THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Down

The Gipper

Very wise...

What's your take on your Broncos' QB situation?

I would like to add Romo but shoring up our offensive line is a bigger priority. Neither of the QBs wowed me but neither made me hate them either. The dreaded qb purgatory. But our offensive lines the last 2 years have been really bad so I don't think adding Romo would make us legit contenders. Also I think we really need to fix or interior of our defensive line. We still have an excellent defense but our poor run defense up the middle pretty much brings our production to mediocre which is a shame as most of the pieces are there for it to be suffocating. So I think adding Romo wouldn't make us contenders while I think fixing both lines would even without Romo.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add Romo and fix your OL would seem like a recipe... see if lightening can strike twice. But your D has been nicked by FA... no concerns there?

Just the interior d-line. Losing Malik Jackson hurt more than I would have liked last year, but his replacement got hurt in the preseason so that ended up causing a lot of problems. Teams were able to run up the middle against us and we couldn't do anything about it even when we knew what play they were running. I think we have the majority and the key pieces in tact so I am not as worried about that side. We need to address it but should be an easier fix than the o-line /qb situation. I agree fix oline / Romo would be idea, but was just saying if we just add Romo I don't know that we would be real contenders.

Only in the land of Browns-tardo is Romo an MORE OL players an option to "build for the future"

Fucking morons.

Yes you are... Broncos are in win now mode.

Took a chance that if I looked I'd find a football post... my bad... lesson learned... again...

I think we've picked up enough guys for the OL. RT might be an issue but we've got some guys to compete there...including Erving who's clinging on for dear life.

I'm also tired of trading down and letting everybody else get the really good guys.

We have the #1 & 12. And we stink. So let's take two really good players.

Joe Banner was right in saying that the name of the game is Pass And Rush The Passer.

We need both (as usual).

I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.

ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.

And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?

The draft exposes pussies. Most of you here are pussies. You really could get a job for the Browns, you would fit right in.

I have never in my fucking life seen a bunch of cunts afraid of high draft picks. Great teams would suck a BBC for a high draft pick, Browns fans however think high draft picks are land mines.

Fucking idiots.

It don't matter what we do, think or say......Most of what is said here is for shits and giggles. You know, how many angels can you fit on the head of a pin, that sort of thing.

Just harmless speculation. The Browns FO is going to do what it wants to do...and I doubt it consults this board for advice

(even if sometimes they should).

I would like to add Romo but shoring up our offensive line is a bigger priority. Neither of the QBs wowed me but neither made me hate them either. The dreaded qb purgatory. But our offensive lines the last 2 years have been really bad so I don't think adding Romo would make us legit contenders. Also I think we really need to fix or interior of our defensive line. We still have an excellent defense but our poor run defense up the middle pretty much brings our production to mediocre which is a shame as most of the pieces are there for it to be suffocating. So I think adding Romo wouldn't make us contenders while I think fixing both lines would even without Romo.

Romo is going to be a TV commentator because he is fucking done being an NFL QB.

Better off having Brock Osweiler and Kessler.

Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?

I'll probably take some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. The Browns would be guaranteed to land an elite defensive prospect (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Hooker, Adams) and pick up an extra top 20 pick. Garrett is a great prospect, but those other guys are close enough to make the trade back a no-brainer. Would you take Jamaal Adams and Malik McDowell instead of Myles Garrett? I would. How about Solomon Thomas and Gareon Conley? Yup. Malik Hooker and Taco Charlton...you see where I'm going with this.

I'll probably take some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind that trade one bit. The Browns would be guaranteed to land an elite defensive prospect (Garrett, Allen, Thomas, Hooker, Adams) and pick up an extra top 20 pick. Garrett is a great prospect, but those other guys are close enough to make the trade back a no-brainer. Would you take Jamaal Adams and Malik McDowell instead of Myles Garrett? I would. How about Solomon Thomas and Gareon Conley? Yup. Malik Hooker and Taco Charlton...you see where I'm going with this.

