THE BROWNS BOARD

Call your shot. OSU VS UM

Browns149

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardale is on the Bills roster.

As for JT -he has his degree, undefeated vs scUM,natty ring, major bowl victory and holds just about every passing record in team history.

He certainly won't be a high pick but he may feel it's time to move on. Urban has hinted at it as well.

im all for it. Please, move on so i can watch a QB next year that Urb trusts to throw the ball. He clearly hasn't all season and it's why this offense is so painful to watch.

Oh and wilton speight sucks.

I don't know if he sucks but he sure has a strange name :lol:

Now JT just sounds cool....seriously though JT is a great college QB he pulled it out of the fire today, biggest comeback vs m since 1987 (I think, hey I'm footballed out). He can run the ball like a good RB.

And for Wilton I'm not sure, all QBs start with a good OL, recievers, running game and go from there. I've really only seen him play one game...today, they lost.

Why are you putting "full" in quotes. How many guys are playing at OSU this year that have been on the team longer than two recruiting classes? Anyone got any info on that?

I am saying "full" because this will be the first class he started recruiting "from the beginning" at Michigan, but not the first class through one season of him as a HC (last year).

College coaches start scouting and contacting guys in their Jr year or earlier. This class would be the guys that Harbaugh would be able to do that with. That is why I am saying "full"

My point is the buckeyes team is so young that I believe it's core has been recruited within the last two years. Harbaugh has had adequate time to match their talent level.

Harbaugh clearly has not had the same amount of time to match OSU's talent level lol. Meyer very obviously is starting this back and forth with a headstart. We'll be there very shortly, but we aren't at OSU's talent level or depth now.

Cardale is on the Bills roster.

As for JT -he has his degree, undefeated vs scUM,natty ring, major bowl victory and holds just about every passing record in team history.

He certainly won't be a high pick but he may feel it's time to move on. Urban has hinted at it as well.

I just don't see what he'd be moving on to. Unless he really thinks he is an NFL QB, and he feels like getting into the league ASAP is his best bet to learn.

Or, he thinks he'll need to change positions, and getting into the NFL ASAP is his best chance to learn a position.

I just don't see what he'd be moving on to. Unless he really thinks he is an NFL QB, and he feels like getting into the league ASAP is his best bet to learn.

Or, he thinks he'll need to change positions, and getting into the NFL ASAP is his best chance to learn a position.

Is JT a starter in the league? No.

Has he shown flashes of possibly being a quality backup or at least holding a roster spot, working on his craft and making professional athlete dollars..? Yes.

Barrett isn't like Pryor, he's no freak athlete. Either he latches on somewhere as a QB or he doesn't play at all.

Speight played well considering the injury. He has been standing in the pocket, delivering the pass and taking a shot all year. He's also more mobile than his 6'6" frame portrays. Like a poor man's Big Ben. He was a 3* recruit that Harbaugh has built up. Most didn't even think he'd start this year. The stream of highly touted QB recruits starts next year (Peters coming off of a RS, McCaffrey on campus), so there is a chance Speight doesn't even start next year.

We have no chance in this game without Speight. I wish we took some shots deep though. The pick six was caused by the blitzing defender getting a piece of the ball as Speight released, tipping it right to the defender. Good blitz, missed pick up by the HB, unlucky result. The second pick was just a bad read. Idk who the fumbled snap was on. Speight definitely made some mistakes, but we aren't in this game without him. He did a great job moving the ball and hitting WRs on timing routes in tight windows. Its unfortunate the mistakes cost us so much.

Is JT a starter in the league? No.

Has he shown flashes of possibly being a quality backup or at least holding a roster spot, working on his craft and making professional athlete dollars..? Yes.

Barrett isn't like Pryor, he's no freak athlete. Either he latches on somewhere as a QB or he doesn't play at all.

I can kind of see what you're saying. He isn't going to get any more prepared for the NFL staying at OSU. Meyer doesn't build NFL QBs and there's no way they make him a HB. If he wants to go all in on his NFL future, I could see why he would leave.

I completely disagree with this. Meyer is a fantastic coach, but he isn't god. Michigan is going to get the same level of talent in recruiting.

So if Harbaugh and Meyer are going for the exact same guy or position Harbaugh wins out?

I wouldn't bet on that one! But Harbaugh will raid other B1G and other schools and Michigan will have good talent.

Also another thing we will find out in a week or so and later, does OHIO STATE move on this year? Does anyone trip up Alabama? Does all that further help Meyer's recruiting over Michigan?

The arms race is on.

So if Harbaugh and Meyer are going for the exact same guy or position Harbaugh wins out?

I wouldn't bet on that one! But Harbaugh will raid other B1G and other schools and Michigan will have good talent.

Also another thing we will find out in a week or so and later, does OHIO STATE move on this year? Does anyone trip up Alabama? Does all that further help Meyer's recruiting over Michigan?

The arms race is on.

In what world did I say Harbaugh wins out? Harbaugh will in some, Meyer will win some. In a lot of cases, they won't be competing against the same guy.

Gary was the #1 recruit in the country, you don't think Meyer wanted him?

OSU is a very talented, very deep team, and will continue to be. Michigan will be there very soon.

OSU had the youngest team in the country this year. Michigan had 40-something seniors. Yeah, advantage Meyer.

Youngest of all P5 teams and they are 11-1 beating OKL, WISC, NEB and of course "m". ;)

Amazing coaching job by URBAN this year Harbaugh did ok too.

Michigan was the better team for most of the game, those int's killed it

Yet, they play a 60 minute game....not a 30 minute game. OSU has done this before.

But, note, here are some vital stats that may be telling:

First downs: OSU 23, Mich 16

Rush yards: OSU 246 Mich 118

Turnovers: OSU 1 Mich 3

You win the first down game, the rushing game by more than double, and the TO game....you win.

Also, 4th quarter time of possession:

OSU 11:07 Mich 3:53

You control the ball in the 4th quarter of a tight game...and you often come out on top.

Mich won the passing yards game: 219 to 124.

All I am saying is that so much for the theory that TUN dominated this game.

Overall time of possession was just about even.

No he won't

OSU is the youngest team in college football

Um had 43? Seniors that didn't beat OSU.

by the time um gets good enough, harbutt will be back in the NFL

As I understand it, in the starting lineups, Michigan started 17 seniors, Ohio State started one (1)....Elflein.

That is what I heard reported....but I didn't personally verify that.

Archived