THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft Central

The Gipper

LSU has a DB in the first round practically every year and the only ones I can name based on their NFL performances are Peterson and Mathieu.

Don't need a monopoly in DB's but it sure would help if their 40's,high jump & reactions were quicker/higher than some of our opponents receivers..still waiting on that anal-lynics

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One school to one NFL team means nothing. Especially when your sample size is 1 or 2. LSU has a DB in the first round practically every year and the only ones I can name based on their NFL performances are Peterson and Mathieu.

Well....maybe the problem has been our scouting department/GMs. No matter where guys come from, SEC, ACC, Big 12 or what school, they seem to come out busts.

We have had Big Ten busts as well: Braylon And Notre Dame busts: Quinn

The Pac 10 may not have been so bad: Alex Mack/Danny Shelton

Mike Maylock's top 5 per position---QB a bit of a surprise.

And LSU's White is #5 out of 5 @ CB. Not a #12 overall in that slot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785722/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Again...he says the only question about MT is that he has only started one year. That is all anyone ever says.

Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

And if the pro teams agree then it's a moot point. He will slide.

If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

Don't know if anyone has seen this guy QB ratings before, goes back to 2008 and lists hand size etc too. He has a cut off point for each statistic which he then deems to be undraftable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit#gid=156597622

Still a lot of data to be filled in there. There, besides height and weight, he only lists hand size for some, and the character issue with Kelly.

By the way....I heard a couple of guys talking who said that Kelly would be the best QB in this draft were it not for his "character issues". Curious.

Yeah not complete for this year yet but updates pretty regularly after combine etc

Happy to take a flyer on Kelly with a later round pick, he clearly has talent and who knows, might grow up when he reaches the NFL.

Yeah not complete for this year yet but updates pretty regularly after combine etc

Happy to take a flyer on Kelly with a later round pick, he clearly has talent and who knows, might grow up when he reaches the NFL.

And, hopefully his uncle....who had his initial frat boy image became a pretty solid pro and solid citizen...could rub off on him.

I predict that the Bills draft him as a legacy.

If the Browns must go Garrett, it would be great in my opinion if he slid to 12. I don't think it will happen, but that would be good.

And, oh, yea....I am supposed to be on a Moratorium from all this draft talk. Sorry.

LOL! But I did not agree to have a personal moratorium on trolling you. Here fishy fishy. :lol:

Remember seeing it last year... good compilation. Thanks for the reminder.

One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

Jiggins, haven't seen that rumor. However, it's not a bad trade and I still would give the pats our number 12, making them even better. The 2nd round pick would be better. We need to strengthen our defense and pass rush as of yesterday, so that needs to be the number 1 priority. I like the Barnet pick, wouldn't be mad about that, but missing on Garret would be a big loss. Adams/hooker, Barnett/Solomon Thomas, Marlon Humphrey/ not sure yet, would be my personal picks.

One of the fun rumors that seems to be picking up steam is the Browns trading with the Tennessee Titans in round 1. The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round. That would give the Browns the #5, #12, and #18 picks of the first round. If we hold tight at those picks, we could possibly get Safety Jamal Adams at 5, DE Barnett at #12, and trade the #18 to Patriots for Garoppolo. So we leave day 1 of the draft with a stud safety prospect, defensive end, and hopefully our future QB.

Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works. It's just fun food for thought. So many Browns fans I know just want Myles Garrett at #1, and don't even want to HEAR about trading the pick. I'm pretty sure I feel the same way, but I also understand how our front office values picks. In my twisted mind, I want Garrett so badly. I want the #1 pick. The guy everyone wants. The guy that could make an instant impact. The guy who might have the ability to turn around a game in one play.

Does Tenn. own both #5 and #18?

I might be willing to do that. I know a lot of you are enamored with taking Garrett. I am not that enamored.

If the Browns could get 3 of the Top 18 talents in this draft...that would help fill the holes on this team tremendously.

But, then of course, those picks have to be used wisely. No Cam Ervings, Mingos, Gilberts, Manziels, Richardsons, Weedens etc.

But, yea, I would consider it highly. We could get a QB, DB, DL...and still have two picks in round two.

The fantasy trade stated the Browns give #1 to Titans, and then receive their #5, and #18 of the first round.

Now, keep in mind I haven't looked at the draft value chart, and I don't even know if it works.

Well...

Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600

Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1

Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.

Well...

Old Chart: 3000 <==> 1700 + 900 = 2600

Our Chart: 494.6 <==> 357.9 + 249.2 = 607.1

Not enough premium to give up Garrett, IMO.

I think I would do it in a heartbeat.

You could get either Hooker, Foster or Allen at 5....or MT

Lattimore, Ramczyk, or Tabor at 12 (or MT)

You could get Barnett, Zach Cunningham or Marlon Humphrey at 18

Then we have 33 and 52.

NFL.com's Chad Reuter has issued his 4-round mock.

1.1- Myles Garrett, DE

1.12 - Deshaun Watson, QB

2.33 - Quincy Wilson, CB

2.52 - Gerbil Peppers, S

3.65 - Ethan Pocic, C

4.103 - Eddie Vanderdoes, DT

4.136 - Adam Bisnowaty, OT

4.139 - Malachi Dupre, WR

As always who you skip that is still on the board is part of evaluating any mock. In this one Jamal Adams fell all the way through us to the Ravens at #16. But I guess it can be argued they have a QB.

Enjoy...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786173/article/reuter-4round-mock-draft-talent-drops-with-early-qb-run

I would trade the farm to San Francisco for that number two pick.

