THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Down

The Gipper

Just out of interest if the Titans offered 5, 18 and 33 for the number 1 would you do it ... ?

We then have 5,12,18,32,33 and 52 in the first 2 rounds ...

5 and 18 might do it. But throw in say a 4th rounder. I would think long and hard on it...and probably favor it.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 and 18 might do it. But throw in say a 4th rounder. I would think long and hard on it...and probably favor it.

FO already said they are not in the trade down business this year because of the # of quality picks we have the 1st two days and the depth of talent in this draft. I think I actually believe them this year.

FO already said they are not in the trade down business this year because of the # of quality picks we have the 1st two days and the depth of talent in this draft. I think I actually believe them this year.

Sure, but, the question was asked "what would YOU do"...not what would the Browns FO do.

The basic reason I might favor it is that 3 outstanding players on your team are better than 2 outstanding players on your team.

And as I pointed out elsewhere, based on a link that was provided, our dire needs at QB are 10 out of 10, at OLB its 9 out of 10, at DE, CB, FS, DT it is like 8 out of 10. I would like perhaps to see 3 of those spots go to 1 out of 10.....better 3 than 2.

5, 18 and a 2018 3rd and I'm on board.

I love Garret's potential, but it's still only potential.

MG is the best prospect in this class, but Picking at five guarantees another elite defensive prospect (Allen, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Thomas) and allows to add another first rd talent like Conley, Mckinnley or McDowell. The 2018 3rd is icing on the cake.

It's still close as I've fallen in love with the idea of Garrett coming at the QB from one side while Ogbah comes from the other but a 1st rd of: Allen, Howard, Conley is too good to pass up.

5, 18 and a 2018 3rd and I'm on board.

It's still close as I've fallen in love with the idea of Garrett coming at the QB from one side while Ogbah comes from the other but a 1st rd of: Allen, Howard, Conley is too good to pass up.

There is no guarantee Allen would be there @ 5, so if he is off the table you're screwed right away. And Howard is likely gone by 12 and possible Conley too. So if you take that trade with one of those already gone and one of the others in jeopardy, it's a no go from the "git go". Think long, think wrong has been the Browns' mantra since 1999.

There is no guarantee Allen would be there @ 5, so if he is off the table you're screwed right away. And Howard is likely gone by 12 and possible Conley too. So if you take that trade with one of those already gone and one of the others in jeopardy, it's a no go from the "git go". Think long, think wrong has been the Browns' mantra since 1999.

I was just giving an example of one possible outcome. Either way, pick 5 will net an elite defensive prospect. If its up to me, allen will be gone by pick 5, but that means another stud will be there. The added value of the caliber of player available at 18 offsets the drop between Garrett and whoever the Browns would get at 5 in my humble opinion.

You'll get Adams or Allen. I'm good wth that.

War............So if the trade goes through and the picks go as below in no particular order after Garrett, who do you take @ #5? Lattimore, Hooker, Trubs?

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Thomas

4. Adams

5. ??

Doesn't sound like we're trading down, and I know a bunch of people that would be EXTREMELY happy about that if Garrett is the guy. I can promise you that I'll be buying a Garrett jersey immediately (effectively ending his career in the NFL), and I think the overall excitement and buzz of taking the #1 pick and having it be someone like Garrett will be wonderful for Cleveland. I'm also excited that Garrett will get to practice against Joe Thomas, and I really believe that will help him sooner than later.

The Browns need to stop trying to place value on their draft picks and start using their draft picks to acquire talent.

Trubisky will go no later than #6 and will the steal of the draft for the Jets. Will Trubisky be the next great QB? Who knows. He IS however the best of this year's crop. If the Browns trade down past 6, they will have again gotten fucked and have a failed draft like they did last year.

Take Trubisky #1, then take the big Clemson WR at 12# the rest of the draft is bullshit luck.

Hue likes Black Tarkenton, he has a red ass over his RG3 decision. THe dumb bastard is all in for DeShit.

If the Browns do trade down by chance, it will not be past #6. It could be to 5, but no lower, imo.

I was just giving an example of one possible outcome. Either way, pick 5 will net an elite defensive prospect. If its up to me, allen will be gone by pick 5, but that means another stud will be there. The added value of the caliber of player available at 18 offsets the drop between Garrett and whoever the Browns would get at 5 in my humble opinion.

I pretty much agree here. I have said it before, while Gayrett may be considered the best prospective edge talent, he is not so exponentially better than a few others at that position that it is beyond thought to move past him if the deal is right.

Think about it: What could having 5, 12, 18, and 33 do for filling the holes in this team? With needs at QB/CB/FS/SS/OLB/DE/DT?

Doesn't sound like we're trading down, and I know a bunch of people that would be EXTREMELY happy about that if Garrett is the guy. I can promise you that I'll be buying a Garrett jersey immediately (effectively ending his career in the NFL), and I think the overall excitement and buzz of taking the #1 pick and having it be someone like Garrett will be wonderful for Cleveland. I'm also excited that Garrett will get to practice against Joe Thomas, and I really believe that will help him sooner than later.

