THE BROWNS BOARD

Tiamat's tale of the tape.

tiamat63

We gave this a go last year with mixed results. Simple concept, we used a medium like GoToMeeting or Skype, I share screen and we watch, discect and share our thoughts on the film of a pre-determined set of players. I'd like to shoot for either this or next Sunday. That would be the 8th or 15th.

I'm looking at going defensive front the first time around. We can beat to death Allen vs Garrett all day so I feel taking a look at Barnett of Tennessee, Williams of Bama, Watt at Wisconsin and a couple other prospects. Suggestions are welcomed, including linebackers.

If there's any interest, this is the time and thread to share it.

I second Jabrill Peppers being BANISHED from any Cleveland Browns draft thoughts,thinking,talk,discussion,in other words BANNED from our draft board!!! NEXT!!!

Would love to participate in a round table provided I can navigate the technology! :-)

Time zones...?

Yes... I am in one... :)

Can't see group "watching", but were we to each review tape before hand on a handful of prospects, then bring our thoughts and video examples to the "meeting", then I could get interested in at the "right time". One great benefit I can see is collectively getting deeper into the draft.

That said the right time for me is not now. Until the declaration deadline passes (Jan 18 this year) I'm not really starting my "scouting" in earnest.

I'm in EST and would plan on hosting on that time zone.

Gunning for 'NEXT' Sunday, 1/15. I think if done right we could make this work.

I.E. lead the film, stop before a given play, recognize formation, let the play go, pause and then go in order on who would like to give their 2cents. Given this would involve at minimum several people, I'd want to condense our viewing to only a very few prospects - 5 at most.

, but were we to each review tape before hand on a handful of prospects, then bring our thoughts and video examples to the "meeting"

Also a solid idea. One I'd like to apply to more mid-round targets where the draft pool and the opinions on a player become increasingly subjective.

I think divvying up players would be a solid way to go. Could use the CBS list. All hit the top five or so, and then divvy up the next 15 or so depending on position, e.g., more WRs & CBs, fewer Centers & FSs.

Also positions could be divided up for folks to do all, or nearly all, of one(s) that they are more interested in. This would put at least two sets of eyes on each player. For me this would be OTs and OGs... Cs, I can live without.

All good ideas. I like the idea of having a set day/time each month that all could plan for. I'm in, and I will work around the dates/times ... just set one.

I'd attend if I was around just to observe and learn more. I'm not anywhere near qualifed to break down film.

Why the Speedo?

I'd attend if I was around just to observe and learn more. I'm not anywhere near qualifed to break down film.

Screw that... it ain't rocket science. :)

Seriously, you can only learn by doing and then comparing notes.

When you focus on one player captured in a video cut up, it's not hard to determine whether he wins or loses his battle. Pretty soon you then start seeing patterns in why players win or lose. If in some plays you don't end up having any idea what his assignment was, then odds are he did not either.

There you're trained... :)

Seriously start with a line position... whichever side of the ball you enjoy most. Did the DE guess/pick a side, or did he control and read his blocker? Did the LG miss a stunt because he wasn't quick enough, or did he not see it because he dropped his head initially double teaming the NT? It's really about gauging athleticism, which can't be taught, vs. technique, which can be.

Then move to the RBs and/or LBs where reaction/anticipation are even bigger factors.

WRs, DBs and QBs leave for later. Unless you have all-22 footage available they are very hard to evaluate and even experienced amateur evaluators end up with impressions or educated guesses at best, e.g., was the QB going thru progressions, how well did the CB turn out of his back-peddle, how crisp was the WR's cut and did he come back to the ball?

Basically just wanted to freak Mark out. Mission Accomplished.

Ah... so Mark is comfortable with "The Full Monty". Good to know...

Ah... so Mark is comfortable with "The Full Monty". Good to know...

Mark isn't comfortable with anything involving Zombo that doesn't include him completely and totally clothed from head to toe. I would prefer if he covered that bald spot on his head as well.

I would prefer if he covered that bald spot on his head as well.

Ummmm... I just can't bring myself to ask the obvious question...

Ummmm... I just can't bring myself to ask the obvious question...

Oh brother ...

You guys just go ahead and do your scout thing and we'll get as many people to participate as we can. Fully clothed.

Zombo

uhhh why?

1.He IS a premedonna!

2.He IS a diva!

3.NO CLASS!

4.He is a tweaner!

5.He is a cry baby!

6.He has BUST written all over him!!!!!!

7.He is from THAT SCHOOL UP NORTH!!!

8.NUFF SAID IMHO!!!

Archived