate you.

Never said it was a good move. I said I understood why .

If Kessler looked rattled all the more you leave him in there. Experience is what makes a young quarterback grow! This wasn't exactly a "must win playoff game"

I thought Hue would at least evaluate Kessler under pressure? Now we will never know and Kessler has probably lost his confidence. The score was close and McClown's second attempt was intercepted.

How do you defend such ineptitude week after week, year after year? Dysfunctional Front office, An owner who has no football instincts, a coach who can't even manage the first quarter without burning two timeouts!

The Browns are a mess, Hue Sucks!

That'll deflate you.

I agree! Putting McCown in as QB in a close, winnable game looked like Hue was punishing his team for playing good football the first half. Hue sure knew how to let the wind out of their sails! I keep thinking the Movie Major League was just a Movie. Nobody loses on purpose! But that's what everyone around the league is thinking. We're tanking! But for what player? It's not a good enough draft class for them to 0-16

This was a bad move by coach Jackson. It sucks. Learn from it. Move on. This alone is not reason to turn on him. He's learning along with our players, along with our front office, along with our owner.

Be patient.

He coached 8 games in oakland for the raiders.. Im not buying the rookie coach excuse.. Hue blows...

Was listening to CBD earlier this week and here is my best guess as to why Hue pulled Kessler. He met with Kessler this week to tell him he needs to stop ignoring downfield plays that are open. Apparently Kessler continued to do so last night so he pulled him to drive the message home. We won't know if it was the right decision for Kessler's future until next game.

Spark...

Kess bailed early a couple times and looked rattled. Hindsight might be one thing but at the time bringing in the vet while you settled down the rookie isn't a terrible move.

From the view on the field from behind our bench, these our true. Hue tried to Spark his team with a chance of Expanding the Playbook with JMc. Kess did bail on plays due to poor OL play & poorly ran WR routes. Kess's limited playbook, ran out & Kess's slow anticipation, was a pick waiting to happen, imo. Both problems continued, leading to more dink n dunk. Balt. decided not to be embarrassed by a win less team & started playing with fire in 2nd half. We have not all season. Our serious problem is OL pass blocking & WR's poorly running routes (roundoffs), including Pryor.Our conditioning & "Want to" has not matched any team we have played in 2nd half. Travel with Dad & his band of Midshipman to head to Annapolis later today..Tulsa at Navy..The March In awaits & hey it Veterans Day, this was only a game...HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO ALL OUR BOARD MEMBER VETERANS..BLESSED & THANK YOU..

Archived