I think I would too. Thomas and Barnett are potentially as good as Garrett. Getting a top DB seems critical to me. And then there is the QB thing.

I get you need a qb, just don't force it. You are not a qb away from being a contender, but with the slew of picks you have in this loaded draft plus next year you could be there very quickly. You have the chance to really stabilize your team, take it.

ERGO, taking your argument, it calls then for the trade down. If you don't want to "force" a pick, then trade down from #1....get more of the players that are available in this "loaded" draft.

And all I say is: don't be surprised if that is exactly what the Browns do. With all the salary cap space they have NOT expended all that much of it so far...and there really isn't a lot out to to spend on, unless you want to give Adrian Peterson the 8 mill. that he is demanding ( I don't). Therefore, it may be quite possible that the Browns could try to snag even another 1st rounder with a trade down. If they could do, say a deal with the Tits for #5 and #18, that would give them 3 of the top 18 picks....and even if you argue not to draft a qB, they could fill in several holes....DL if you will, DB,..maybe a couple. OL. Other skill player?

Well if you only read that one sentence then you can make that claim I suppose.

But..

This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5. I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him. There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.

I would not do that trade. Adams is not expected to last until #5.

Take Garrett at #1 and should Adams drop to #5 and you want that deal... call TN then... just for God sake don't trade down and hope or believe your "reconnaissance" that he'll be there.

FYI... I do not make that call. #Front2Back&InsideOut

Pretty well his max...

"Slew of picks in a loaded draft". To me, if the draft is loaded, then it is top loaded. So you stock up on Top draft picks.

But..

This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (

Now who is not paying attention?

at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5.

Everything I read says the Titans need primarily two things: an edge rusher and a WR. If they go up, it would be for Garrett likely.

I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him.

Its not that I don't think much of Garrett...its just that I don't think he is Jesus Christ incarnate the way some here do. I do think that even if he is the best prospect...that his position is NOT the greatest...nor even the Top 3 greatest needs of the Browns. I also think that there are others who may in fact be just about as good as Garrett. If I had the chance to do the trade with the Tits, I don't think highly enough of him not to do that deal...because I think we could get someone about as good...plus get another top notch player, be that QB or DB.

Plus, I don't think you have a clue what the Browns actually think.

There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.

But...it IS up for discussion. The Browns have put it up for discussion by saying publicly that they would consider a trade for the #1 pick. If they were so certain of him as so much beyond anyone else in this draft, they would not invite offers the way that they have.

I was really referring to the Titans needing a safety / db. One of Booker/Adams/Lattimore should be available at #5, kind of hampering a possible trade with them.

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)

2016 record: 9-7 (.465)

Top needs: CB, WR, ILB

Analysis: The secondary has to be addressed fairly early in the draft for the Titans with the WR talent inside the division. Mariota caught fire in 2016, but still needs a trustworthy WR1. The Titans would greatly benefit from finding an inside linebacker who can cover on third downs.

"Slew of picks in a loaded draft". To me, if the draft is loaded, then it is top loaded. So you stock up on Top draft picks.

But..

This is a very strong defensive draft along with the fact that there doesn't seem to be a qb for a team to fall in love with (

Now who is not paying attention? --

My Whole point is that I don't think you are going to be able to stock up on "top" draft picks. Not that it wouldn't be worth it, sure it would be worth it, but you need to find partners for that to happen.

at least yet anyways which this could be the wildcard), teams aren't going to be as inclined to give up a lot of value for that #1 selection. I think teams this year are going to cherish their top 20 pick and so any moves made to get multiple top 20 picks are going to be hard to come by. Also couple that with the number of early draft picks you already have, I don't think the Browns will take less value than the #1 is worth just to acquire more picks. If the Titans would give up #5 and #18 to move up, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them pull the trigger on that, but the Titans do have a strong need at safety and they can pretty much get their pick of the litter in a very strong class around #5.

Everything I read says the Titans need primarily two things: an edge rusher and a WR. If they go up, it would be for Garrett likely.

