• Created
  • Last Reply

Who I want

REUBEN FOSTER LB

Who I think they Pick

JUST DON"T GO QB AT #1

who do you see them going for ? JIMMY GARRAPALO #33 & a 4th

^^CAPS at #12 Hooker or J.Adams

I think with a line of Garrett, Allen, Shelton, Nassib...

We should trade away everything for the next 2 drafts to come away with:

Garrett/Trubisky/Allen/Hooker

That would be our 3-4 players that could make us better than the Steelers.

We already have the #1.

To get the number 2... We could trade our two seconds this year and a first next year. and some other stuff

To get the number 3... We trade Our Number 12 overall and our 2 second rounders next year. and some other stuff

Trade pretty much the rest of the draft to move up to #4 and get the sweep... Keep in mind that we can't trade our compensatory picks so maybe we still get a few of the other gems in this draft.... that kicker, and Pumphrey for our ST and speed back.

:)

#1 ALLEN

#12 FOSTER OR HOOKER

#33 ELF

Allen or Garrett, but only with the stipulation that I could also pick one of the edge rushers @ #12 if I took Allen. Then later we can trade up to #22 so Gip gets a QB and a pack of Trojans. ;)

BTW if you think we fired all those guys and are bringing in all these new defensive coaches just to get another QB @ #1, I got news for you. They are coming to fix this defense and they will want most of this draft for their side of the ball.

Allen or Garrett, but only with the stipulation that I could also pick one of the edge rushers @ #12 if I took Allen. Then later we can trade up to #22 so Gip gets a QB and a pack of Trojans. ;)

BTW if you think we fired all those guys and are bringing in all these new defensive coaches just to get another QB @ #1, I got news for you. They are coming to fix this defense and they will want most of this draft for their side of the ball.

^^^ This. Without the Trojans.

I think with a line of Garrett, Allen, Shelton, Nassib...

We should trade away everything for the next 2 drafts to come away with:

Garrett/Trubisky/Allen/Hooker

That would be our 3-4 players that could make us better than the Steelers.

We already have the #1.

To get the number 2... We could trade our two seconds this year and a first next year. and some other stuff

To get the number 3... We trade Our Number 12 overall and our 2 second rounders next year. and some other stuff

Trade pretty much the rest of the draft to move up to #4 and get the sweep... Keep in mind that we can't trade our compensatory picks so maybe we still get a few of the other gems in this draft.... that kicker, and Pumphrey for our ST and speed back.

:)

You can trade comp picks this year Po. The deal for Collins was for a comp third. If we don't get one, it will probably (TBD) our top 4th round pick. LOL, patience, we're not going to try and fix everything in one year. BTW, subject to future developments everyone should know by now me and Gip's pick at #1. The local guy. Then alternate BPA defense- offense.

Trade down but stay in the top 10. Get Garrett/Allen/Barnett/Williams/Lawson. A pass rusher. Whoever falls to you.

12-Foster

EXTRA FIRST ROUNDER FROM #1 TRADE-Hooker/Adams

33-Garoppollo

Titans pick or whatever it is-Pocic or Elflein

EXTRA SECOND ROUNDER JUST BECAUSE SASHI IS A MAGICIAN-Ryan Anderson

Bring 2-3 Bama boys into your front 7. They bring the talent. They bring the attitude. And they bring the frickin' culture.

Ogbah/Nassib-Meder(/Allen)-Shelton-Garrett(/Barnett/Williams/Lawson)/Orchard

Collins-Foster-Kirksey

Ryan Anderson and Demario Davis. Not a bad pair of backups/guys to bring in for your 3/4 looks.

Get ready.

Garret or Allen at #1. Hooker or Adams at #12 though I won't be surprised if both are gone by then. Since Gregg Williams likes an in-the-box strong safety, I could see Peppers here as well. Apparently Justin Evans fills that mold, too, so I think we won't have a problem adding a top safety to this team.

If Trubisky fell to #12, I would definitely want to consider that. Otherwise, trade a the 2017 and 2018 second round picks for Garoppolo.

We need a QB, we all know this. However, we also have SO many other needs, that I don't think we can afford to take a QB at one this year. If there was a dynamic prospect that everyone felt was THE guy, then yes, obviously we should take that person...but there's not THAT guy. The Eagles managed to really screw us by winning their last two games, and that essentially knocked us out of getting one of the "top 3" QB's this year. Could one of the guys slide to us? Absolutely, and MUCH will change in the coming months. The big thing that I'm waiting to hear about now is whether or not Deshawn Watson will play in the Senior Bowl. Since Hue Jackson is coaching the Senior Bowl, it would be HUGE for our staff to get an up close and personal look at what Watson can and can't do. Watson has much to gain from participating in the bowl, but many elite prospects elect not to play, either at the behest of their agents, injury concerns, or whatever. If Watson DOES attend the Senior Bowl, and Hue Jackson likes what he sees, then I can see us potentially moving up from 12 to ensure we get him, but I don't see us passing on Myles Garrett. Not with us needing to staff a 4-3 defense, and desperately needing an elite edge rushing prospect.

If that pack of Trojans includes Adoree Jackson somewhere in this draft, then I am interested.

That is a major assumption. Or maybe, just maybe our FO believes that they have already delivered talent to the defense, and the right action is in getting someone to coach that talent.

The Browns made major investment last year in Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert, Kindred. Plus, Sachi and Berry were around the year before for the selections of Orchard and Cooper (even if they were not in charge).

It is highly possible that they see that these guys underachieved due to coaching.

But, lets assume you are right...they do want to fix the defense. They have 4 picks in the first two rounds. They could use up to 3 of the 4 on defense.

But, I personally don't think so.

I think that the Browns choose 2 on offense and 2 on defense.

My personal lust is still for a Allen - Foster, 1-12 punch...

However, if we see a QB we are willing to go all in on, at either pick, I can handle that. It'd help a lot if I see the same thing, but I think I could handle it.

The strengths of the draft at Edge and DB will push other, albeit lesser, options to us, but I want elite additions dammit and all those I've seen to date are at the deepest... plus Foster, since MLB is not in the current strengths conversation.

Spending years of future drafts to load up this year in inconceivable to me.

To be fair Tour, this is a friggin excellent defensive draft. Feels like every time you talk about a must-have defender you can point to guys right behind him that are very near as good.

Garret: Williams, Barnett, et al

Hooker: Adams

Foster: Anderson

Off the top of my head I can't remember who/if there is an Allen-lite.

And bonus O positions: Trubisky/Kizer and Elflein/Pocic

To be fair Tour, this is a friggin excellent defensive draft. Feels like every time you talk about a must-have defender you can point to guys right behind him that are very near as good.

Agree... very deep in very good defenders. But very good is not "elite".

Ive moved toward Allen as my #1, but would take Garrett too.....

Then, give me Reuben or a top safety....Adams or Hooker would be just fine.....

Or a premium CB would work too......

Just get some elite defensive talent....pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Ive moved toward Allen as my #1, but would take Garrett too.....

Then, give me Reuben or a top safety....Adams or Hooker would be just fine.....

Or a premium CB would work too......

Just get some elite defensive talent....pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Preach it Mud!

Good thing our defensive coaches are not our FO and they don't call the shots.

The more I think about it, the more flexible I'm becoming with 1 overall. Garrett or Allen would be great given our obvious needs on the defensive side. That being said, if Trubisky or Kizer ends up being #1, I won't be upset. Quality starting QBs in the NFL are either pass or fail. If the Browns believe there is a prospect who can be the answer to the position, they have to pull the trigger.

Archived