THE BROWNS BOARD

Underclassmen Declarations for 2017 NFL Draft

Tour2ma

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Seemed like a good idea to have a thread to accumulate/ tabulate who is going to join the party and who is not... and maybe state why we might care. Also providing a link to a report of the announcement might be helpful.

I'll tabulate Offense and Defense by position in the posts 2 and 3 of those that are entering the draft.

Hey, If everyone hasn't Thanked-you already for assembling this thread, "THANKS" ... great shit. Makes the forum.

Yeah, that was a God damn shame. Butts stock took a considerable hit but I've seen him play. Well rounded TE in the Witten mold. He isn't as athletic as some of the other guys but he has good footwork, fluid movement, the right size and great feel for route leverage as a big man.

Even if he wouldn't get to play until mid season, id be happy with investing a solid pick into Jake.

Yeah, that was a God damn shame. Butts stock took a considerable hit but I've seen him play. Well rounded TE in the Witten mold. He isn't as athletic as some of the other guys but he has good footwork, fluid movement, the right size and great feel for route leverage as a big man.

Even if he wouldn't get to play until mid season, id be happy with investing a solid pick into Jake.

For sure. How early of a pick are you comfortable with the team using on a guy who could have complications bouncing back? A fifth rounder wouldn't cut me too deep but I could see a team like the Pats spending a 4th.

Hey, If everyone hasn't Thanked-you already for assembling this thread, "THANKS" ... great shit. Makes the forum.

Thanks, but I'm only in it for the money... ;)

Between McCaffrey and Switzer out of UNC, BB should be loving this draft from an offensive weapons stand point.

They might be in the market for a TE as well and there seem to be a few interesting options this year.

Switzer should be on the South team in the Senior Bowl. This time I give Hue my full approval to feel that earth movin' when he coaches Switzer. Reminds me of another Brian Brennan, except faster.

Switzer should be on the South team in the Senior Bowl. This time I give Hue my full approval to feel that earth movin' when he coaches Switzer. Reminds me of another Brian Brennan, except faster.

If you wouldn't have said it, I was going too. I've been saying that for two seasons, the guy is clutch and tough. Wants the ball in crunch time, will find the seam and sit down, will exploit opponents mistakes .... But SMALL (5'-10", 185). I'm not sure he can compete at the next level. Could help out on special teams as a Punt Returner until ready ... I just hate small receivers in the Pro's.

If you wouldn't have said it, I was going too. I've been saying that for two seasons, the guy is clutch and tough. Wants the ball in crunch time, will find the seam and sit down, will exploit opponents mistakes .... But SMALL (5'-10", 185). I'm not sure he can compete at the next level. Could help out on special teams as a Punt Returner until ready ... I just hate small receivers in the Pro's.

Kinda reminds me of Julian Edelman at the pats.

He and Mitch definitely smoked my Noles. Had no answer for the little guy. If we draft Mitch at #1, it would make a ton of sense to bring him in too. Those two are just connected. Oh, he also has seven freaking punt returns for touchdowns according to the stats I just looked up. Think THAT'S a position of need for us?

One player I hope Cleveland does not select before our pick at the top of the 4th round: OSU's Raekwon McMillan

"Sources question McMillan's pass-coverage ability for the NFL, as he has not impressed evaluators in defending the pass. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder is a quality run defender, but his limitations in pass coverage have many teams projecting him as coming off the field in nickel situations. NFL defenses are now operating out of the nickel around 70 percent of their snaps, so that is a huge chunk of playing time that McMillan is projected to be on the sideline. As a result, sources from multiple teams say they could see McMillan going off the board in the middle of the draft. One team thought he could go in the second, but they had a third-round grade on McMillan. One playoff team said they had a third- or fourth-round grade on him."

Somebody I hope we do pick up, because we need all the pass rushing help we can get: Stanford's Solomon Thomas. He was unblockable in the bowl game. If he's there at the top of the 3rd we should take him with no hesitation.

He also has a great attitude and won the Big Ten Senior CLASS award.

And I'd love a browns Butt jersey

One player I hope Cleveland does not select before our pick at the top of the 4th round: OSU's Raekwon McMillan

"Sources question McMillan's pass-coverage ability for the NFL, as he has not impressed evaluators in defending the pass. The 6-foot-2, 240-pounder is a quality run defender, but his limitations in pass coverage have many teams projecting him as coming off the field in nickel situations. NFL defenses are now operating out of the nickel around 70 percent of their snaps, so that is a huge chunk of playing time that McMillan is projected to be on the sideline. As a result, sources from multiple teams say they could see McMillan going off the board in the middle of the draft. One team thought he could go in the second, but they had a third-round grade on McMillan. One playoff team said they had a third- or fourth-round grade on him."

Somebody I hope we do pick up, because we need all the pass rushing help we can get: Stanford's Solomon Thomas. He was unblockable in the bowl game. If he's there at the top of the 3rd we should take him with no hesitation.

I'm surprised to hear that, cuz Raekwon is a stud.

Tho the nickel percentage bits is why teams are interested in the peppers type hybrid player

.... Just how big do you think Antonio Brown is? Corey Coleman? Eldemen? Golden Tate?

These aren't big bodied receivers you're talking about here. In todays NFL, you can find success in multiple ways.

Joe Mixon declared. 3rd round steal

... and won't go before R7, if he's drafted at all... even though it was a 2014 incident... same as Ray Rice's...

The video showed the victim, Amelia Molitor, shoving Mixon and then slapping him. Mixon then punched her in the face, breaking her jaw, eye socket and cheekbone. He received a deferred sentence and community service at the time.

But I will add him to the list...

Joe Mixon declared. 3rd round steal

I wouldn't touch that punk with a ten foot pole. Have you seen that video of him punching that girl?

Mike

I wouldn't touch that punk with a ten foot pole. Have you seen that video of him punching that girl?

Mike

EXACTLY. You are trying to build a winning team, and a winning lockerroom, why the bullbleep add

a nutcase? Not even as an UDFA

Archived