THE BROWNS BOARD

Brown Board Mock Draft 2017

darren15

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wants to start now and part of me wants to wait until after the Combine

Honestly....the combine is not going to tell anyone how good of a football player any of these guys are. It may give some data about athletic ability, but it won't give you much.

Justin Gilbert killed it at the combine.

That's all you need to know.

So are we just missing the Colts and the Stealers?

And are we going to go after the combine ending March 6 or after the FA March 9 date?

A few days after FA opens seems best - there will be holes filled on most teams that will hugely impact the draft.

When do we get this party started? Have all teams been assigned? I say start as soon as all teams are assigned.

Part of me wants to start now and part of me wants to wait until after the Combine

Definitely waiting for the Combine. Hard to remember one that did not shake up the pecking order.

FA? Some key activity occurs Combine week, e.g., tags applied. But the "legal tampering" period, March 7-9, may also be worth waiting for. If there's an early flurry of activity, then it is coming out of then.

Also throughout this period are a lot of big name option pickup decisions on both sides... by players and teams.

But we can't wait forever...

The first Saturday following the above is March 11, but looking at the order if Gip, Ag and I pick Friday night the 10th, then it sets up London Brown to keep the ball rolling when he rises for his Saturday. Also may well give Gip his customary weekend off.

Thoughts?

Definitely waiting for the Combine. Hard to remember one that did not shake up the pecking order.

FA? Some key activity occurs Combine week, e.g., tags applied. But the "legal tampering" period, March 7-9, may also be worth waiting for. If there's an early flurry of activity, then it is coming out of then.

Also throughout this period are a lot of big name option pickup decisions on both sides... by players and teams.

But we can't wait forever...

The first Saturday following the above is March 11, but looking at the order if Gip, Ag and I pick Friday night the 10th, then it sets up London Brown to keep the ball rolling when he rises for his Saturday. Also may well give Gip his customary weekend off.

Thoughts?

I can give you my pecking order right now. I have the Jags with the #4 pick...the team I have at #5...the Rams traded the pick to the Tits, so that is not my pick. Nothing done at the combine or in FA would change this. The only thing that would change it would be the discovery of a massive, career threatening injury. So, if available, the Jags select with the #4 overall pick in this order:

1. Jonathan Allen DT

2. Malik Hooker FS

3. Dalvin Cook RB

If I am not around.....or if you want, you do not have to wait a New York minute to record my choice.

Cool... then you are now locked in.

Like I said, only proviso is if the Hooker injury really turns out much worse than they are saying. But, from what I read, he should be good to go for training camp. And the Jags I guess are somewhat used to this. Dante Fowler missed a whole year, but should be back. If the talent is good enough, you go with it.

Now, if Allen suffers a Teddy Twatwater type knee injury, that would be another matter.

I'm fine with picking after you Tour on the 11th and then plugging in Gip's top one left over. Darren is very good at staying on top so I'm sure London can wake up to his choices early Sat the 12. Should be a fun week with lots of answers going in on the 11th.

I'm sure London can wake up to his choices early Sat the 12. Should be a fun week with lots of answers going in on the 11th.

Just to piss off Archie Manning again. NYG trade Eli Manning back to SD/LA so LondonBrown can sleep in :lol: Trades, great idea, we got a month to burn. Harvard or JJ trade value chart? we'd be done by week 1 opener.. NOOOOoooooo!!

I'm fine with picking after you Tour on the 11th and then plugging in Gip's top one left over. Darren is very good at staying on top so I'm sure London can wake up to his choices early Sat the 12. Should be a fun week with lots of answers going in on the 11th.

Does seem like a way to at least get us off to a flying stop. ;)

Just to piss off Archie Manning again. NYG trade Eli Manning back to SD/LA so LondonBrown can sleep in :lol: Trades, great idea, we got a month to burn. Harvard or JJ trade value chart? we'd be done by week 1 opener.. NOOOOoooooo!!

There's a mega mock over at reddit where war rooms are manned by each team's sub-forum members and they do trade picks. It's a true, real time, on-the-clock mock that I'd love to be involved in someday.

There's a mega mock over at reddit where war rooms are manned by each team's sub-forum members and they do trade picks. It's a true, real time, on-the-clock mock that I'd love to be involved in someday.

Link?

• 2 weeks later...

NfL.com. Comp picks are in..Browns receive a 1- 3rd round-pick #103(to Pats)..2-4th round picks #139(to Philly).. 1-5th round pick #183..Combine Next Friday. FA's period 3-9, the fireworks start. Lets get ready to Rumble..

Unless I've missed a claim, Indy and MN are still up for grabs.

Thanks to Connor who stepped up for PTG, but we're covered there. I'm going to hold them a little longer, one more week, for one of their apparently very fragile "fans" to step up. If they don't, then Chris or I will take them.

To those with teams... time to brush up on their needs if you've not already done so. A little time on http://www.first-pick.com/ ought to do it.

Any teams left, I like Browns - Raiders - Cardinals

Any teams left, I like Browns - Raiders - Cardinals

Indy and MN are left. Interested? Take one get one free... limited time offer.

Sure, I'll do it.

I'll take the Colts and the Vikings.

Chris,

Would you rather have PTG/ATL or ATL/NE? I think either PTG or NE will work paired with CLE for me.

Great all teams taken ...when do we begin ... maybe this time next week after 3 days of FA ?

I think Friday, March 10th, works. And 10:00 AM EST seems about right to get thru Gip before his customary weekend hiatus and London before bedtime.

I'll get the support threads set up for pinning. I figure a:

• Day 1 - Round 1 thread;
  • Day 2 - Rounds 2 & 3 thread;
  • Day 3 - Rounds 4 & 5 thread;
  • Day 3 - Rounds 6 & 7 thread; and
  • Players Taken by Position thread.

Archived