THE BROWNS BOARD

Congress Set To Defund Planned Parenthood In Aggressive Legislative Push

OldBrownsFan

Republicans in Congress plan to defund Planned Parenthood as part of their bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday.

The move would deal a huge blow to the abortion giant, which estimates federal funds account for 40 percent of its total revenue each year. Another 10 percent comes from state and local governments, totaling a whopping sum of $500 million a year.

Congress voted to defund Planned Parenthood last year — after a series of videos exposed the non-profit’s dealings in fetal tissue parts — but did not have the votes to override Obama’s veto of the measure. More than a dozen states have already defunded Planned Parenthood, in most cases as a direct response to the release of the videos.

Planned Parenthood: If you want to be happy, get an abortion - TheBlaze

www.theblaze.com/.../planned-parenthood-if-you-want-to-be-happy-get-an...

17 hours ago - Planned Parenthood: If you want to be happy, get an abortion Cecile Richards, Planned Parenthood's president, addresses an audience during ...

no, you are emoting, not thinking.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/11/24/democrats_and_the_nazi_card_132428.html

sujectively using the comparison to "nazi" is playing the nazi card in poker.

My comment was legit. You said pp did other things besides abortions, and I said nazis did other things besides..."

I just left out the obvious - death concentration camps. My point was valid - I wasn't playing attack poker bluff nothing.

Cleve, you never have any idea of what you are talking about. Not a good idea to keep

mouthing off.

You are now coming off like a cross between ernest t bass and emily latella, which would

explain your possible confusion about your sexuality, if it exists.

cleve = ernest-t-bass.jpg+140207_2721447_Emily_s_Editorial_Reply_a

Defunding PP is a terrible idea. It shows a lack of critical thinking. But thanks to OBF, we know where the religious types that would support something like this stand on critical thinking

We don't approve of murdering babies Woody. That is having a conscience and some good critical thinking to boot. Let Planned Parenthood get private funding from critical thinkers like yourself.

We don't approve of murdering babies Woody. That is having a conscience and some good critical thinking to boot. Let Planned Parenthood get private funding from critical thinkers like yourself.

Well then I don't want my tax dollars subsidizing churches, mosques, etc . I fundamentally disagree with what they teach. Since we can pick and choose...

Well then I don't want my tax dollars subsidizing churches, mosques, etc . I fundamentally disagree with what they teach. Since we can pick and choose...

Churches earn their tax exemption by contributing to the public good. Churches offer numerous social services to people in need, including soup kitchens, homeless shelters, afterschool programs for poor families, assistance to victims of domestic violence, etc. These efforts relieve government of doing work it would otherwise be obliged to undertake.

Churches earn their tax exemption by contributing to the public good. Churches offer numerous social services to people in need, including soup kitchens, homeless shelters, afterschool programs for poor families, assistance to victims of domestic violence, etc. These efforts relieve government of doing work it would otherwise be obliged to undertake.

And PP does alot more than just abortions. So you can't have it both ways. I'm all for eyeballing the shit out of PP to make sure they're behaving, but lets not act like it's much different than churches. You can't have it both ways.

perfect...

My_trap_card.jpg

Kind of like how Planned Parenthood provides women's health services, pregnancy planning, STD testing, helps to prevent unwanted pregnancies, etc, right?

It would be unconstitutional to tax churches and that's that.

Churches also do not murder innocent babies so there's that.

Back to the real topic, not the liberal queers' diversion:

I can't wait until the the day that the scourge of society that planned murderhood is will be wiped off the map.

I read this and thought it was Cleve doing a joke cal response

It was an actual Cal response

That's how low we've gone

asswhole woodypeckerhead strikes again. No valid input, so tries to start personal bitch sessions with OBF, Steve, me

etc etc etc...

It would be unconstitutional to tax churches and that's that.

Churches also do not murder innocent babies so there's that.

Back to the real topic, not the liberal queers' diversion:

I can't wait until the the day that the scourge of society that planned murderhood is will be wiped off the map.

Not necessarily. Churches and other religious organizations are exempt from taxes under IRS 501 C to keep the separation of church and state, but there is one caveat to that:

"To be tax-exempt under section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501©(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates."

So, if these churches and other religious organizations are giving money or aid (lobbying) to politicians to advance their goal of abolishing abortion, then they are no longer exempt from taxes.

Simply put, if churches have enough money to give to politicians to stop abortions, then they have enough money to pay Uncle Sam taxes too.

So, if these churches and other religious organizations are giving money or aid (lobbying) to politicians to advance their goal of abolishing abortion, then they are no longer exempt from taxes.

Simply put, if churches have enough money to give to politicians to stop abortions, then they have enough money to pay Uncle Sam taxes too.

Which is exactly my beef. You want to buy influence and lobby as some type of special interest group? Cool... you're giving Uncle Sam his due then.

Abortions are paid for with private funds, so your hands are clean.

So.... I'd say there's a great deal more of critical thinking coming from the end of those whom don't want to touch PP, no?

Which is exactly my beef. You want to buy influence and lobby as some type of special interest group? Cool... you're giving Uncle Sam his due then.

Abortions are paid for with private funds, so your hands are clean.

So.... I'd say there's a great deal more of critical thinking coming from the end of those whom don't want to touch PP, no?

Not exactly true, but pretty close:

planned-parenthood-services-2013-14_char

planned-parenthood-revenue-sources-m-_ch

Archived