We would need to keep number one and twelve.

I'm thinking that they would trade us the number two for what? Maybe our first second rounder, one of our third rounders, our first round pick in next years draft and one of our second rounders from next years draft. That's one first rounder, two second rounders and a third rounder. That's a lot I get it. But if we execute it right...

Mitch Trubisky is #1 and Myles Garrett is #2, the probably decide to call them both number one overall, seems as the F.O. liked them both so much that it had to trade everything to secure them both.

The Browns will still have that number twelve selection... We need to be safe here and possibly trade up to seven to take Leo Fournette before Carolina does. We could probably trade 12 and our 2nd second rounder and maybe a fourth and fifth to go from 12 to 7?

If the Browns draft:

Mitch Trubisky

Myles Garrett

Leonard Fournette

That would be amazing.

So we would pretty much be using our first rounder next year to draft Garrett, since there is no way he's there at 12 it's the only way we're going to get him. Then we're using our second rounder to draft Fournette. This only works if you can pretend that we're like almost all the other teams and only have one pick a round.

We would still have our third - sixth round picks this year/ and we would still have our second through seventh round picks for next year.

It may look like we're missing out on a lot of picks but we've been accumulating picks for a while now and I think that now is the time to strike and use those picks. Get Trubisky, Garrett and Fournette and blow the NFL's mind!

Your score is: 9052 (GRADE: C-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A-)

Round 1 Pick 3 (CHI): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

Round 5 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

Your Future Picks:

2019 Round 1 Pick

----------------------------

Okay, I was a little wrong on those proposals earlier. I worked it out on first-pick and it ended up costing me way more that I had planned on. But I got it done.

I feel this is the best way forward. In this approach we identify 5 players that ARE GOING TO START AT THOSE POSITIONS.

We could have our Franchise QB - Trubisky with our career backup in Kess, classic.

We get two DE's that worked together in college come back together to do it in the Pros. You have continuity and experience working together. Then you add in Shelton and Ogbah and Nassib and Collins and you have yourself a dangerous front seven.

You have your starting secondary worked out. Haden, Taylor, Bod, Powell, Evans + some others.

Your Defense is solid right there. Couple that with a Defensive Coordinator like Greg Williams... and BAM!

The for the icing on the cake we finally have a runningback that could stick around for a while and challenge Jim Browns records.

That would be a good draft.

Let the team GROW. The last thing we need is more draft picks. We need QUALITY over quantity at this point. Next year we still have a nice bounty of picks to shore up the remaining holes. But with FA and UDFA, this team would be very competitive and exciting to watch. Not only to watch but watch it grow and develop. That would make for an exciting TV show! *hint, hint, wink, nod.*

What do we have to lose?

I would bet my fandom they don't lose more games than last season.

First, I think we could stand pat and not lose more games than we did last year.

Second, you may have given up more of 2017 than you thought, but the sim only let's you deal future 1st-rounders.

Third, the reason "it cost so much" was your hanging onto the #12. To do so for Fournette is the biggest flaw in your effort... and that's from a guy who is not in favor of moving up to get Trubs.

The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.

The more sims I do, the more mocks I see, I find that #12 is not in the "impact player" zone of this draft. I thought it once was and, depending upon how the actual draft falls, it may yet be.

Right....I have about 7 players on my hit list for the top 2 picks....which means, depending how they fall, we will get 1 for sure....but not likely 2.....I tend to rank players in groups, instead of individually, so I have 3 Id take at #1.....and 4 that Id hope to get at #12.....which means I can trade back to #3 and still get one of my coveted players......also gives me fuel to move up from #12 to tap the second...

So....Id advocate a short trade back.....then a trade up.....Id also spend next years #1 to obtain another first this year. As bad as we were, added to the prospect that we will be better this season, means next years #1 is at it's highest value right now. If we do well, then that value drops.....PLUS, we are committed to the young guys now, so why not get a head start on next years pick?

Just did a mock, using the above tactics and feel it went well....got 2 of my top 3(Garrett & Adams)....and 3 of my top 7(Williams was #6)......all players I feel are elite type impact players....

And the most amazing aspect???..........I picked a WR at #15.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.....

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 7 (LAC): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A+)

Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A)

Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A­)

Round 4 Pick 1: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A­)

Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A­)

My theory on the late picks.....Rogers and Gonzalez are that Im picking the best(at their positions), rather than picking to 30th best.......

I don't really see the Titans going for something like that, as I believe they are targeting a potential WR star with one of their picks. Mariota needs a badass stud to toss it to, and once he gets that, he may truly be a force.

And the most amazing aspect???..........I picked a WR at #15.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.....

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 7 (LAC): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 1 Pick 15 (PHI): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A+)

Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A)

Round 2 Pick 20: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A­)

Round 4 Pick 1: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 4 Pick 3 (JAX): Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A­)

Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A­)

Nicely done Mud. But, how in the H, did you get Philly to trade out of the likes of WR Mike Williams? Or any WR. They need like 4 of them. Remember what you gave up & what Philly took where?

A scenario I can't see playing out, this one has us taking Jamal Adams #1 overall. Then says Garrett falling to the 49ers is a 'dream scenario'.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/02/20/2017-nfl-mock-draft-a-new-no-1-for-the-browns/

Everyone knows the 49ers need a QB the same as we do, and that they don't have another high first round pick, yet almost any mock draft with us taking anyone except Garrett sees the 49ers taking him instead. Please don't overthink this, Sashi.

Archived