THE BROWNS BOARD

Question for Hillary supporters

Westside Steve

The tone is surprisingly less hostile here and a bit more realistic than I find on Facebook but I'm curious:

If we have any hardcore Trump haters or Hillary lovers here I'm wondering Kama as I see people around the United States weeping and wailing, exactly what it is you fear from a trump presidency?

Not be silly talking points like he will push the red nuclear button and annihilate Saudi Arabia or something put something thoughtful?

What particular horrible things do you believe might actually come to pass?

WSS

The tone is surprisingly less hostile here and a bit more realistic than I find on Facebook but I'm curious:

If we have any hardcore Trump haters or Hillary lovers here I'm wondering Kama as I see people around the United States weeping and wailing, exactly what it is you fear from a trump presidency?

Not be silly talking points like he will push the red nuclear button and annihilate Saudi Arabia or something put something thoughtful?

WSS

I imagine that is because we don't have any hardcore Clinton supporters here.

I have several younger women friends (18-26) who are openly gay, and they are worried that Trump is going to take away their rights. I also have several women friends of the same age who have family members who are here illegally, and have been for decades, and of course they are worried - I have coached women's softball for almost 20yrs if you're wondering why I have so many young women friends...... well that, and I'm a fucking stud. B)

I voted for Trump because I'm sick of the liberal movement, and all that that implies. I am not worried about a single thing, and in fact, am excited to see what changes are made.... However, I understand that I am a white male, and not a gay man or women, or a family member of an illegal alien, and they have very real fears that I do not know.

and yet, a lot of gays with guns were worried about their country, and their 2nd Amendment rights, and their Constitution,

and ......

seems that the most selfish are the most angry. Most American states went for Trump because

our gov went so corrupt, we had to change directions.

What rights do gays worry they will lose? The right to force most of America to continue to have their institutions

and words legally redefined?

"victimization is just another word for 'I didn't get my way"'

and yet, a lot of gays with guns were worried about their country, and their 2nd Amendment rights, and their Constitution,

and ......

seems that the most selfish are the most angry. Most American states went for Trump because

What rights do gays worry they will lose? The right to force most of America to continue to have their institutions

Not defending, just answering the OP's question of what Hillary supporters are afraid of.

and ......

You seem pretty angry. Does that make you selfish?

I have several younger women friends (18-26) who are openly gay, and they are worried that Trump is going to take away their rights.

If you mean the right to marry, I don't think anyone is really after that.. Who cares?

I also have several women friends of the same age who have family members who are here illegally, and have been for decades, and of course they are worried.. If you haven't committed a crime and here illegally I don't think there's a worry.. No one wants to toss out the hard working family focused people..

I voted for Trump because I'm sick of the liberal movement, and all that that implies. I am not worried about a single thing, and in fact, am excited to see what changes are made.... This guy is owned by no one ... This is gonna be fucking good :D

Angry? Woody I am pretty sure we saw you on 1 of the many ,many videos "protesting" I mean looting :)

Why? Because I said Clinton was a terrible choice and didn't vote for her? Hmmm, that wouldn't make sense...

Oh wait, yeah, you and others chose not to read that because it makes it harder to stuff posters in that "liberal" box.......

WSS

I wasn't a hardcore Hillary lover, I wanted Bernie. I voted for Hillary because of what's already happened since he was elected:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/12/hate-crimes-soar-across-the-us-after-donald-trump-elected-6254125/

This election, and Trump, remind me a bit of Morsi's election in Egypt, and I think he'll make some of the same mistakes Morsi did.

I wasn't a hardcore Hillary lover, I wanted Bernie. I voted for Hillary because of what's already happened since he was elected:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/12/hate-crimes-soar-across-the-us-after-donald-trump-elected-6254125/

This election, and Trump, remind me a bit of Morsi's election in Egypt, and I think he'll make some of the same mistakes Morsi did.

Mexico and Canada have said they're willing to renegotiate NAFTA, TPP is dead, Russia ready to restore relations with the US, no more funding terrorist rebels in Syria.

Oh the horror!

--

(how many of these hate crime examples have been fake? police departments have said "please report this if true" and it ended up not being true. Lots of it is just bird-dogging. The hillary rioters on the other hand...)

Mexico and Canada have said they're willing to renegotiate NAFTA, TPP is dead, Russia ready to restore relations with the US, no more funding terrorist rebels in Syria.

Oh the horror!

--

(how many of these hate crime examples have been fake? police departments have said "please report this if true" and it ended up not being true. Lots of it is just bird-dogging. The hillary rioters on the other hand...)

What makes you think they are fake? I doubt even 5% of them have been fake. I personally have seen the increase among our friends and neighbors. And this is in blue Massachusetts. It isn't far-fetched to think that when a man who used blanket language about groups of minorities is elected, that those that share those feelings will feel emboldened to act on them. It's common sense.

What makes you think they are fake? I doubt even 5% of them have been fake. I personally have seen the increase among our friends and neighbors. And this is in blue Massachusetts. It isn't far-fetched to think that when a man who used blanket language about groups of minorities is elected, that those that share those feelings will feel emboldened to act on them. It's common sense.

Because many of them have been? I'm not saying they all are, but certainly there's fake ones and bird dogging going on. I'm skeptical to believe random social media posts with no evidence to back them up.

Also - there's Trump voters getting their shit kicked in and violent riots across the country.

Both are reprehensible, but the violent riots across the country seems to be a more serious and widespread problem with a lot of evidence to back up certain claims.

Above what Osiris has said about the hate crime - we saw exactly the same thing post-brexit and it was completely predictable to see it there too - I'm concerned about:

- the impact he (or more precisely the republicans he has to work with) will have on LGBT rights;

- the impact of those same people on reproductive rights;

- his nationalism and isolationism is basically an 'I'm alright jack' approach to geopolitics, leaving the rest of the world to sort out the many, many problems and that without the US (and EU) as the western superpower(s) we will see more of Russia and China bullying eastern europe and SE Asia;

- the SCOTUS vacancy that he basically won't be able to fill without kowtowing to the most conservative republicans;

- his attitude towards the environment and climate change in general, and his intention to withdraw from the Paris agreement (that finally got China and India to the table and agreeing to do something about emissions and warming

- the rumours that he's going to appoint Ben Carson education secretary. Ben Carson. Education. YEC-ist, Ben Carson. I hope that one's untrue.

- his commitment to private, for-profit prisons and incarceration as a first response attitude

For balance, because I'm sure otherwise people will accuse me of bitching, here's what I'm hoping he'll do:

- clear out the self-serving career politicians that are just there to line their pockets (hello scott walker)

- not let Mike Pence and the rest try to 'cure' gay/transgender people - Trump has basically said he doesn't care about that stuff at times;

- Call out China's currency manipulation

- Crack down on big companies storing profits off-shore to avoid taxes on them

- Lowering corporation tax should help SMEs

- Introduce parental leave of some kind - it's just archaic that you guys don't already have it (along with statutory annual leave)

I would also reiterate Osiris' point as one of the biggest concerns. It may well be that Trump was just using such rhetoric to gain votes (but it's ok, because he's not like other politicians...) but it's extremely irresponsible if so, and now real, innocent people are seeing the consequences.

I hope that helps.

He's pro private prisons?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/prison-stocks-are-flying-on-trump-victory.html

Private prison stocks are/were up like 50%. They were set to be phased out under the Obama/Clinton coronation, but republicans will stop that, so they're back. Plus, there are those 11 million illegal immigrants, and you can bet their home nations aren't just gonna say "ok, send them back, we'll pay!" so they've got to go somewhere.

Archived