THE BROWNS BOARD

Possible Next Browns QB

beare

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ was my 2014 dark horse QB, so I'm biased. He did look good subbing for Andy in 2015. Showed the same "game manager" potential that he did at BAMA.

All that said... I'll go with Hue on this one as he saw AJ up close for two years.

No no no no and no. Kessler is AJ McCarron- capable as a game manager.

If they want to make a splash at QB, get a big, sturdy guy like Trubisky or that Allen kid from Wyoming.

Browns next QB???......I cant believe no one has figured this out or even mentioned it yet......

It will be Tyrod Taylor..........book it!!!

Bull & Fox were talking about Taylor today, they said that he's going to ask for major bucks $$$.

Give it to him... for 2-3 seasons. It's not like we can't afford to pay someone.

If the Browns are going to take a FA QB, Taylor would be at the top of my list.

Unfortunately, I don't see cheapskate Jimmah paying the $15-17 million a year asking price.

Taylor is under contract right now.....he's due 12m in '17 and 13m in 18'.....which is reasonable.......but we'd have to trade for him to get him at that price...... which I think would be easy....as Buff is getting ready to just release him anyway...

So...if released, then we gotta negotiate.....but if we throw something at Buff, they just might bite and take "something" over nothing.......

Taylor is under contract right now.....he's due 12m in '17 and 13m in 18'.....which is reasonable.......but we'd have to trade for him to get him at that price...... which I think would be easy....as Buff is getting ready to just release him anyway...

So...if released, then we gotta negotiate.....but if we throw something at Buff, they just might bite and take "something" over nothing.......

media was told, no decision on any players at this point including RG3. but Hump-tie Dump-tie is due a Roster Bonus in March..Tick Tock..

I fee like they will go after McCarron, Taylor or similar for 2018. Open competition with Kessler to start. The real QB plan is to draft one in 2018. In order to do that and not tank another season it's going to mean manipulation our picks to secure an extra 2018 1st.

I'd take bridgewater in general but it depends on his recovery. If he misses most of camp then it isn't worth it.

Bridgewater made it abundantly clear he didn't want to play here during the draft. We don't need gimpy here if he never wanted to be here in the 1st place.

I'm definitely warming up to A.J. though. Very credible reports are coming that he will be actively available and he looked pretty solid there in relief of Dalton. I also like (just like Jimmy G.) that's he's got a year left on his contract so if he doesn't pan out we wouldn't end up in an Osweiler situation. This also gives the Browns A LOT of flexibility in the draft which I greatly am in favor for.

Bridgewater made it abundantly clear he didn't want to play here during the draft. We don't need gimpy here if he never wanted to be here in the 1st place.

I'm definitely warming up to A.J. though. Very credible reports are coming that he will be actively available and he looked pretty solid there in relief of Dalton. I also like (just like Jimmy G.) that's he's got a year left on his contract so if he doesn't pan out we wouldn't end up in an Osweiler situation. This also gives the Browns A LOT of flexibility in the draft which I greatly am in favor for.

"Vikings quarterback Teddy Twatwater, who's up for Pepsi Rookie of the Year, didn't want to play for the Browns in part because he knew that not everyone in the organization was on board with drafting him, a league source told Northeast Ohio Media Group"

That sounds more like the kid didn't want a team to be wishy washy about drafting him. If he ended up as a free agent or the Vikes would be willing to trade him for a mid rounder, I wouldn't hate if the Browns bit on it.

Zimmer said that Bradford is the likely starter next year and thus Bridgewater will be the backup. Opens the door for the Vikes possibly wanting to move him.

He's cheap - rookie contract - but also going into his last year of it I think, same draft as Bortles, Carr, Garoppolo, McCarron etc. He's also shown the ability to play in this league, so essentially they have two potential franchise QBs. If the price is right, I'm all on board.

Archived