I've read that its DB, WR but I could be wrong and maybe that will be a willing partner for you

I get that you don't think much of Garrett and really just want to trade out of the #1 pick so that you can give them an excuse to pick someone else, but I think the Browns as well as the rest of the NFL pretty much have a different opinion of him and aren't looking for an excuse not to take him.

Its not that I don't think much of Garrett...its just that I don't think he is Jesus Christ incarnate the way some here do. I do think that even if he is the best prospect...that his position is NOT the greatest...nor even the Top 3 greatest needs of the Browns. I also think that there are others who may in fact be just about as good as Garrett. If I had the chance to do the trade with the Tits, I don't think highly enough of him not to do that deal...because I think we could get someone about as good...plus get another top notch player, be that QB or DB.

Plus, I don't think you have a clue what the Browns actually think.

Not trying to pretend to know what the Browns are thinking, just conveying that I haven't heard anyone else mentioned as a possibility if they keep the #1 pick other than Garrett.

There are several players in this draft that would warrant being the #1 pick in other draft years, and the fact that the #1 pick isn't even really up for discussion should tell you a lot, regardless of your personal scouting opinion on the kid.

But...it IS up for discussion. The Browns have put it up for discussion by saying publicly that they would consider a trade for the #1 pick. If they were so certain of him as so much beyond anyone else in this draft, they would not invite offers the way that they have.

--If a team trades for the #1 pick, I think it would only be for Garrett at this point. That's what I meant by "isn't even really up for discussion". Again a team could start to fall in love with a QB and that would change things. But I would find it a bit odd if a team traded with the Browns in order to draft a QB at #1, but stranger things have happened.

If the tits would trade 5 plus 18, for the number one. I'd take it in a New York MIn.... 5-12-18-32-52 I'd be a Happy Camper.....

• 3 weeks later...

A little new fuel for this old fire...

Browns keep laying the foundation for a trade down
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2017, 10:50 PM EDT

It started with a leak that running back Leonard Fournette is “in play” for the first overall pick in the draft. It continues with a leak that the Browns are torn between two other players: pass rusher Myles Garrett and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (pictured).

The latest nugget comes from Adam Schefter of ESPN, who reported that Cleveland hasn’t made up its mind between Garrett and Trubisky not long after tweeting that an unnamed NFL executive told him not to be surprised if Garrett isn’t the top pick.

The game here is simple and clear: Cast a wide net as to what the Browns could do with the top pick so that if/when they trade down and take someone in a lower spot, they can claim that’s the guy they would have taken at No. 1.

The bigger question is whether the Browns can get the deal they want to trade out of the top spot. It requires one team to fall sufficiently in love with a guy who otherwise would be gone by the time that team picks to make the right offer. For the Brown, who seem to value the promise of a future pick more than exercising a current pick, the interest in trading down is becoming more and more clear.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/11/browns-keep-laying-the-foundation-for-a-trade-down/

One thing fueling these various reports/rumors is the fact that any number of people who are scrutinizing Garrett are coming up with a variety of "holes" in his game. I know the Gays for Gayrett don't want to hear it, but it is a fact, from Booger McFarland to any number of other "analysts", they say he has weaknesses in his game that are a bit concerning.

That, plus the fact that QB is such a dire need for the Browns (and DE is not), and the fact that it is believed that a potentially equally or nearly equally talented edge rusher can be obtained later on in the draft, perhaps at #12.

Just out of interest if the Titans offered 5, 18 and 33 for the number 1 would you do it ... ?

We then have 5,12,18,32,33 and 52 in the first 2 rounds ...

Just out of interest if the Titans offered 5, 18 and 33 for the number 1 would you do it ... ?

We then have 5,12,18,32,33 and 52 in the first 2 rounds ...

Well... since we already own the #33 and the Saints own the #32 and TN does not even have a 2nd round pick in this draft.... No. ;)

But even if the trade you propose was possible? Hmmmmm... No... and I hesitated just to be polite...

Archived