Foolish investment, buying jerseys of unproven players. If you must buy, try #32, #14, #76. Retired numbers of HOFers Brown/OG/Groza.

I mean, I suppose you have a #2 JMZ jersey. How did that work out?

Foolish investment, buying jerseys of unproven players. If you must buy, try #32, #14, #76. Retired numbers of HOFers Brown/OG/Groza.

I mean, I suppose you have a #2 JMZ jersey. How did that work out?

Or it might be like the Star Wars action figures my wife throw out after the kids grew up. Now they are worth a ton. Ya never know who will pay how much for what likely will be a rarity 30 years from now if it's still in plastic (like mine). :lol: Now if I can just get him to autograph it.

Or it might be like the Star Wars action figures my wife throw out after the kids grew up. Now they are worth a ton. Ya never know who will pay how much for what likely will be a rarity 30 years from now if it's still in plastic (like mine). :lol: Now if I can just get him to autograph it.

If he becomes that good, then you can buy his jersey later.....when you know it may continue to be worth something.

I mean, how much is a JMZ #2 going for now?

I saw them in stores for half price. Why don't you just give these away, burn them, or donate them to the Salvation Army?

War............So if the trade goes through and the picks go as below in no particular order after Garrett, who do you take @ #5? Lattimore, Hooker, Trubs?

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Thomas

4. Adams

5. ??

Personally I'd go Foster. I know the Captain Underpants crowd may not like that too much but it's a good pick.

OJ is also there as is Hooker, the CBs, and Reddick.

You can't put any one guy on a pedestal. There's a price for everything. I've watched him as much as anyone here. Myles ain't THAT good.

Perhaps if you add QBs getting flushed up and into the waiting arms of Des and/or Danny to your "vision", it'd be enough to get you to step back from the edge of that ledge you're on...

Don't jump, man... think of your children!

I'm starting to wish the Browns could get Adams. That kid is going to be great.

I honestly believe Adams is the best player in the draft.....#1.....and, in the end, will prove to be the best pro.....

Garrett has higher measureables and is at a more desirable position....but,, personally.....Id be just as happy with Adams......

Agree... I have him #2 on my board... but his case for #1 is there.

Adams was a guest on NFL Live yesterday. Really came over well and would pack the ladies into the stands, i.e., good-looking kid.... real face of the franchise, billboard material. Interviews? Has a bad case of the "ums", but with practice they will go away just as they faded during the show as he relaxed a little.

Told a great story about how he's been a hitter since the age of five. Was knocking kids out by age eight causing some teams to forfeit games and others to continue on the condition that Adams be sidelined. He said big hits are not his objective... his objective is to get the ball carrier on the ground by any means possible... but if a shot presents itself, he's going to take it.

I did not realize his Dad is a former 1st round pick... NYG in the 80's... and has a SB ring.

Adams was a guest on NFL Live yesterday. Really came over well and would pack the ladies into the stands, i.e., good-looking kid.... real face of the franchise, billboard material. Interviews? Has a bad case of the "ums", but with practice they will go away just as they faded during the show as he relaxed a little.

Told a great story about how he's been a hitter since the age of five. Was knocking kids out by age eight causing some teams to forfeit games and others to continue on the condition that Adams be sidelined. He said big hits are not his objective... his objective is to get the ball carrier on the ground by any means possible... but if a shot presents itself, he's going to take it.

I did not realize his Dad is a former 1st round pick... NYG in the 80's... and has a SB ring.

Yep.....he is the only acceptable reason I see for a trade down(1 spot only, please).....because if the Browns found a way to get an extra #1(or more)....plus Adams.....and still keep #12....Im in.....

....Id be just as happy with Adams......

here's your chance to go get Whitner fresh out of OSU again..let them think your going up from 12 for QB..only thing that matters..Put Adams on the Card..

here's your chance to go get Whitner fresh out of OSU again..let them think your going up from 12 for QB..only thing that matters..Put Adams on the Card..

Yep....and Adams is way better than Whitner ever was......I see Don Rogers....Kenny Easley type of talent.....

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Thomas

4. Adams

5. ??

Perfect example of why I wouldn't make this trade. The Browns defense needs the most help, but the best four defenders are off the board. Not to mention that the #1 pick is head and shoulders above any other player in the draft, according to player ratings AND on the field performance. Sure, you'll get Trubisky here - but put him together with whoever you get at #18 and it still doesn't add-up to the quality of football player that Garrett is. Stand pat, take Garrett at 1 and Howard/Conley/Hooker at 12 and the Browns would be much better for it.

1. Garrett

2. Allen

3. Thomas

4. Adams

5. ??

If the Browns keep #1 and draft Garrett and the above scenario plays out through pick #3, I would hope that Sashi would try to trade up to #4 to get Adams.

Has a bad case of the "ums", but with practice they will go away just as they faded during the show as he relaxed a little.

Speaking of Ums (de dumbs)......didja see Corey Colemans interview this past week?.......wow.....not impressive

Archived